Stargate: The Original Movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JediTrilobite
    I don't know if this has been asked before, but how would a Special Edition work out? Something that maybe included a shot of a DHD or something to better fit continuity?
    I think the Director's Cut is the closest to 'Special' we'll get. And Devlin/Emmerich will never alter the movie to bring it more in line with the established series universe, you can be darn sure of that...
    Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
      Okay, when Daniel found Earth's gate address in the caves, he had all but the last symbol, and proclaimed that he could not get the gate to work without the last symbol. My question is, if the only symbol that they didn't know was the last one, why didn't they just try every remaining symbol until they got a lock? There would only be 25 or so symbols left, assuming symbols never repeat (which they don't). I'm surprised I haven't thought of it before.
      At the time their knowlege of the gate wasn't that great, they were woried that if they entered the wroung symbol that they would end up in outterspace somewhere and not on earth, In the Directors cut they show some extra seens about trying to guess the gate address needed to get home.

Comment

Originally posted by *RA
        At the time their knowlege of the gate wasn't that great, they were woried that if they entered the wroung symbol that they would end up in outterspace somewhere and not on earth, In the Directors cut they show some extra seens about trying to guess the gate address needed to get home.
        And playing around with unknown technology at random wouldn't have seemed like a terribly good idea.... especially an unknown technology they had a faulty understanding of.

Comment

Very true
          A Quick Word from the Far Side of the Galaxy

Comment

daniel may have figured out the address, but sam was the one the knew the most about the gate, and she wasn't on that mission.

Comment

At the time of the film, Sam didn't exist though
              "Someday, men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century." - Jack the Ripper

Comment

But she says in the show, that she had been working on it for before daniel came along, Shes the one who programmed the dialing computer I bileave.

Comment

She is indeed the one who came up with the dialling computer.....for the show. Where it came from in the film, I haven't a clue. They never really said.
                  "Someday, men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century." - Jack the Ripper

Comment

i wouldn't be surprised if Sam was working at Area 51 when Daniel was brought in.
                    spook

Comment

Originally posted by sshspooky
                      i wouldn't be surprised if Sam was working at Area 51 when Daniel was brought in.
                      Or that she'd been assigned to some other top secret defense project. Could easily see her getting sucked into national ballistic missile defense research.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                        And playing around with unknown technology at random wouldn't have seemed like a terribly good idea.... especially an unknown technology they had a faulty understanding of.
                        You have to remember that they were really only interested in the Stargate because they thought it was a weapon. I suppose after Ernest went through, they may have had some clue, but all the records from that expirement were sealed off. By the time the movie came around, we can assume they didn't know about it.
                        Tripudire est irritus
                        Jumping is useless

Nu ani Lunatas
                        We are the Mooninites

Comment

Originally posted by *RA

I have the DC, I've read the book (which is close to that) and I dont remember that.....
                          sigpic
                          Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
                            I have the DC, I've read the book (which is close to that) and I dont remember that.....
                            You dont remeber when the guy from third rock, asked about it before ra showd up, Its an extra seen i think. One of the guys answers with something to that regard.

EDIT: Just went back and watched it, the guy from third rock says " we could turn the the thing the wroung order and materilze in the vacum of space."
                            It's right after the seen with D & S drawing in dirt, In the DC version.
                            Last edited by *RA; 10 October 2004, 01:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by omnian
                              She is indeed the one who came up with the dialling computer.....for the show. Where it came from in the film, I haven't a clue. They never really said.
                              she says in the show, she was working on the stagate before the first abydos mission, but did not get to go on that mission. Proubally something about being a girl.

Comment

Finally, a place to discuss original Stargate movie.

I don't know about you, but I saw all eps of series before seeing the movie.
                                It never troubled me. Not even watching the pilot. Wanted to see it for just to know how did it all actually begin.
                                Well, I was little disappointed. I thought the focus would be on the gate. And opening not so easy.
                                Some differences between series and movie are understandable, and it was amazing to see, how one movie's little details I enjoyed for 10 season of series.
                                For example staff weapons, gliders, hand device, rings. Ah, it was... cool.

Now talking about it, I'd like to watch it again.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X