Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am very confident, that at some point, we will at least get a third movie. I'm hoping for more than that, but I'll worry about that one first.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I don't think it would hurt to cross our fingers for a third movie Jonas-style just in case, though.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
        I am very confident, that at some point, we will at least get a third movie. I'm hoping for more than that, but I'll worry about that one first.
        I am confident about a third movie too.

Comment

I am sure that everyone that has an account to this website, seen all ten seasons along with Atlantis, and just vist's this web page would want to see more than two movies and that the show continue to go as long as Atlantis keeps going and when Stargate Universe is finally airing; on the other hand, there is alot of obstacles to consider the writers stike is the main one, but it is going to be up to the sales of the movies to see what happens. In the end it is all about POPULARITY and MONEY.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
            http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/blog/?p=1035

There isn't much information, but it sounds as if MGM are interested, but can't move forward because of the writers strike.
            Originally posted by Serebii View Post
            That and the WGA strike as Rob Cooper & Brad Wright are members of it
            I don't mean to offend anyone but why can't they have Joe Mallozzi write the 3rd movie then? He's written for SG-1 many times and personally, I love his writing work for both shows.

Vala,

Comment

They could I suppose, but he's probably too busy being show runner and writing for Atlantis.

Comment

Joseph Malozzi is an excellent writter since Cooper worte the first movie and Wright is writting the second movie it is possible that another director could do the next movie if offered.

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
                  I don't mean to offend anyone but why can't they have Joe Mallozzi write the 3rd movie then? He's written for SG-1 many times and personally, I love his writing work for both shows.
                  But with the SAG actors also likely to go out by June even if Mallozzi or one of the other Canadians wrote it they wouldn't have any one to act in it - Browder, Shanks, Judge, Beau Bridges and RDA are all SAG members and possibly even Claudia Black as she is currently based and working in LA. Can't really see Carter and Chevron guy carrying a movie on their own...

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis21 View Post
                    Wait are you talking about a fouth series along with the third the cooper and wright have planned for sci fi channel
                    No im talking about the one they are planning for the SciFi Series . MGM and SciFi have not talked out a deal , They have not casted any actors or anything as well . So see that there really isn't anything going on with this 3rd series . MGM could take they money from the first two movies and run with it and go ahead with the 3rd series over a 3rd movie .

Comment

what makes you think that all of the actors are not interested in making more SG-1 movies? What makes you think they are going to quit?

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis21 View Post
                        Joseph Malozzi is an excellent writter since Cooper worte the first movie and Wright is writting the second movie it is possible that another director could do the next movie if offered.
                        i think peter deluise would good for director the 3rd movie
                        sigpic
                        Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
                        Metal gear fan

Comment

As much as I hope to see lots and lots of SG-1 movies, I hope it all will end before going completely down. Just like S10. It wasn't the best season, but I enjoyed it. I have high hopes for "AoT" and "Continuum". I'd like to know 3rd movie's idea.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                            I hope we will get 4th and 5th movie too, but the AoT has to be successful and the strike should end at least until May to get the third movie in this year.
                            I think the movie will be shot in 2009 and be available in December for Christmas or 2010. (this strike will probably last well into the summer)...
                            Last edited by silkie; 08 January 2008, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                              I hope we will get 4th and 5th movie too, but the AoT has to be successful and the strike should end at least until May to get the third movie in this year.
                              It probably will. It sucks big times, but it's still going to work. Like some ollywood crap.
                              But if it's to get more underwhelming ends, deus ex machinas and time travel twists... *yawn*.
                              Next plot: alternate dimension. Because we all love them.

I wonder why they can't simply make a sort of stand alone episode, but with some movie budget.

I remember that some of my favorite Trek movies have little to do with the overall series' plot. In fact, two movies were their own arc.
                              The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

direct to dvd is one of the most profitable ways to get a movie out. Doesn't even matter if the movie sucks--it's highly profitable. The manufacturing cost of the disk are pennies a piece.

There has been a continuing trend for over a decade in the US and other countries abroad. The movie theater has been losing customers to DVD sales.

No matter how much I or you may or may not like AoT, with the media revolution we are currently in, I would expect to not only see a 3rd movie but also more to follow that one.

Fans love sequels...always have. So, I would also expect to not only see SG-1 continue in DVD movies but also see SGA take that same route.

I would not be a bit surprised if talks between MGM and Skiffy fell through for the next show--Universe--and that ends up as a DVD series as well.

DVD's are just profitable. How many posters here have complete box sets of a tv show you have seen broadcast? Probably a good 80 percent and that's conservative IMO. TPTB will making money with DVD's and box sets for rest of their lives--MGM will be turning a profit from the Stargate Franchise for decades.

No question about it--even if the movies suck royally, they will sell and make a profit!
                                Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Working...
                                X