Third SG-1 movie ("Stargate Revolution") Ship Free hopes/speculation/ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tombombadail View Post
    they could do a third movie explaining the whole King Aurthur thing...

I've always loved the King Arthur myths, actually I love all of the myths and the ancient history that has been touched on in the show. A third movie that explored more of that would be wonderful imo. I would like to see them use Daniel's skills a bit more, if MS is available for this movie. That is what drew me to Stargate in the begining, the mythology of ancient Egypt etc. I would like to see them return to their roots and get away from the more scientific stuff and the technology.

What used to be original about Stargate was the fact that we didn't have all this amazing tech stuff, it was about people like us out there exploring, the fighting against the bad guys took second place a lot of the time and the stories were more interesting for that.

Shoot em up space battles are ten a penny, you can only watch so many CGI space ships flying around CGI space.
    sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/blog/?p=1418
      Teal’c may will not to be in it. OMG, no!

Comment

Originally posted by jjit View Post
        http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/blog/?p=1418
        Teal’c may will not to be in it. OMG, no!
        Christopher Judge was joking about losing his chance to be in the next movie. He said that because he was saying something in this interview that hasn't been officially announced. He was trying to be funny, making it seem that he said something that he shouldn't have and was going to get punished for it.

I think that Teal'c will be in the third movie. Even if Rage of Angels gets started, I think that MGM will take care that he's available for both projects.

Comment

Originally posted by DeeKayP View Post
          Christopher Judge was joking about losing his chance to be in the next movie. He said that because he was saying something in this interview that hasn't been officially announced. He was trying to be funny, making it seem that he said something that he shouldn't have and was going to get punished for it.

I think that Teal'c will be in the third movie. Even if Rage of Angels gets started, I think that MGM will take care that he's available for both projects.
          thx, I understand now.

Comment

It could all start with ten years in the future, so 2019. They all live happily like in the 2010 episode. Energy problem is solved, with Carter's help. She is some big corporation advisor or something. Earth is prosperous. Team members from SG-1 meet for dinner at Carter's mansion. Teal'c is watching Star Wars with O'Neill, while table is readied. They all sit down to eat. All of a sudden, Ancients take only the original team members. O'Neill, Carter, Jackson and Teal'c. They all appear in some sort of cell. No Mitchell or Vala. They learn that Multiverse is about to be destroyed, somehow. Energy depletion or something, due to all the wormholes from Stargates. Ancient warns them, because it can see the past, present and future at the same time, including all realities and everything we do in third dimension. They see all realities at any one point in time. They reveal how they could see the problem forever, but have no solution, and as a result, everything will be destroyed, including Ancient's plane of existence, because it is based on all 3ds. So it is SG-1's destiny to create a solution. Carter needs Felger to design a virus to kill the Stargates in all realities, so she could help repair the damage. Tealc and O'Neill go to fetch him, from alternate reality, since somehow he went crazy in ours. We could also see dead characters like Dr. Frasier from that reality. Carter solves the problem, and Ancients send them all back, but without a recollection of what happened.

That would be awesome to reveal more information about Ancients.

Comment

I would love to see a movie where the stargate programis revealed to the general public on earth. It would have to be done carefully so that the heroes really get their recognition. They would have to save the world of course, maybe from a wraith attack so that they could tie it in with Atlantis.

Comment

How about Sam's working on the moon base, they find something either ancient based (needing jack's ancient gene) or Asgard based, both would tye in with it being jack centric then as well as sam mentioning a moon base in Continuum..

Comment

Launching of a new series....?

Comment

Originally posted by Trig View Post
                    How about Sam's working on the moon base, they find something either ancient based (needing jack's ancient gene) or Asgard based, both would tye in with it being jack centric then as well as sam mentioning a moon base in Continuum..
                    There's no moon base. And even if there were, it would be a big step down for Sam, I think.

I heard something interesting a while back about physicist's observation of dark matter actually bringing the end of the universe closer by locking the universe into a state where it's more likely to be unstable and decay. It's truly a wild concept and probably misinterpreted, but would make great scifi.

Comment

Originally posted by VSS View Post
                      There's no moon base. And even if there were, it would be a big step down for Sam, I think.

I heard something interesting a while back about physicist's observation of dark matter actually bringing the end of the universe closer by locking the universe into a state where it's more likely to be unstable and decay. It's truly a wild concept and probably misinterpreted, but would make great scifi.
                      At this point after Atlantis almost any post would be a step down for Sam, except SGC and maybe commanding a fleet of ships...

Comment

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
                        At this point after Atlantis almost any post would be a step down for Sam, except SGC and maybe commanding a fleet of ships...
                        If she were to command a fleet she'd have to pick up a couple of stars... Brigadier or even Major General.

Comment

Originally posted by silly sally View Post

Originally posted by Hong3103 View Post
                          If she were to command a fleet she'd have to pick up a couple of stars... Brigadier or even Major General.
                          Well, I'm kinda surprised she was in command of Atlantis being only a Colonel. So I don't see a problem with moving her up a rank. What's the minimum waiting time- a year?

Of course, then she'd be up one grade from Cam, and they'd have to make up something for him.

Comment

I listened to the commentary for Continuum and BW gave me some hope spoilers for those who don't care this is about Claudia

Spoiler:

BW said several times how good CB was and so did Martin Wood

I think Vala will be included in the next movie so as long as the next movie has Daniel, Vala, Sam, Cam, Teal'c I will be happy.
                            sigpic
                            My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                            poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

I'd want to see the next movie have "the Big 4" in it. I don't agree with those who say RDA is "past it." He may not be up to as much "action" or he may, but Jack is vital to SG1. The big requirement though is a good script where the Big 4 are used well. Cam would be ok & Vala to a lesser extent.

Oh and I don't want to see that "village" set they used all the time on S9 & 10 again.

Comment

Originally posted by VSS View Post
                                Well, I'm kinda surprised she was in command of Atlantis being only a Colonel. So I don't see a problem with moving her up a rank. What's the minimum waiting time- a year?

Of course, then she'd be up one grade from Cam, and they'd have to make up something for him.
                                Wait time... it all depends on the persons career and what they have done to distinguish themselves. In Sam's case she's done a lot... I've lost count how many times her and SG1 have save the world... galaxy... .

Most General-grade officers have been in military service for over 20 years. If Sam was a boot pilot in the 1st Gulf War (1990-1991) than she probably joined the Air Force about 1988-89 (because pilot training can take up to 2 years). So she has just either hit her 20 year mark is a year or two short of it. Rarely do you see anyone attain a General-grade rank under 20 years.

But she has saved the world several times so that would work in her favor... but at the same time the Senate & Congress has to approve of her rank. Not sure how many Senator's and Congressman have access to the inof on the work she has done that would merit her being promoted to Brigadier General so quickly.

Comment

Working...
                                X