Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate to be a geek, but TXF movie is simply titled The X Files. "Fight the Future" is the tagline, not the title of the movie.

This news could mean we'll see the Antarctic Stargate, the Ancient Outpost, or both.

Comment

Originally posted by The Great Lord Baal View Post
      I will be pissed if this means they are going to stop baal with the outpost like they did with anubis
      They would have to have a Zed Pee Emm or a pair of Mark Two Naquadah Generators.
      Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Starxgate View Post
        Among the most visually stunning and dramatic scenes to be filmed at the location involves the submarine as it bursts through the ice and into the cold Arctic air with temperatures hovering around 50 degrees below zero.
        Well...this is going to be awesome.

Comment

This is well and good but can we see the Jack character?

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos View Post
            I thought Fox only distributed MGM's DVDs, since when did they finance the show/movies.
            since Skiffy probably asked too much and well, they're out of the picture now. too bad

Comment

Originally posted by ses110 View Post
              This is well and good but can we see the Jack character?
              Jack has left the building. No, seriously, once there's confirmation he's signed for either flick, I'm sure MGM will take advantage to publicize it. I suspect they're aiming to get him for the time travel movie (arc of truth?) where it would make more sense to have him, than the Arctic one.

Comment

All the talk is RDA appearing in the 2nd not the first.If I'm TPTB I want him for both.RDA in both can made great DVD sales and more Movies.I would be great to have Jack in some of the first and in most of the 2nd.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                  Jack has left the building. No, seriously, once there's confirmation he's signed for either flick, I'm sure MGM will take advantage to publicize it. I suspect they're aiming to get him for the time travel movie (arc of truth?) where it would make more sense to have him, than the Arctic one.
                  Arc of Truth is the first one. Continuum is the time travel one.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ses110 View Post
                    All the talk is RDA appearing in the 2nd not the first.If I'm TPTB I want him for both.RDA in both can made great DVD sales and more Movies.I would be great to have Jack in some of the first and in most of the 2nd.
                    I'd only want Jack in either movie if his character did something more than crack jokes

Comment

I think that can be arranged.The Jack character is more than just a funnyman.I think RDA played jack mostly serious in Season 10.

Comment

Weird, the USS Alexandria's homeport is on the east ocast, at Groton/ New London CT. I know subs move around alot but does anyone else think it weird that they are going to have a sub travel around the world to shoot a film when they have ships of the same class on that coast?

Also, I am glad to see that the Navy is getting a bigger part in the Stargate Universe, I am a big navy guy. they have only had a fraction of the representation the other branches have recieved.

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
                          Sounds good! Why would they be in the Arctic I wonder, when the Stargate was found in Antarctica? Unless it was just easier to shoot the scenes in the Arctic, as it doesn't actually say the scenes are set in the Arctic.
                          The pilot to Atlantis where General O'Neill was being flown by Sheppard from McMurdo to the Ancient outpost, was filmed in northern Canada too. It's amazing how like the Antarctic the Arctic can appear.
                          Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos View Post
                            Arc of Truth is the first one. Continuum is the time travel one.
                            TV episodes are not all filmed in order or even one at a time, so there is no reason to believe that the Arctic location shoot is for the first movie.
                            Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
                              The pilot to Atlantis where General O'Neill was being flown by Sheppard from McMurdo to the Ancient outpost, was filmed in northern Canada too. It's amazing how like the Antarctic the Arctic can appear.
                              Well yeah; all you need is a field if white with small bits of grey/brown poking through it.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
                                It's good to see that the films really do have a generous budget for things like this.
                                I agree. It really gives me high hopes for the kinds of visuals we might see in these two movies.
                                sigpic
                                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                                "...phu...ah..."
                                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                                X