Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My thoughts about Sam and Jack in the third movie (spec and spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
    anyone can think what he wants, but you will never convince me that Sam and Jack aren't together after Threads!
    So, yes! I'd like to see them together in the 3rd movie

I'm with you on this!!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Petra View Post
      Umm..why? I don't want anyone to die in this movie. I want my shipper confirmation and teamy ending!

Besides I recall reading somewhere that the writers were thinking of killing Sam off for the series finale back in season 6 or 7 (btw, can someone confirm it?) and if they didn't do it then, they won't now. Both Sam and Jack appear on SGU, and the film is supposed to be set before the events of SGU, so there ya go..

It's a little off topic, but why do you think Jack should ascend? I tend to think it would be totally OOC for him...feel free to PM if you like.

Ok, so not so much dead die, but Jack die/ascend instead.
      Why, well, I think Jack as a character has completed his journey, he wasnt ready to ascend back when Daniel was Ascended but since then he's helped beat the Goauld, the Replicators etc etc, has gone from hating the man to being the man and, from the Sam/Keller conversation gotten the girl more or less.
      On the otherside RDA's getting on abit, theres pretty much not going to be any old Jack rolling around with a P-90 scenes anymore so his age, and the retirement issue's mentioned by Sam would round it off nicely, by the time the money is there again to start filming a third film (if they do at all that is) it'd mould nicely with RDA's age, Jacks retirement, getting the girl on screen and not just in conversations (actual on screen confirmation) but with him ascending it'll always give TPTB a bit of movement with unexplained things happening in a sort of, is it isnt it him kinda thing in the future..

imho of course..

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
        How could they prove once and for all they AREN'T and still make it a resolution? The shippers will still insist that it's just a matter of time and they should 'hurry up and get them together for crying out loud'. This is one of the many reason's I wish they'd kill SG-1 off.
        If there is a third movie I think it will be just fine without any sort of confirmation of Sam/Jack. Of course we have to wait for the movie. I never did like the character Sam, she always seemed like a fawning moron to me, taking away from the fact that she was kick butt USAF.

That is beside the point. The movie, if made, doesn't need any sort of confirmation of anything, IMHO.

For those who want for sure, solid confirmation, I think they are going to be disappointed. Of course, we have to wait and see if there is going to be a third movie or not. This whole conversation could be entirely redundant.
        I disgust myself sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Targust View Post

For those who want for sure, solid confirmation, I think they are going to be disappointed.

I think we're going to be quite happy

And I have to agree with the idea of Jack ascending to be totally and completely out of chracter for him.
          sigpic
          Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
            Somehow I don't think TPTB are going to go there, and like I said earlier, we need a movie first.
            I disgust myself sometimes.

Comment

And I have to agree with the idea of Jack ascending to be totally and completely out of chracter for him.
              Agree in 100%
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kusanagi View Post
                Agree in 100%
                I'm with you!
                sigpic
                My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by kusanagi View Post
                  Agree in 100%
                  Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                  I'm with you!
                  Ditto to all the above.

Comment

Originally posted by Trig View Post
                    Ok, so not so much dead die, but Jack die/ascend instead.
                    Why, well, I think Jack as a character has completed his journey, he wasnt ready to ascend back when Daniel was Ascended but since then he's helped beat the Goauld, the Replicators etc etc, has gone from hating the man to being the man and, from the Sam/Keller conversation gotten the girl more or less.
                    On the otherside RDA's getting on abit, theres pretty much not going to be any old Jack rolling around with a P-90 scenes anymore so his age, and the retirement issue's mentioned by Sam would round it off nicely, by the time the money is there again to start filming a third film (if they do at all that is) it'd mould nicely with RDA's age, Jacks retirement, getting the girl on screen and not just in conversations (actual on screen confirmation) but with him ascending it'll always give TPTB a bit of movement with unexplained things happening in a sort of, is it isnt it him kinda thing in the future..

imho of course..
                    Thanks for answering. It's an interesting idea, but as I've said it doesn't work for me, IMO it's way too OOC for Jack.

Spoilered, because of Jack's ascension being OT

Spoiler:
                    I guess I can see where are you coming from, but I still think it wouldn't make sense. Jack isn't a very spiritual guy, or at least he isn't in the same way Daniel and Teal'c are. He hates being helpless and doing nothing, and that's pretty much what ascension means. I don't believe that ending the wars would have such an effect on him - he's a soldier, he'd seen/fought in many wars before joining the program. And I admit that leaving when he finally, as you put it, "got the girl" doesn't make the slightest sense to me. Why bother with "getting" her at all, if he isn't going to enjoy his time with her?

As for RDA..you know, I see this argument about him not being able to run with his P90 because of his age - a lot. And I just don't understand it. How many times did we actually see Jack running around and doing the action stuff in the series? There's Enemies obviously, Fifth Man, 48 hours..but that was back in season 5. Every 'action" scene he did in seasons 6-8 is something he still can do now, as they didn't involve any acrobatics or even much running. So this argument doesn't work for me either.

Thanks again for presenting your POV.
                    There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
                    sigpic
                    awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

I'll stop with the "Lets ascend Jack" thing then, seeing as nobody else seems to share that idea

as for him running about with a P90, he didnt do much in Continuum and doesnt seem to do much other than sit behind his desk anymore so unless they're going to clone him in his late 20's early 30's and then use that clone as a template for a new Asgard race I cant see him doing much..

Speaking of cloning Jack, how old will his clone be now...

Comment

Originally posted by Trig View Post

I'll stop with the "Lets ascend Jack" thing then, seeing as nobody else seems to share that idea

as for him running about with a P90, he didnt do much in Continuum and doesnt seem to do much other than sit behind his desk anymore so unless they're going to clone him in his late 20's early 30's and then use that clone as a template for a new Asgard race I cant see him doing much..

Speaking of cloning Jack, how old will his clone be now...
                        Seriously, Jack is an old 3 star general. I don't think realistically he can have more than a peripheral role in the next movie unless his Ancient gene is important to the plot and/or he undergoes another ancient download...

Comment

You'll forgive me but I can't help but yawn at the Jack Is Old arguments, used mostly to point out he can't offer anything to the new movie.

In which I go OT...

Spoiler:
                          Some of the best actors have done their most brilliant work later in life. Moreover, they can use Jack and use him very well without having him so much as skip across a hundred yard meadow. There are so many ways to utilize him, making him relevant to the plot and furthering it and not even give him a gun. A gun which I'm sure we can agree he can still shoot.

I don't know. I'm just of the opinion that having a character run around for 90 minutes, blowing things up, doesn't make him engaging or the actor well used.
                          you're so cute when you're slurring your speech but they're closing the bar and they want us to leave

'What is it, Sebastian? I'm arranging matches.'

"Religion is far more of a choice than homosexuality. And the protections that we have, for religion --we protect religion-- and talk about a lifestyle choice! That is absolutely a choice. Gay people don't choose to be gay. At what age did you choose not to be gay?" (Jon Stewart, The King of Common Sense)

Comment

Originally posted by slurredspeech View Post
                            You'll forgive me but I can't help but yawn at the Jack Is Old arguments, used mostly to point out he can't offer anything to the new movie.

In which I go OT...

Spoiler:
                            Some of the best actors have done their most brilliant work later in life. Moreover, they can use Jack and use him very well without having him so much as skip across a hundred yard meadow. There are so many ways to utilize him, making him relevant to the plot and furthering it and not even give him a gun. A gun which I'm sure we can agree he can still shoot.

I don't know. I'm just of the opinion that having a character run around for 90 minutes, blowing things up, doesn't make him engaging or the actor well used.

Yeah, you tell 'em girl!!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by slurredspeech View Post

In which I go OT...

Spoiler:

i agree also older actors have more experience and usually bring more to their characters than younger actors
                              with less experience
                              sigpic
                              The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Aragon101 View Post
                                2: Since TPTB are more convinced in Jack/Sam than they are of their own existence, why not confirm it? Why wait for potentially the LAST SG1 movie to come out? did they really see no way to have Sam as a character with that confirmation? Now it just reeks of Riker and Troi in Nemesis, and at least there it KINDA makes sense because both had multiple relationships with others, looked for potential love with others, instead of Sam being desperate and going to potato man Pete, the culmination of most of what is wrong with men, and Jack with Understanding kerry, who tells the "great" guy she has to go. Why go to all that trouble and then not even confirm it?

The pieces of this puzzle fit together too well, someone used scissors to make sure the pieces fit. This is all apart from my fan belief that they just don't mesh together well given what we've seen of their characters.

So like i've said, it's GOING to happen, it's GOING to sour the third movie if it ever gets made for me, t's NOT going to make any sense to me whatsoever, and finally it'll be the final nail in the coffin of this ship that should have come years ago, and instead feels more like an afterthougt of something long forgotten like "Oh crap! we forgot to conform Jack/Sam on screen! Let's just put a scene in that last movie and get back to whatever we're playing around with now."

That's low IMO. if it was so important, why not give it the focus it needs?
                                Well, I think I see the same things you have, that part in bold pretty much sums it up for me as well. Whatever TPTB might be thinking of is probably too little, too late to really fit with the story in any meaningful way. I always thought TPTB had more sense than that, but now I'm not so sure.

That's why I more or less stopped worrying about the third movie. I'd like to see it made, but honestly, IF they get around to confirming anything between Sam and Jack, (maybe a 50/50 chance of that, I think- you're FAR too worried about that, Aragon ) I doubt it'll truly be a fitting ending. An afterthought tacked on after one's career is over doesn't seem like the most romantic thing ever, and I completely disagree with Ashizuri that that would be a realistic, adult outcome. Intelligent, resourceful grown-ups seem unlikely to pine for each other forever, especially people pretty high up the food chain like Sam and Jack. They figure it out. If fanfic writers can plausibly write it that way, TPTB can, too. I just don't think they want to.

They had the chance to write a truly epic romance (IMHO). However, unless some miracle occurs they've wasted the opportunity. It's hard to believe they could let a popular and long-lived story arc like this dwindle away, but they did. At this point, I think some passing reference on SGU would be all right with me.
                                Last edited by VSS; 08 March 2010, 12:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X