No announcement yet.

Stargate Movie Fan Campaign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if they're not a good size as attached, i can e-mail them to folks and they can pass them around
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Thanks Skydiver! Nice clear message.
      The Wraith the Wraith are a very bad race. A very bad race indeed
      Next convention: Creation LA SG/FS/Eureka WH13 Sanctuary TriCon

Comment

I going to try to do what I can, but I am ashamed to say i'm not the best at these campaigns....

Comment

so the basic plan is:

* put letters and visuals (like skydiver's green light messages) together

* when we find out who buys mgm, send all this stuff to them.

am i right so far?

like i said before, i won't be joining facebook (i don't want to talk to ppl that might recognize me ), but i'll do something on twitter. do we have a twitter account?
          sally

sigpic

Comment

I echo the idea of keeping people motivated on a monthly basis. The hand-written letter campaign, as much as that's always a fun one, should remain on the backburner for two key reasons -- we want to send them to whichever studio purchases the franchise, and we want more time to get a lot more interest going on this.
            If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Hey, look. There are 35 members now on the Facebook page.
              If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

I haven't got time to read the entire thread but just wanted to share a few thoughts.

The bottom line is $$$

If you can get enough fans willing to participate, you could start a campaign to buy copies of the movies & Atlantis on DVD (SG1 I believe has already sold very well).

You can encourage people to buy a copy for themselves if they haven't done so already, or buy a copy for a friend, family member, co-worker etc... or, give them the option of donating to a fund that will purchase bulk DVDs that will then be donated to public libraries, hospitals, people serving in the armed forces etc. This has the benefit of improving the bottom line, gaining new viewers (very important) AND helping the community at the same time.

People who participate by buying or donating can then send a postcard to MGM to let them know they've participated in the project.

It would help to have everyone that participates report in with what they've contributed so that the info can be gathered together for publicity purposes, once you reach a certain goal, have someone with experience write up a press release and mail it out to all the major news outlets as well as sci fi sources.
                Last edited by Tal; 21 February 2010, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Hey Major Davis,

I am waiting to get an approval from SyFy to be able to post this kind of thread. SyFy has interest in the SGA movie, but not sure what they will say about the SG-1 movie. It has to go through the legal channels and whatnot. I'll let you guys know. Then you can post a thread and I will have it pinned to the top of the forums for both SG-1 and SGA.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                    Hey Major Davis,

I am waiting to get an approval from SyFy to be able to post this kind of thread. SyFy has interest in the SGA movie, but not sure what they will say about the SG-1 movie. It has to go through the legal channels and whatnot. I'll let you guys know. Then you can post a thread and I will have it pinned to the top of the forums for both SG-1 and SGA.
                    what do you mean about not sure with sg1 why would they be more against sg1 than atlantis
                    sigpic
                    The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

Originally posted by chrono trigger View Post
                      what do you mean about not sure with sg1 why would they be more against sg1 than atlantis
                      SyFy and MGM had originally a deal to air the SGA movie first and then it would be released on DVD. No such deals were made with the SG-1 movie.

But I did hear, but not sure that SGU's pickup came with rights to air DVD movies.
                      sigpic

Comment

In any case, no matter what the scifi site allows, people can mail to support the potential for either or both movies
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

http://www.petitionspot.com/start-a-petition/
                          I would do it myself, but I don't have much spare time any more ...

But I will gladly create propaganda .
                          Spam everywhere, is my idea . Tal's plan is also good, and we should place public notices in libraries if it is done !!!

If we get every active GW member to join in, plus other forums (I know many here have high standings elsewhere), everyone's friends etc, maybe it will nudge them .

Comment

Good to go on SyFy.com. Whoever has an account feel free to post a thread on both the SG-1 and SGA forum and we'll get them pinned for ya.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                              Good to go on SyFy.com. Whoever has an account feel free to post a thread on both the SG-1 and SGA forum and we'll get them pinned for ya.
                              yay, brian!!

thanks, guy.
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                                yay, brian!!

thanks, guy.
                                I think we could get at least another 50 to 60 to sign up on that site alone.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X