This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
    And frankly, what about Stargate DOESN'T piss off a portion of the fanbase?

Let's make a really clever plot decision and ascend Daniel! - fans pissed off.
    Let's bring Daniel back. - fans pissed off.
    Let's put Carter in charge of SG-1. - fans pissed off.
    Let's remove Carter from command of SG-1 and put Mitchell in charge. - fans pissed off.
    Let's introduce Vala. - fans pissed off.
    Let's have a new General. - fans pissed off.
    Let's introduce a new enemy - fans pissed off.
    Let's end this new enemy quickly. - fans pissed off.
    Let's make season 9 & 10. - fans pissed off.
    Let's cancel season 9 & 10. - fans pissed off.
    Let's kill Doctor Frasier. - fans pissed off.
    Let's remove Ford - fans pissed off.
    Let's kill Beckett. - fans pissed off.
    Let's bring Beckett back. - fans pissed off.
    Let's bring O'Neill to Atlantis for a two parter. - fans pissed off.
    Let's replace Weir with Carter. - fans pissed off.
    Let's introduce Ronan. - fans pissed off.
    Let's give Ronan no development. - fans pissed off.
    Let's bring the replicators back. - fans pissed off.

What ISN'T a portion of the fanbase pissed off about?
    That Teal'c isn't dead?
    Such a shame that I wouldn't know by now your revelations
    Cut me in, I don't wanna live without your revelations.
    -Audioslave

Comment

Bump.

Because the search function is hidden.
      The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

it's NOT Devlin's sequel, it would be ROLAND EMMERICH's sequel.

Emmerich wrote the concept of Stargate when he was in college in the early 70s, and presented it to collegue and friend Dean Devlin, he liked it, so they co-wrote the Stargate that was made in 94.

Roland Emmerich directed & co-wrote it, Devlin just co-wrote. everyone gives all the credit to Devlin and none to Emmerich

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
          I'm sure that there are fans that would like to see the movie trilogy completed but twelve years is a long time between movies, and for most of those twelve years, people have been watching the TV series. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of those people were more interested in the SG-1 storyline and characters - look at this forum, for example. What would you say we talk about more; the movie or the TV series?

It may be very difficult to go back, after all this time. The Stargate story has moved on from the movie. We've watched SG-1 and its characters evolve over ten seasons. We saw what happened to Jack, to Daniel, to Sha're, to Skaara, even to Abydos itself. We've learned the history of the gate builders, we've seen the defeat of Ra's race. I can't speak for everybody, of course, but personally I would find it both strange and unsatisfying to see the clock reset and to be told "actually, this is what really happened to Jack, Daniel, etc."

As far as both the Devlin movies and the SG-1 movies+any future projects being able to coexist, I don't see why MGM would want to risk even the possibility that the Devlin movies could hurt the prospects of the SG-1 movies, Atlantis or any future series, not when they have done quite well out of the Stargate franchise so far.

Why take a chance if they're already making their money out of SG-1, Atlantis and the merchandise for both shows?
          I complete agree with you ReganX. Also, an MGM exec recently said in an interview that MGM considers the SG shows their most important franchise, and is to Television what their James Bond franchise is to films. I agree with you on the continuity as well. One of the great things about Stargate SG-1 and SGA is the great continuity. To willingly mess up the canon is silly. I personally don't want to see Stargate become the next Highlander (multiple continuities, none really making any sense). IMHO, the SG movie was good (I saw it in the Theatre and bought the VHS and DVD), but SG-1 has gone worlds beyond what the movie ever achieved. The stories are better and the characters richer. No offense to the movie, but there is a reason why SG-1 is one of the most popular Sci-Fi franchises worldwide.

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
            And frankly, what about Stargate DOESN'T piss off a portion of the fanbase?

Let's make a really clever plot decision and ascend Daniel! - fans pissed off.
            Let's bring Daniel back. - fans pissed off.
            Let's put Carter in charge of SG-1. - fans pissed off.
            Let's remove Carter from command of SG-1 and put Mitchell in charge. - fans pissed off.
            Let's introduce Vala. - fans pissed off.
            Let's have a new General. - fans pissed off.
            Let's introduce a new enemy - fans pissed off.
            Let's end this new enemy quickly. - fans pissed off.
            Let's make season 9 & 10. - fans pissed off.
            Let's cancel season 9 & 10. - fans pissed off.
            Let's kill Doctor Frasier. - fans pissed off.
            Let's remove Ford - fans pissed off.
            Let's kill Beckett. - fans pissed off.
            Let's bring Beckett back. - fans pissed off.
            Let's bring O'Neill to Atlantis for a two parter. - fans pissed off.
            Let's replace Weir with Carter. - fans pissed off.
            Let's introduce Ronan. - fans pissed off.
            Let's give Ronan no development. - fans pissed off.
            Let's bring the replicators back. - fans pissed off.

What ISN'T a portion of the fanbase pissed off about?
            I know it's an old post and aside from the fact that you forgot about Jonas, I gotta say, you hit the nail on the head. No matter what happens, one half of the fans will always complain about an issue and the other half on the other side of the issue.

Anyway, I agree all the way with ReganX and DanJack. In the past, when I just saw the original movie and before SG-1 started, I would've loved to see them make a 'true sequel' in the same spirit, but now... Because of the enormous success of SG-1 and Atlantis, the franchise has gone past the point of no return. It would indeed be very strange to suddenly 're-boot' the franchise and confuse tons of fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Sokar_The_Wraith View Post
              it's NOT Devlin's sequel, it would be ROLAND EMMERICH's sequel.

Emmerich wrote the concept of Stargate when he was in college in the early 70s, and presented it to collegue and friend Dean Devlin, he liked it, so they co-wrote the Stargate that was made in 94.

Roland Emmerich directed & co-wrote it, Devlin just co-wrote. everyone gives all the credit to Devlin and none to Emmerich
              No, but for those who follow, only Devlin manifested the wish to make the sequels thus far, so it's Devlin's sequels, until further notice.
              The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Working...
              X