Third SG-1 movie ("Stargate Revolution") Ship Free hopes/speculation/ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
    It's not like Joe to throw out a joke that is so...subtle. Heh.

If he wants to be facetious, then it'll be fairly obvious. And hilarious.
    Well, yeah, we shippers think it ought to be called Stargate: Resolution.
    That'd be facetious.

Comment

Originally posted by VSS View Post
      I knew it! Something is going to happen.
      I don't think he's pulling our legs- it would be poor timing. Considering their PR gaffes over the last few months it'd be extremely poor form to jerk around fans of the older shows, IMHO. I don't think they'd suddenly name something that wasn't going to be filmed when up to this point it's been the "untitled SG-1 movie".
      I like your optimism but I don't think giving us the title brings the movie an inch closer to reality.

I'm sure it's always had a title, working or otherwise. I'm equally sure that telling us means squat. The SGA movie has long had a title and that's even further away from being made than the SG-1 movie.

I like Stargate: Revolution. It's intriguing. Stargate: Resolution would have me reaching for the barf-bag and running for the hills ... possibly all at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by jdjunkie View Post
        I like your optimism but I don't think giving us the title brings the movie an inch closer to reality.

I'm sure it's always had a title, working or otherwise. I'm equally sure that telling us means squat. The SGA movie has long had a title and that's even further away from being made than the SG-1 movie.

I like Stargate: Revolution. It's intriguing. Stargate: Resolution would have me reaching for the barf-bag and running for the hills ... possibly all at the same time.
        Well, of course. That's why it's facetious.
        But I still remain cautiously optimistic about the SG-1 movie just because if there's been no progress, why not just let sleeping dogs lie?

Comment

But I still remain cautiously optimistic about the SG-1 movie just because if there's been no progress, why not just let sleeping dogs lie?
          In a way, they can't let sleeping dogs lie because they're constantly being asked questions about the puported movie. Would it look more suspicious if they ignored the questions and said nothing at all? Also, the actors are asked at every con, and their answers prompt more questions .... and round and round we go, getting, um, nowhere.

I'm thinking they can't say, "Sorry, guys, the movie's off," because it will possibly see a lot of SG-1-centric folks like me severing all meaningful ties with the franchise. My interest in SG:U is now limited to the LOL-worthy antics of certain PTB and shaking my head at the epic fail of the scriptwriters.

TPTB are masters at stringing folk along. I don't think I need to tell you that.

I dunno. Maybe I'm just tired and cynical, but, really, my hopes for this movie are receding by the day, especially given the latest news about MGM's status.

For once, I hope I'm proved wrong, and I'll take any extra optimism you have to spare.

Comment

Considering SG: Revolution is supposed to unite the core SG-1 cast, I am also hoping Vala & Mitchell play significant parts in it as well.

Comment

I knew it! Something is going to happen.
              I don't think he's pulling our legs- it would be poor timing. Considering their PR gaffes over the last few months it'd be extremely poor form to jerk around fans of the older shows, IMHO. I don't think they'd suddenly name something that wasn't going to be filmed when up to this point it's been the "untitled SG-1 movie".
              And I don't think it's about revealing the gate
              Spoiler:
              considering it appears to be a secret in SGU and the movie is supposed to take place before that time.
              And wouldn't it be called Revelation then?
              What other "R" stories have we had? Redemption, Reckoning... any others? Maybe there's a clue there.
              revelation was the name of the season 5 season finale. then again i remember Tng had a movie named after an episode and it was "First Contact"

Comment

After seeing RDA in Universe, I kinda hope he does only a cameo. He's kinda looking a bit old in the tooth and looking decidedly-widescreen. I'd rather Mitchell, Jackson, Carter & co do the bulk and let RDA stick to his quips and asides.
                It'd be sad to see him lumbering around and trying to be an action hero of sorts when his days doing that are really past. He's better suited now to a Hammond figure.
                Big mistake if they try to make him front and centre.

Comment

Originally posted by david2708 View Post
                  After seeing RDA in Universe, I kinda hope he does only a cameo. He's kinda looking a bit old in the tooth and looking decidedly-widescreen. I'd rather Mitchell, Jackson, Carter & co do the bulk and let RDA stick to his quips and asides.
                  It'd be sad to see him lumbering around and trying to be an action hero of sorts when his days doing that are really past. He's better suited now to a Hammond figure.
                  Big mistake if they try to make him front and centre.
                  im the opposite i wanna see jack have a good sizable roll in Revolution. and the reason he looks the way he did is because he had surgery on his foot but since then i remember seeing a picture of him on his rdanderson.com site and he does look like he lost a little bit of weight. it just i think its just his face that kinda looks puffy.

Comment

Originally posted by akren View Post
                    Considering SG: Revolution is supposed to unite the core SG-1 cast, I am also hoping Vala & Mitchell play significant parts in it as well.
                    It has already been confirmed that Claudia Black will *not* be reprising her role as Vala in SGR. Sad thing, really. I think she worked really well as a minor character in Continuum and it's a shame to just let her go without us getting a chance to say goodbye. She's been on the team longer than Jonas and even he got a little sendoff, though even that felt rushed and unfair to the character. I'm hoping we'll be seeing her around at some point. I couldn't think of anyone better to kick some butt against the Lucian Alliance.

Club Mats likes you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hotep Ka Heru'ur View Post
                      It has already been confirmed that Claudia Black will *not* be reprising her role as Vala in SGR. Sad thing, really. I think she worked really well as a minor character in Continuum and it's a shame to just let her go without us getting a chance to say goodbye. She's been on the team longer than Jonas and even he got a little sendoff, though even that felt rushed and unfair to the character. I'm hoping we'll be seeing her around at some point. I couldn't think of anyone better to kick some butt against the Lucian Alliance.
                      Very disappointing
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hotep Ka Heru'ur View Post
                        It has already been confirmed that Claudia Black will *not* be reprising her role as Vala in SGR. Sad thing, really.
                        Good! This will be a classic SG-1 movie when the show was in it's prime!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                          Good! This will be a classic SG-1 movie when the show was in it's prime!
                          Hello reset button. Its been too long
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            Hello reset button. Its been too long
                            Long overdue, lol.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                              I'm putting my bet down that they're gonna reveal the gate to the world.
                              That was my first thought, but then I read that it's supposed to be set sometime inbetween Continuum and the start of SGU.

Comment

It must be a story involving the Lucian Alliance, don't you think?
                                Due to the events in Air (spoiler?)
                                Spoiler:
                                Lucian Alliance attacks the Icarus Base

I think we'll see how the LA manage to grow in numbers and strength and become a big threat.
                                Lucian Alliance = some kind of rebels
                                The rebels makes a revolution and tries to challenge Earth's strong position in the Milky way

If the movie is supposed to be set inbetween Continuum and the start of SGU, then I think the movie will end with:

Spoiler:
                                We see a commander of the Lucian Alliance order his mothership to set a course to the Icarus Base.

THE END
                                (dramatic music)

Comment

Working...
                                X