Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My thoughts about Sam and Jack in the third movie (spec and spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aragon101 View Post
    just throwing this out there, but in that Trio Deleted scene, Sam hints that she's waiting for hre "guy" in washington to retire. In fact she makes it pretty clear, to the point where "He's going to retire soon so who knows?' (verbatim)

What did Carter mean by that?
    She's actually in a relationship with Joe Lieberman and keeping it a secret out of shame. OH NOEZ.

But really. I think it would be a little bit ridiculous to have them hook up in the 3rd movie. Either they've done it back when and now you confirm it, or you don't touch it at all. I see them being in this sort of keeping-it-low-key relationship simply because I see them both as private people. Anyhoot, don't really think O'Neill's non-retirement would have put things on hold, at least not for distance reasons. Had he retired, would he have come live in Pegasus with her? Would she refuse the posting on Hammond just so she could cuddle with him on the dock? Meh. They're adults and methinks they can deal with a long-distance relationship for awhile. Less mature people have done it successfully.
    you're so cute when you're slurring your speech but they're closing the bar and they want us to leave

'What is it, Sebastian? I'm arranging matches.'

"Religion is far more of a choice than homosexuality. And the protections that we have, for religion --we protect religion-- and talk about a lifestyle choice! That is absolutely a choice. Gay people don't choose to be gay. At what age did you choose not to be gay?" (Jon Stewart, The King of Common Sense)

Comment

Originally posted by slurredspeech View Post
      She's actually in a relationship with Joe Lieberman and keeping it a secret out of shame. OH NOEZ.

But really. I think it would be a little bit ridiculous to have them hook up in the 3rd movie. Either they've done it back when and now you confirm it, or you don't touch it at all. I see them being in this sort of keeping-it-low-key relationship simply because I see them both as private people. Anyhoot, don't really think O'Neill's non-retirement would have put things on hold, at least not for distance reasons. Had he retired, would he have come live in Pegasus with her? Would she refuse the posting on Hammond just so she could cuddle with him on the dock? Meh. They're adults and methinks they can deal with a long-distance relationship for awhile. Less mature people have done it successfully.
      Which is why even if i accept Sam/Jack (which given TPTB adamant and now futile ability to change anything is most likely) i'll be SAD for the characters, and not in a good "Aw, they're finally in love after such a long struggle", rather i'll be "Good god, why did they wait so long? Amanda Tapping was right, and kids are going to have to be produced using alien technology for the 2-3 months they spend together in a year!"
      Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
      Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
      Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

"... 2-3 months they spend together in a year!"
        Dude! That's a recipe for a successful, long-lasting marriage harmony right there. All the sex with no dirty socks, woot!

And come now, when were they going to have kids anyway, even if he retired. Not with all the wrongs to be righted in the galaxy for which they are personally responsible.
        you're so cute when you're slurring your speech but they're closing the bar and they want us to leave

"Religion is far more of a choice than homosexuality. And the protections that we have, for religion --we protect religion-- and talk about a lifestyle choice! That is absolutely a choice. Gay people don't choose to be gay. At what age did you choose not to be gay?" (Jon Stewart, The King of Common Sense)

Comment

Dude! That's a recipe for a successful, long-lasting marriage harmony right there. All the sex with no dirty socks, woot!

And come now, when were they going to have kids anyway, even if he retired. Not with all the wrongs to be righted in the galaxy for which they are personally responsible.
          The sad thing is, i'm a romantic at heart. I don't WANT a real relationship with someone that's just sex, i can get that without falling in love or commitment. If i want to commit to someone (which i don't) then it'll be because i WANT to spend the majority of my free time with her. It'll be because i have FUN with her beyond simple physical olympics.

It's teh Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free argument. If it's just sex they want, then why only with each other? Are they that obsessed and single minded? Don't they lock people up in padded rooms for stuff like that?
          Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"

Comment

The sad thing is, i'm a romantic at heart. I don't WANT a real relationship with someone that's just sex, i can get that without falling in love or commitment. If i want to commit to someone (which i don't) then it'll be because i WANT to spend the majority of my free time with her. It'll be because i have FUN with her beyond simple physical olympics.

It's teh Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free argument. If it's just sex they want, then why only with each other? Are they that obsessed and single minded? Don't they lock people up in padded rooms for stuff like that?
            You did not just take my comment seriously.

I thought you knew me better than that. *shakes head*

Comment

You did not just take my comment seriously.
              In a bad mood shoveling snow make my sarcasm angry

Also i get asked stuff like this alot :@ argh! lemme alone, i need some liquor. *goes off in quest for liquor cabinet key*

Comment

Having my S4 DVD in the player right now...

Keller: Thought so. Spill it.
                Carter: Well it's complicated
                Keller: Show me a relationship that isn't.
                Carter; Yeah well... he's in washington, i'm here.
                Keller: Long distance relationship huh?
                Carter: Yeah... he's going to retire soon so who knows?
                Keller: Really? Retire? So Older man huh?
                Carter: He's... not that much older...

it's pretty clear from Carter's intonation that she's on the defensive. which is why i think if they do eventually make the third movie, if they do add a Sam/Jack confirmation scene, it'll be them GETTING together, not already being together since season 9 (or at least till Trio)
                I love that everyone sees what they want (or don't want) to see.

I took entire conversation to mean that they're already together and that they can move on to another phase of their relationship after he retires. I certainly don't at all believe that they are waiting until he retires to get together. Too many little hints, whether or not one believes they're 'canon', were spread sporadically throughout the show and I don't believe there wasn't an intention to get them together after Threads.
                sigpic
                Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                  I took entire conversation to mean that they're already together and that they can move on to another phase of their relationship after he retires. I certainly don't at all believe that they are waiting until he retires to get together. Too many little hints, whether or not one believes they're 'canon', were spread sporadically throughout the show and I don't believe there wasn't an intention to get them together after Threads.
                  I cannot imagine either them waiting for him to retire to get together. I've interpreted that particular convo between Sam and Keller in a way that it is a long distance relationship Sam has with Jack, and because they cannot be together like majority of couples are on daily basis, it's "complicated" in that sense. Once he retires, perhaps then they can move under the same roof, for instance.

Comment

One of them should die, I still say Jack should accend but thats just me..

Comment

Originally posted by Trig View Post
                      One of them should die, I still say Jack should accend but thats just me..
                      Umm..why? I don't want anyone to die in this movie. I want my shipper confirmation and teamy ending!

Besides I recall reading somewhere that the writers were thinking of killing Sam off for the series finale back in season 6 or 7 (btw, can someone confirm it?) and if they didn't do it then, they won't now. Both Sam and Jack appear on SGU, and the film is supposed to be set before the events of SGU, so there ya go..

It's a little off topic, but why do you think Jack should ascend? I tend to think it would be totally OOC for him...feel free to PM if you like.
                      There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
                      sigpic
                      awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Well, we know Jack had the sex with Kerry and Laira and we know Sam had the sex with Pete (and some interpretations of Ascension point to some kind of ascended shenanigans with Orlin), so they're not that single minded and obsessed and will only sleep with each other. But hey, for a lot of people, sex without love (or at least some sort of feelings) is unfullfilling and emotionally draining and is just not worth it. Besides, if I were Sam Jack would be the only man I'd want in my bed.

Originally posted by Petra View Post
                        I don't want anyone to die in this movie. I want my shipper confirmation and teamy ending!
                        A bit edited, but me too! While I would like to see Jack and Sam together, all I want is my teaminess!

It's a little off topic, but why do you think Jack should ascend? I tend to think it would be totally OOC for him...feel free to PM if you like.
                        No, no, no. I could never see Jack ascended. It would be far to out of character for him to pull out of the fight when he's still needed. I'm done being off topic...for now....

Also, RE: whether they are or aren't in a relationship yet. I'd like to think they have an understanding. They both know where they stand feelings wise, and they both know that when the time is right, they can finally have it all. Where Romeo and Juliet sacrificed their responsibilites to be together, Jack and Sam have sacrificed their personal lives to put the program before themselves (very in character for Jack IMO). I don't think this show has always handled it particularly well, but that's a very grown up love story to me.

Either way, what I'm hoping for in this movie is for the debate to be put to bed. I wont be bothered however it goes down, but I will be bothered if it's not addressed.
                        Originally posted by Callista
                        Ahhh! Ashizuri can see into the future!!
                        Originally posted by HPMom
                        She saw the candle light as many things.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashizuri View Post
                          Well, we know Jack had the sex with Kerry and Laira and we know Sam had the sex with Pete (and some interpretations of Ascension point to some kind of ascended shenanigans with Orlin), so they're not that single minded and obsessed and will only sleep with each other. But hey, for a lot of people, sex without love (or at least some sort of feelings) is unfullfilling and emotionally draining and is just not worth it. Besides, if I were Sam Jack would be the only man I'd want in my bed.

No, no, no. I could never see Jack ascended. It would be far to out of character for him to pull out of the fight when he's still needed. Either way, what I'm hoping for in this movie is for the debate to be put to bed. I wont be bothered however it goes down, but I will be bothered if it's not addressed.
                          I liked the idea of Kerry, and yet where did it lead? Straight to Sam. It bothers me that evidently, everyone in the universe decided to grow up and tell Jack and Sam that they should just forget about the regs ALL at once. Laira and Orlin were quite a while back, Sam's relationship with Pete was fraught with problems and never going to work from the get-go given Pete's control freak ways. Kerry didn't seem preoccupied at all about losing Jack.

Basically my argument is that TPTB never pushed Jack/Sam's relationship and characters's beyond the capacity for an infatuation. Why didn't they use more "concrete" hints to confirm it through Season 9 instead of potentially misconstrued stuff. I bet they're LAUGHING given that they even decided to cut the infamous Trio scene out, and instead kept everything else.

My disappointment is two-fold, 1: I don't see a good potential relationship between them after season 4, and even then it's more a "Meh" thing for me. Psychoanalyses, Personality charts, please. Don't use pseudo science on fictional characters to excuse cheesy writing and events that couldn't be avoided in the story (like Jack and Sam not having a relationship until one of them leaves, leaving hte other to remain without the hassle of a relationship on-air)When a person wants someone else they go for it. John Hinkley JR shot Reagan because he figured Jodie Foster would be impressed. Love and infatuation override logic IMO.

2: Since TPTB are more convinced in Jack/Sam than they are of their own existence, why not confirm it? Why wait for potentially the LAST SG1 movie to come out? did they really see no way to have Sam as a character with that confirmation? Now it just reeks of Riker and Troi in Nemesis, and at least there it KINDA makes sense because both had multiple relationships with others, looked for potential love with others, instead of Sam being desperate and going to potato man Pete, the culmination of most of what is wrong with men, and Jack with Understanding kerry, who tells the "great" guy she has to go. Why go to all that trouble and then not even confirm it?

The pieces of this puzzle fit together too well, someone used scissors to make sure the pieces fit. This is all apart from my fan belief that they just don't mesh together well given what we've seen of their characters.

So like i've said, it's GOING to happen, it's GOING to sour the third movie if it ever gets made for me, t's NOT going to make any sense to me whatsoever, and finally it'll be the final nail in the coffin of this ship that should have come years ago, and instead feels more like an afterthougt of something long forgotten like "Oh crap! we forgot to conform Jack/Sam on screen! Let's just put a scene in that last movie and get back to whatever we're playing around with now."

That's low IMO. if it was so important, why not give it the focus it needs?

Comment

Originally posted by Tachyon View Post
                            I cannot imagine either them waiting for him to retire to get together. I've interpreted that particular convo between Sam and Keller in a way that it is a long distance relationship Sam has with Jack, and because they cannot be together like majority of couples are on daily basis, it's "complicated" in that sense. Once he retires, perhaps then they can move under the same roof, for instance.
                            that's how i interpreted it too. but i'd like 100 percent, no ambiguous and hinting, that they either are or aren't. ARE is my preference.
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

How could they prove once and for all they AREN'T and still make it a resolution? The shippers will still insist that it's just a matter of time and they should 'hurry up and get them together for crying out loud'. This is one of the many reason's I wish they'd kill SG-1 off.

Comment

anyone can think what he wants, but you will never convince me that Sam and Jack aren't together after Threads!
                                So, yes! I'd like to see them together in the 3rd movie
                                sigpic
                                My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Working...
                                X