Third SG-1 movie ("Stargate Revolution") Ship Free hopes/speculation/ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeff O'Connor View Post
    While I'm certainly looking forward to this installment, and I enjoy the idea of a more old-fashioned romp, I hope Brad Wright gets over that between the third and fourth telefilms, because I get the idea he wasn't as much of a fan of the latter seasons, but... I was. The idea that Vala wouldn't even be in this one had better hold some kind of creative excuse, or it will just feel beyond stupid to me. She was a member of the team full-time by the end of the series run, so..?

Where exactly would she be? I can't really picture her running off to the Ori home galaxy and hanging out with Tomin for the entire two hours.
    While I do like Vala, I really don't see any problem with her not being in the next movie. Maybe she's off somewhere with Ba'al's surviving host, helping him recover from all those years of being a prisoner in his own body and learning to live without a permanent thing in his head controlling him all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
      While I do like Vala, I really don't see any problem with her not being in the next movie. Maybe she's off somewhere with Ba'al's surviving host, helping him recover from all those years of being a prisoner in his own body and learning to live without a permanent thing in his head controlling him all the time.
      I agree with you. I like Vala, but I don't think the movie will be missing something if she isn't in it. I also like your theory.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
        Not to stir up hopes or anything, but there was a post on another thread here saying that MGM has gotten its finances together or gotten the funding to make more movies. I asked for a source for that information, and all the person posting would say was that they got the info on another forum. So I'm not getting my hopes up. I'd rather see that information from an official source. It was just interesting to see that post in the last day or so, and now we are hearing the title for the next movie.
        If one of the movies is The Hobbit then don't get your hopes up. MGM had a throwdown with their creditors/whatever a while back to get that funding as a special case.
        -

Comment

Hmmm Revolution. So specific and yet too generic to glean any plot info.

I like it as a title. Let's just hope this and Extinction actually get made for cryin' out loud!

Perfecto!

Comment

But they should film them before SG:U season 2, but it seems it won't happen in the next weeks...
            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
              If one of the movies is The Hobbit then don't get your hopes up. MGM had a throwdown with their creditors/whatever a while back to get that funding as a special case.
              Actually, though I do hope MGM gets its financing back in good shape, the only movie I'm interested in them making is the next SG1 movie and hopefully the SGA movie.

Comment

If the new telefilm is supposed to be Mitchell-light (I heard that... somewhere) and Vala-nonexistent, then it could be them getting the original team back together by means of none of them actually being on the 'team' anymore.
                Yeah I have the feeling that SG-1 (Mitchell possibly Vala, and two other n00bs) will be off world on a separate mission. And then the original four reunite for some other reason. Maybe Jack and Daniel go on board the Hammond to negotiate some treaty with the FJN, and that's how they all end up together.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                  But they should film them before SG:U season 2, but it seems it won't happen in the next weeks...
                  If they've already been in pre-production on Revolution (and I think they have), then they can easily make a Dec/Jan shoot date and squeeze it in during SGU's hiatus.
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                    If they've already been in pre-production on Revolution (and I think they have), then they can easily make a Dec/Jan shoot date and squeeze it in during SGU's hiatus.
                    December may not be easy. Martin & Amanda are still heavily involved in post production of Sanctuary and are only today doing the final mix of 208, so still 5 more eps in the pipeline.
                    -

Comment

December may not be easy. Martin & Amanda are still heavily involved in post production of Sanctuary and are only today doing the final mix of 208, so still 5 more eps in the pipeline.
                      Well, they moved up their postproduction schedule for a reason, maybe this is it?

Comment

Originally posted by VSS View Post
                        Well, they moved up their postproduction schedule for a reason, maybe this is it?
                        No, their post production schedule has always been like this - one episode has approximately a 29-30 week lag time from start to finish.

Meanwhile over at MGM - it may be up for sale real soon http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...1&ref=vertfilm
                        -

Comment

No, their post production schedule has always been like this - one episode has approximately a 29-30 week lag time from start to finish.

Meanwhile over at MGM - it may be up for sale real soon http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...1&ref=vertfilm
                          I was sure I'd heard a rumor that they'd moved it up and that led to AT canceling some appearances. A con in Australia, I believe.

Edit: Armageddon, Melbourne. That's the one.
                          Last edited by VSS; 12 November 2009, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Well since the third SG-1 movie has been green lit so long ago. When are they going to make them I mean I was unde the impression that MGM had already said that they were going the make the Atlantis movie. Does anyone have a clue when that might be?

Comment

Originally posted by VSS View Post
                              Well, yeah, we shippers think it ought to be called Stargate: Resolution.
                              That'd be facetious.
                              and a dream come true...without Vala in it, a confirmation is the only reason I will watch it.

Originally posted by jdjunkie View Post
                              In a way, they can't let sleeping dogs lie because they're constantly being asked questions about the puported movie. Would it look more suspicious if they ignored the questions and said nothing at all? Also, the actors are asked at every con, and their answers prompt more questions .... and round and round we go, getting, um, nowhere.

I'm thinking they can't say, "Sorry, guys, the movie's off," because it will possibly see a lot of SG-1-centric folks like me severing all meaningful ties with the franchise. My interest in SG:U is now limited to the LOL-worthy antics of certain PTB and shaking my head at the epic fail of the scriptwriters.

TPTB are masters at stringing folk along. I don't think I need to tell you that.

I dunno. Maybe I'm just tired and cynical, but, really, my hopes for this movie are receding by the day, especially given the latest news about MGM's status.

For once, I hope I'm proved wrong, and I'll take any extra optimism you have to spare.
                              yep I have long said they will never give us a definite no....with the possible sale of mgm, I think the two stargate movies are going to "fade to black".....

While I'm certainly looking forward to this installment, and I enjoy the idea of a more old-fashioned romp, I hope Brad Wright gets over that between the third and fourth telefilms, because I get the idea he wasn't as much of a fan of the latter seasons, but... I was. The idea that Vala wouldn't even be in this one had better hold some kind of creative excuse, or it will just feel beyond stupid to me. She was a member of the team full-time by the end of the series run, so..?

Where exactly would she be? I can't really picture her running off to the Ori home galaxy and hanging out with Tomin for the entire two hours.

Either way, it's a good thing that we've received the working title, I think. Like has been posted before, I think it means MGM is closer to making some kind of decision on the timing. Joe could have answered that sort of question a long time ago, and I can't imagine Brad *just* now got around to telling him.
                              yep no Vala stinks and is not an incentive to watch the movie. I want a real good (not she's back to being a thief) reason why she is not there.

after MGM's horrible remake of Fame, I feel their ability to make a quality movie is long gone.

Comment

If the new telefilm is supposed to be Mitchell-light (I heard that... somewhere) and Vala-nonexistent, then it could be them getting the original team back together by means of none of them actually being on the 'team' anymore.
                                The team doesn't have to be put together at all, they just need a scenario where the people they need for the plot are in the same place when events occur

Yeah I have the feeling that SG-1 (Mitchell possibly Vala, and two other n00bs) will be off world on a separate mission. And then the original four reunite for some other reason. Maybe Jack and Daniel go on board the Hammond to negotiate some treaty with the FJN, and that's how they all end up together.
                                I think this is pretty likely, and I don't have a problem with it. The movies are short as it it, by necessity of making them showable on television. Squeezing characters in just to show their faces when it doesn't further the plot takes away scenes that will be more meaningful, as well as being an avoidable expense to a very small budget.

yep no Vala stinks and is not an incentive to watch the movie. I want a real good (not she's back to being a thief) reason why she is not there
                                Well, that's just rudely antagonistic. You know she has fans. Do you really need to flip them the bird to make your point?

Comment

Working...
                                X