Stargate: The Original Movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Major Tyler View Post
    This thread is for discussion of the original "Stargate" movie.
    S'ry, you're a bit late sir.
    The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

About one scene in the Editor's cut version....

I don't really like the scene when the team is in the village on Abydos, and the storm is coming.. The locals are closing the big doors to protect the village. And the earth team gets scared, and start shooting people...
      That's too bad for the poor Abydosians..

Comment

They don't shoot anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Ebeneezer_Goode View Post
          They don't shoot anyone.
          oops, many apologies....
          It was too quick for my eyes.
          They shoot the ground only. Now I'm happy! Thank you for clearing that dark point...

Comment

Could someone post some pics of the fossilised jaffa because i cant find them anywhere.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by qmwneb View Post
              Could someone post some pics of the fossilised jaffa because i cant find them anywhere.

Thanks
              There wasn't any fossilised jaffa in the original movie, as far as I know.
              They mentioned it in the pilot of the series, if I remember well, but that was just invented to link the series with the movie.

Comment

Apparently in the Stargate: Ultimate Edition Extended Cut DVD release there is a scene revealing the fossilized remains of a Jackal Guard and a Horus Guard found beneath the Stargate in Egypt. Colonel O'Neil contemplates the implications of the fossils shortly before he leaves on the mission to Abydos.

Comment

Apparently in the Stargate: Ultimate Edition Extended Cut DVD release there is a scene revealing the fossilized remains of a Jackal Guard and a Horus Guard found beneath the Stargate in Egypt. Colonel O'Neil contemplates the implications of the fossils shortly before he leaves on the mission to Abydos.
                  ooohhh! now that you say it... it's true! on the Director's cut edition. (I've seen this one less than the original cut)...

For your enjoyment, I've captured these from my DVD:

Egypt, 1928:

Spoiler:

USA, 1994:

Spoiler:

Comment

Thanks Arga, you're the best!

Comment

Thanks Arga, you're the best!
                      You're welcome! Pleasure.

And welcome to Gateworld! Nice start, post in the thread of the origins of Stargate..

Comment

Originally posted by Arga View Post
                        ooohhh! now that you say it... it's true! on the Director's cut edition. (I've seen this one less than the original cut)...

For your enjoyment, I've captured these from my DVD:

Egypt, 1928:

Spoiler:

USA, 1994:

Spoiler:

I feel like an absolute geek for nitpicking this, but it wasn't 1994, it was 1996. In the movie, they never say the year. After the transition from 1928 to the present, the subtitle says "Present Day". It came out in 1994, but then SG-1 came out in 1997, and took place one year after the movie. The movie has to take place in 1996, and this works because luckily, they chose to call the original movie "Present Day".

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

Originally posted by Ganthet Jr. View Post
                          I feel like an absolute geek for nitpicking this, but it wasn't 1994, it was 1996. In the movie, they never say the year. After the transition from 1928 to the present, the subtitle says "Present Day". It came out in 1994, but then SG-1 came out in 1997, and took place one year after the movie. The movie has to take place in 1996, and this works because luckily, they chose to call the original movie "Present Day".
                          Yes you're right. When we consider SG1 as the continuation of the original movie, it must be in 1996. (and 1994 must be when they started to try to decipher the glyphs, because general West said something like "So you think you've solved in 14 days what they couldn't solve in 2 years?"). I was almost going to write 'Present day' on my post, but since we're in 2008 it would have been weird...

If Dean Devlin & Roland Emmerich were in this forum, I bet they'd say "no no no, it took place in 1994! SG-1 is wrong!"
                          Last edited by Arga; 02 February 2008, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ganthet Jr. View Post
                            The movie took place in 1994, the events of the movie in the SG-1 universe however, took place in 1996.

Comment

Yes you're right. When we consider SG1 as the continuation of the original movie, it must be in 1996. (and 1994 must be when they started to try to deciphey the glyphs, because general West said something like "So you think you've solved in 14 days what they couldn't solve in 2 years?"). I was almost going to write 'Present day' on my post, but since we're in 2008 it would have been weird...

If Dean Devlin & Roland Emmerich were in this forum, I bet they'd say "no no no, it took place in 1994! SG-1 is wrong!"

Heh, yeah. Sucks for those two though, because someone else got to continuing it first :-D! I'm not ashamed to say that I'm glad they did.

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

Yes you're right. When we consider SG1 as the continuation of the original movie, it must be in 1996. (and 1994 must be when they started to try to decipher the glyphs, because general West said something like "So you think you've solved in 14 days what they couldn't solve in 2 years?"). I was almost going to write 'Present day' on my post, but since we're in 2008 it would have been weird...

No, they wouldn't. They'd just say it's not the same continuity.
                                The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Working...
                                X