This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
    Dropping out? "Continuum" is the first incarnation of the franchise in 3 YEARS that has the entire REAL cast of SG-1!
    Hey, Ben Browder, Claudia Black and Beau Bridges are as REAL cast of SG-1 as anybody else before them!!!!

Comment

What if they say, if you pre-order the third movie for 30 $, than 5 $ will be given to the movie and the fans will get automatically the DVD. So if we can get 1 million order around the globe (USA, UK, Germany, France and Canada), than they will have 5 million budget for the new movie and MGM doesn't risk anything, but they will have a nice profit from the last 25 $. I know this won't happen, but if they want to find out something new, than this could be a new way to support the franchise. They could plan easily their DVD movie, because they will know how many will be sold for sure. The fans couldn't decide what will the movie tell, because it would be similar to a pig in poke.
      Last edited by Platschu; 08 January 2008, 11:09 PM.
      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

if they would hold something like the pre order funding the movie theni would be down for that. it would all depend if the movie had all of the cast of SG-1 and that no one could have quit during the movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
          What if they say, if you pre-order the third movie for 30 $, than 5 $ will be given to the movie and the fans will get automatically the DVD. So if we can get 1 million order around the globe (USA. UK, Germany, France, England and Canada fans together), than they will have 5 million budget for the new movie and MGM doesn't risk anything, but they will have a nice profit from the last 25 $. I know this won't happen, but if they want to find out something new, than this could be a new way to support the franchise. They could plan easily their DVD movie, because they will know how many will be sold for sure. The fans couldn't decide what will the movie tell, because it would be similar to a pig in poke.
          Hmmm...

Comment

Oops. Sorry. I edited.
            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Well, simple math says that if 350,000 people buy the movie at $20, they will have made back the 7 million spent on the movie itself. Not a whole lot when you think about it.
              "To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment."
              -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Originally posted by Duckey View Post
                Well, simple math says that if 350,000 people buy the movie at $20, they will have made back the 7 million spent on the movie itself. Not a whole lot when you think about it.
                But you forget about people renting the movie , as well as Downloadable movies .

Downloadable movies at this point doesn't make allot of money , but what ever they make off of it is good . Even a few thousand Downloads is good .

Blockbusters , and other stories will need a big supply of the movies for at least the first week . at least for them to make sure they have it in stock . Witch would mean at the least 15 to 20 of them to even some place up to 50 .

Then you have the got to have people , Those are the people that are at the store ever tuesday to buy what ever new movie that comes out .

In all i could see MGM sale in the first week alone , a good 500 thousand to 1 million of . Then you have the SciFi premier showing of it , witch should get the movie a little more popular and would sale a few thousand at the point . Then they also market for future sales , with means that they put some money aside for future time to bring out more later on . but that time they could make a pretty good profit off the movie .

Comment

Yes. End of.

Comment

Scifi would never show the movie since they didn't pay for it and probably don't care about it, not to mention the merciless editing that the movie would be put through if it ever aired on TV.

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by Duckey View Post
                      Hmmm, maybe if the movie was free to produce and distribute

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                        Hmmm, maybe if the movie was free to produce and distribute
                        In a perfect world without capitolism. Maybe we should convert Bill Gates to a massive stargate fan so he pays for loads more movies to be made.
                        Best quotes ever:
                        O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
                        Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
                        Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
                        Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
                        Thor:I like the yellow ones
                        O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

Working...
                        X