No announcement yet.

Stargate Movie Fan Campaign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The idea that we should wait and send this in a barrage to the purchasing studio is a sound one. I fully agree.

Could we call the youtube project 'Stargate Movie Campaign' instead, if possible? 'SG' isn't very telling. We're going to need to spread the franchise out and get new people hooked.

One thing SaveFarscape did that was great was its members made extensive efforts to recruit new 'Scapers' the world over. It worked, too. I've spoken with many people online over the years since the campaign that say they got into it through someone from the project and couldn't believe what they'd missed. If Stargate is to survive the ages, it's going to need this stuff.
    If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff O'Connor View Post
      The idea that we should wait and send this in a barrage to the purchasing studio is a sound one. I fully agree.

Could we call the youtube project 'Stargate Movie Campaign' instead, if possible? 'SG' isn't very telling. We're going to need to spread the franchise out and get new people hooked.

One thing SaveFarscape did that was great was its members made extensive efforts to recruit new 'Scapers' the world over. It worked, too. I've spoken with many people online over the years since the campaign that say they got into it through someone from the project and couldn't believe what they'd missed. If Stargate is to survive the ages, it's going to need this stuff.
      Good point and sure thing
      sigpic
      Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Sweet!
        If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Great thread! I'm completely on board.
          sigpic
          The Return of King Arthur
          Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
          acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Great work everyone. Could we also send links to eachother to the yt and facebook accounts and the group on GW.

Currently 15 members on the facebook group.And growing
            Here's the new profile pic. It say's :SG-MOVIE CAMPIAGN:Join the fight for the greenlight
            http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...1&id=621516699
            Last edited by McgillionFan; 20 February 2010, 09:52 PM.
            GOODBYE GATEWORLD. BEEN FUN TAKE CARE ALL!!

Comment

I'm all for this, count me in.

Comment

Originally posted by McgillionFan View Post
                Great work everyone. Could we also send links to eachother to the yt and facebook accounts and the group on GW.

Currently 15 members on the facebook group.And growing
                Here's the new profile pic. It say's :SG-MOVIE CAMPIAGN:Join the fight for the greenlight
                http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...1&id=621516699
                I just sent the pm with the yt info to you, I'm waiting on a check from you and major davis to post the link
                sigpic
                Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by McgillionFan View Post
                  Facebook update : Currently have 11 members. Thank you to everyone who's joined and supporting this campaign. Thank you Major Davis starting it,great idea and it's great to see fans fighting for SG1 and Atlantis.

I've been thinking about making some posters to maybe send to MGM or the PTB.
                  Have you contacted SGAfan4live the campaign leader of save atlantis?
                  Here the link of PB where you can find some cards made by SGAfan4live
                  http://s373.photobucket.com/albums/oo180/SGAfan4life/
                  and his/her site for the campaign
                  http://www.wix.com/SaveSGA/Campaign
                  You suggested many things FB Twitter mail campaign conventions (comic con, creationment cons Vancouver Chicago LA Dragon con and even armaggedon con in NZ and Australia) YT but all these have already been made. I don't want to be pessimistic or negative here but now we all know what is sgu and some actors have some doubts about the movies.The actors moved on after one year and half and SGA actors have never been contacted by the production and studios since the beginning.
                  And if I was negative I didn't post here all links here.
                  I've already posted here some links about the petition and the forum.
                  It would seem you just awared of they didn't want to listen us till now.
                  The petition is now at 37626 sigs and despite this TPTB have not listened us till now when you announced 11 people who signed FB up. I know you just started and I'm glad other people want to make something for the movies but you must know many people signed up in previous campaign since the cancellation. you're not the first ones. 2 campaigns gave up and one is still running with as result some indifference from the powers. Maybe it's a better time now cos now we know what sgu really is and movies are in danger even if the powers tried to convince us the opposite.
                  Last edited by domdom; 21 February 2010, 01:27 AM.

Made by Csom
                  Petition http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/SaveSGA
                  visit campaign site http://www.wix.com/SaveSGA/Campaign for 6th season.
                  Save Atlantis forum http://forum.saveatlantis.com/
                  SCI-FI thread save stargate Atlantishttp://forums.scifi.com/index.php?showtopic=2319230

LONG LIVE ATLANTIS

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                    Keep the fight going. I think we need to step it up even more!!
                    Yes.
                    I'm in since the beginning.

Originally posted by EdenSG View Post
                    Good idea! I think also you make a a good point.

Simple , positive messages that stay on on message.

This is not about if or why the shows were cancelled, it is not about SGU.

For the campaign/messages to have the intended meaning they should be positive and simple to the point.

I support Stargate SG-1 and/or Stargate Atlantis.

Please green light the Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis movies!

Anything else will only dilute the message. Any negativity will result in less support of the campaign and likely have TPTB just dismiss us.
                    Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                    Totally agree! I am tired of the negativity towards this amazing franchise. SGA and SG-1 were both great series and proved they could be successful. I know both movies would sell very well. We just have to hope MGM gets their act together.
                    I agree I heard a lot and so bad things...

Originally posted by EdenSG View Post
                    Exactly!

At this point the campaign, regardless of whether or not we get the movie, is an opportunity for me and I hope other fans to unite, show there is still support for SG-1 and SGA and the movies so that when MGM is out of the financial mess or who ever owns the company next will be aware that there are fans who have not forgotten, that there are fans who still care and would like to see the movies.
                    ITA

Made by Csom
                    Petition http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/SaveSGA
                    visit campaign site http://www.wix.com/SaveSGA/Campaign for 6th season.
                    Save Atlantis forum http://forum.saveatlantis.com/
                    SCI-FI thread save stargate Atlantishttp://forums.scifi.com/index.php?showtopic=2319230

LONG LIVE ATLANTIS

Comment

there is now 23 members on facebook which is great but we need more people to join
                      sigpic
                      The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

I have PM'ed major davis over the last day offering suggestions and support for the campaign. I suggested some ideas and guidelines. I was asked if I would post them.

Suggestions:

#1 Have a clear stated purpose for the campaign.
                        (There have been a lot of great ideas posted so I just listed them - I hope that is ok)

Example:

Title: Stargate Movie Campaign

Purpose: To show MGM and TPTB there is fan support for SG-1 and SGA and the movies

Campaign Mantra: Stargate Movie Campaign: Join the Fight for the Greenlight

#2 Have a Short and Simple Message.

I support Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis

Please greenlight the Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis movies

**** Remember never use SGA or SG-1 ALWAYS spell Stargate out

#3 Stay on Message. Stay Positive. NO Negativity.

Do not complain about why the shows were cancelled, do not complain about TPTB, MGM or SyFy or that they were wrong to cancell SGA and SG-1. Do not talk about SGU. This is not what the campaign is about. It takes the campaign off message, it is negative and starts fan arguments. This will lead to less fan involvment and will likely cause TPTB to just disregard us.

To those doing facebook/myspace/website: Anything that has posted on the website, or face book or myspace that is negative or off message should be deleted.

#4 Appeal to as Many Fans as Possible.

Think of this as more than just a campaign to get movies - because there are too many factors involved with that - it is an opportunity to tell MGM and TPTB that you are fan of SG-1 and SGA, that you support the shows and you would still like to have the movies greenlight.

In order to get more fans involved keep it positive. We need SGU fans who would still like to see the SG movies - so we need to keep this clean, polite, positive and on stay on message.

#5 No Petitions

They are old school, inaccurate and allow to many negative comments.
                        They have no impact and do not work

#6 Go Viral.
                        That is the new “in” with marketing in Hollywood. - BUT handwritten letters/postcards are still the best!

E-mails
                        Twitter (a great way to spread the message)
                        My Space/Facebook page
                        videos
                        website

BUT: Handwritten letters/postcards are still the best

#7 Keep Control of the Campaign!

I thank Major Davis for starting the campaign.Without someone guiding the process it will spin out of control, and not in a good way.
                        The campaign will need lots of help! We need to work together!

#8 Keep People Involved.

Showing support over a period of time will be more effective then just a one time blitz.

Examples:

One month focus on an handwritten letters, the next on twitter, the next on e-mails etc.

Have a monthly contest or something to keep people interested and draw people back in.

Have a pre-written message so people know what to say - it helps to control the message and keeps the message on target.

It will also help people get involved since many don’t know what to say or don’t want to take the time to write something, cut and paste is much easier.

It is good to see so many people already getting invovled!
                        I will be happy to help in any way I can.

To major davis and whoever is doing the website please let me know, I can help with some of my suggestions and offer other forms of support.
                        Last edited by EdenSG; 21 February 2010, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Ok, so this is the yt channel...

http://www.youtube.com/user/SGCampaigners
                          sigpic

Comment

Count me in! I'm all for supporting SG movies.
                            sigpic

Comment

Have some fun with these. They should print out full page (i say should, not sure if uploading htem via GW will downsize them or not)

IMHO, this is as simple as the message should be. just show your support, sign your name and let it be.
                              Attached Files
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Wow. Sweet!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X