Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've only seen a few episodes of Firefly, but even from that, I agree that it was a series tragically mistreated.

As for Morena Baccarin, I'm quite certain she could become even greater if she tries to move her career more mainstream. Her remarkable screen presence is undeniable giving her an A-list quality that few can lay claim to, so I'd hate to see her stuck in a rut with movies like Sands of Oblivion for the rest of her life.
    This time... it's war!

Comment

I wish to see a movie that involves real historical elements as the very first movie did with the Ancient Egyptian mythology, and as the series did with Asgard and other mythologies, including the FANTASTIC Arthurian one.

Now I think it's time to renew this 'mysticism', because often in the series we see references to some ancient mythology but with no enough 'emphasis'. I mean the mythologic, historical element -which was the characteristic that made me fall in love with the very first movie- has been pushed to the background, in favour of the sci-fi aspect of the series.

I wish to see a movie that involves some real event of our History, like the Mayan mythology or the Roswell stuff (there's a SG-1 novel about it, I wonder if it could work as a movie!), or Stonehenge or Easter Island, etc.

I'm a little bored with the sci-fi aspect, I'd like to see a return to the old misterious, adventurous stuff!

P.S.: excuse me for my imperfect English... I'm Italian
      An Italian Gater

Comment

Lorix, I totally agree!

I’d enjoy a movie that explores the Mayan empire / South American culture. Would really like to see something along the line of the Mayan calendar (as it does not go beyond 2012) – sort of a twist on history and present day speculation. There are some folks who speculate this to be the end of the world, so the writers could explore / exploit this – maybe the giants from Crystal Skull visited the future or just “knew” and it was somehow incorporated into the Mayan culture and maybe there’s some new villain or something that not only could destroy the world, but the entire universe?

I’d get my history, doomsday, and SG-1 fix all in one movie!

As for the questions ...

*What race would you want to see come back?
        The giants from Cyrstal Skull or the Ashen

*What guest appearance would you want?
        Daniel’s grandfather, RDA, Dr. Frazier, General Hammond, Foothold Aliens - just to name a few

*And if at the end of continuum an old enemy of SG-1 is alive. He/She was dead or not who would you want to see return? Specifically which Gou’ld System Lord (Bad Guy)?
        Apophis!!

Comment

will there be an atlantic movie.

they had a sg1 and bsg why not?

Comment

SG-1 got two movies, because the show was cancelled by SciFi, and everyone involved wanted to continue telling SG-1 stories.

There are no plans for an Atlantis movie since the show has been renewed for Season 5. Why make a movie when you can simply have a two or three-part episode?

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
              SG-1 got two movies, because the show was cancelled by SciFi, and everyone involved wanted to continue telling SG-1 stories.

There are no plans for an Atlantis movie since the show has been renewed for Season 5. Why make a movie when you can simply have a two or three-part episode?
              Or they could do in the future, like when the season 5 well end or season 6. Who knows? Enything is possible.
              I loved The Last Man, in my opinion, it has been the greatest episod from the holl SGA searies.
              The enemy of my enemy it's still my enemy.
              Spoiler:
              Originally posted by Karhedron
              I think the thing with the Quantum mirror and The 6th Race would rather result in a thread like

Whoever made the Quantum mirror doesn't like the Asgard .

Whoever made the Quantum mirror doesn't seem to have a lot of respect for the Asgard. They were just making it so they could snub their noses at them from several dimensions. They might have been powerful but their lack of respect for our off-world allies is astonishing.

http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/7...3095364gi3.png

Comment

I have my doubts that SGA will last ten seasons, but anything's possible. I wouldn't mind seeing one or two after the show ends, but that'll be years away.
                This time... it's war!

Comment

Hopefully these 2 movies do really well on DVD. We may get a couple more movies out of it.

Any news of if the produces have discussed this possibility?

PS: It was funny to hear swearing in Stargate, both of them from Cam as well! lol
                  Last edited by HarSins; 08 March 2008, 11:13 PM.

Comment

if it were up to me, thered be 20-22 movies each year for the next 10 yrs and theyd each be 44 min long
                    ..not even moros/meirden/merlin nor the rest of the ancients, could find a cure... for male pattern baldness!

What?.. Its a ship that goes through the gate.

...Or it could mean a piece of our leg...

In the middle of my backswing!?

That function is not possible

However, I must admit that I am partial to the tater tots.

Comment

andd for there to be more... bite the bullet and shell out the $20 for the dvd... i bought mine and am refusing to dl it and am waiting for it to arrive in the mail b4 i see it on dvd- thats whatll get more movies
                      ..not even moros/meirden/merlin nor the rest of the ancients, could find a cure... for male pattern baldness!

What?.. Its a ship that goes through the gate.

...Or it could mean a piece of our leg...

In the middle of my backswing!?

That function is not possible

However, I must admit that I am partial to the tater tots.

Comment

Originally posted by HarSins View Post
                        Hopefully these 2 movies do really well on DVD. We may get a couple more movies out of it.

Any news of if the produces have discussed this possibility?

PS: It was funny to hear swearing in Stargate, both of them from Cam as well! lol
                        Brad Wright has already pitched a third movie to MGM, all we know about it is that he wanted one of the characters to be an OP-CORE character.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                          Brad Wright has already pitched a third movie to MGM, all we know about it is that he wanted one of the characters to be an OP-CORE character.
                          I'm really sorry. I sometimes don't understand some expressions. What does the bold part mean?
                          sigpic

Comment

The OP-Core are a group of humans from Stargate: Worlds. They're made up of the worst of the worst of the NID and SGC, they were kept in a Goa'uld fortress the SGC converted into a prison but they broke out and made the prison their base of operations. They're a bit like the rogue NID in that they steal alien technology for the purposes of protecting Earth using 'morally dubious' means.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                              The OP-Core are a group of humans from Stargate: Worlds. They're made up of the worst of the worst of the NID and SGC, they were kept in a Goa'uld fortress the SGC converted into a prison but they broke out and made the prison their base of operations. They're a bit like the rogue NID in that they steal alien technology for the purposes of protecting Earth using 'morally dubious' means.
                              OK, got it now. Thanks.
                              sigpic

Comment

Interesting what you are saying jenks. There are more news about the third series, Stargate Universe ???
                                The enemy of my enemy it's still my enemy.
                                Spoiler:
                                Originally posted by Karhedron
                                I think the thing with the Quantum mirror and The 6th Race would rather result in a thread like

Whoever made the Quantum mirror doesn't like the Asgard .

Whoever made the Quantum mirror doesn't seem to have a lot of respect for the Asgard. They were just making it so they could snub their noses at them from several dimensions. They might have been powerful but their lack of respect for our off-world allies is astonishing.

http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/7...3095364gi3.png

Comment

Working...
                                X