This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Morrolan View Post
    Why are you even arguing it then? You said it was in the realm of possibility. It is not possible for the production team to release 4 quality feature length movies each year.
    Arguing what? That they could make 4 movies in a year? They could, but I never said they should.

There's not going to be money made on rushed releases every year simply to have 4 stargate dvds each year.
    They wouldn't need to be rushed.

Oh that's right. Just send the grip or the production assistant to the conventions and premieres. Of course they need the actors to promote the movies.
    Anyone who goes to a convention already knows about the movie, and premier? They're DVD movies! They don't need the actors that much, and even if they did, why would it be such an issue? Other than Amanda they're all free.

No, it's fact. Her delivery was very robotic and heavily edited.
    No, that's your opinion, you're the first person I've seen to comment on her acting being any different to that in the series.

Yes, it is my opinion of Continuum that is was no better than Moebius in scope.
    In my opinion it was a class above, but this is all subjective, there is no right answer.

No, they couldn't unless all parties involved had no other obligations and the studios and stages were available for at least 8 months out of the year.
    Why would they need 8 months? The shooting could be done in as little as 8 weeks if you shoot two at a time.

Financing is completely another issue, and no intelligent capitalist would fund 4 films a year given the low chance of return. There is also the third series to consider. While the financing is secured from different sources, it's still the same production company.
    Low chance of return? The movies are a cash cow, both of them have far exceeded what MGM predicted their sales would be.

Comment

Originally posted by eliteaceman View Post
      hmmm a movie is what 2 hours? which is basically 2 episodes... how longs it take to film 2 episodes?
      Dude. Series aren't shot episode-by-episode. Filming one day might use a certain set of actors, and certain sets, which are used in several distinct episodes.
      Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoletsi View Post
        Dude. Series aren't shot episode-by-episode. Filming one day might use a certain set of actors, and certain sets, which are used in several distinct episodes.
        Yes they are, well the Stargate series are anyway. Two episodes takes two weeks to film.

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
          I am sad the next sg-1 movie will( if it gets green lit) will film in 2009 but will be released in 2010? TPTB wanted to do 3 mabye 4 movies a year but it looks like they will only be doing only the atlantis movie next year. why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          Because life sucks! But its cool, just be glad that were getting more movies at all. The first two did well, and I for one am just glad that our adventures through the gate aren't dont quite yet.

Comment

Originally posted by MartianManhunter View Post
            Because life sucks! But its cool, just be glad that were getting more movies at all. The first two did well, and I for one am just glad that our adventures through the gate aren't dont quite yet.
            Indeed! something is better than nothin. in all fairness fans should feel lucky that the cast, crew and producers still carre enough and want to be involved with SG1. In most cases once a show ends thats it, everyone moves on to other things and dont look back even if the fans of that show want more. but in the case of stargate we have been lucky enough already to have 2 direct to dvds movies with a least one more to look forward to.

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
              Indeed! something is better than nothin. in all fairness fans should feel lucky that the cast, crew and producers still carre enough and want to be involved with SG1. In most cases once a show ends thats it, everyone moves on to other things and dont look back even if the fans of that show want more. but in the case of stargate we have been lucky enough already to have 2 direct to dvds movies with a least one more to look forward to.
              Yeah, we should feel lucky. These SG-1 movies are a gift, not something we are entitled to. I will cherish every one we are lucky enough to get.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by MartianManhunter View Post
                Amen to that, my friend.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                  Yeah, we should feel lucky. These SG-1 movies are a gift, not something we are entitled to. I will cherish every one we are lucky enough to get.
                  Oh, come on a gift??? TPTB make good money with them, they're not giving them for free!

Comment

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
                    Oh, come on a gift??? TPTB make good money with them, they're not giving them for free!
                    i think the point is that they dont have to make them at all.

Comment

I am sad the next sg-1 movie will( if it gets green lit) will film in 2009 but will be released in 2010? TPTB wanted to do 3 mabye 4 movies a year but it looks like they will only be doing only the atlantis movie next year. why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      Money.TPTB are probably feeling out the demand for such movies. If they prove to sell well, then they might ratchet up production. Remember that the show and movies based on the show are a commercial product and as such have to be economically viable.

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                        i think the point is that they dont have to make them at all.
                        Trust me, if they weren't very profitable we wouldn't see anymore movies...

Comment

Still, I thought they would at least tell us they are moving on and that stargate is no longer they're pritoriy(if it is true). They should at least tell us they were too ambitious and they will only make 1-2 movies a year. They owe us that.
                          Originally posted by editorguy View Post
                          No. No they don't.
                          True. They put out a product that the viewers enjoyed. Now they may or may not make more of that product. They don't OWE us anything. However, in the interests of not alienating portions of their potential audience, they should show some consideration and make some sort of announcement - if only to show that they are not taking that audience for granted.

Comment

My two cents is I do not see how one or two movies a year, one for each show, is beyond their powers to make if they are interested in making them for the future.

Comment

I agree with the above poster, one movie per series should not be that hard to do. I would imagine that filming would not take more than a three week period, which would be reasonable downtime during the standard hollywood filming season.

And as to the "owe us" argument, they owe us as much as they want to receive from us, the PAYING fans. That said, if they were not going to put time behind these movies, I would hope that at least someone would mention that they don't "have the time" to devote. Eh, w/e.

Comment

Since the so-called movies were really two part episodes strung together(they don't know how to make a proper 2 hour film) then it shouldn't really take all that long to do.
                                I always thought getting the cast together again would prove difficult and i think the days of the full SG-1 team are over.

Comment

Working...
                                X