No announcement yet.

Third SG-1 movie ("Stargate Revolution") Ship Free hopes/speculation/ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think featuring the Furlings would be a great idea, since most of Earths enemies are dead and allies weakened...it'd be great to bring something fresh onto the scene that fans have been wondering about for years. I could easily see how the writers could integrate that into a Jack centric story.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SG1 Joe View Post
      I heard if from the friend of a friend who lives in Vancouver. I live in Seattle and I have some friends up there. So a rumor from a friend of a friend. Who knows. I think its a great plot idea.
      Yeah, who knows. I don't like to put much stock in rumors unless from a relatively credible source.

I'd love to see the Furlings come back as enemies. And for gods sakes not look like those damn teddy bear Ewok knockoffs in 200.
      sigpic
      Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
        Yeah, who knows. I don't like to put much stock in rumors unless from a relatively credible source.

I'd love to see the Furlings come back as enemies. And for gods sakes not look like those damn teddy bear Ewok knockoffs in 200.
        Yes as far off from fluffy as you could possibly get! That gets me thinking though...there is a wildlife sign near me for Koala's, you know the yellow and black ones? Anyway someone has given the poor thing red eyes and fangs...it looks alot like this one but a little more evil

I don't want every time I drive past that sign to be reminded of the furlings
        sigpic

Comment

Well, I was hoping for more of an encounter and friendship, but anything will do at this point. Youre right inthat if they make them enemies you could center around that for a few movies! Ahla Star Trek and the Borg!

Comment

Originally posted by SG1 Joe View Post
            Well, I was hoping for more of an encounter and friendship, but anything will do at this point. Youre right inthat if they make them enemies you could center around that for a few movies! Ahla Star Trek and the Borg!
            I like the concept that one of these once four great races that had come together in mutual friendship are now enemies of the 'fifth race'. And you're right, they could center around that conflict for a couple movies
            sigpic

Comment

And I, for a change, don't like it.
              I agree that the Furlings absolutely shouldn't look like they did in 200, that was just silly. However, I don't know why would they be our enemies? I can see them as indifferent at most, but really I'd prefer them friendly, like the Asgard. We got indifference with the Ancients and the Nox. And the great 4th race shouldn't be bothered by petty humans
              There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
              sigpic
              awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Originally posted by col aga View Post
                And I, for a change, don't like it.
                I agree that the Furlings absolutely shouldn't look like they did in 200, that was just silly. However, I don't know why would they be our enemies? I can see them as indifferent at most, but really I'd prefer them friendly, like the Asgard. We got indifference with the Ancients and the Nox. And the great 4th race shouldn't be bothered by petty humans
                I want a twist. Something shocking. Someone with questionable loyalties. That's why I loved the Tok'ra so much. They didn't always come clean with Earth. They worked for themselves first and if it somehow benefitted earth, well good for them.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                  I want a twist. Something shocking. Someone with questionable loyalties. That's why I loved the Tok'ra so much. They didn't always come clean with Earth. They worked for themselves first and if it somehow benefitted earth, well good for them.
                  Oh, I agree completely. That's why Maybourne was such a great character. I just don't think the Furlings are the ones to do it. Why not Ree'tou for example? We've had dealings with them in the past, we know there are different fractions..etc. Or Aris Boch? Or someone else from the past?
                  There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
                  sigpic
                  awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Either way I'd like to see them in the story line. Some good ideas. Im certain they'll get it right whatever they choose to do.

Comment

Filming in Nov/Dec 09??

I know that TPTB have said that it will likely film in the fall, looks like it will be the end of fall.

Lunch with Richard Dean Anderson on the Set of His New Stargate SG-1 Movie - Vancouver, November/December 2009, for two.
                      https://auction01.charitybuzz.com/se...&order=default

Comment

Maybe they will begin with the Atlantis movie. Or they will make the third SG-1 movie in October - November, but they will keep the set for a short period. Or they will make a fourth SG-1 movie too.
                        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                          Maybe they will begin with the Atlantis movie. Or they will make the third SG-1 movie in October - November, but they will keep the set for a short period. Or they will make a fourth SG-1 movie too.
                          Way to be optimistic! Personally, I'd love the last option in that list, but it's probably the least likely. Still, you're right. There could be a number of reasons for that statement.

I can't imagine them filming much in December, because I imagine most of the cast/crew wants to be with their family around the holidays. But that's just a guess. Maybe they'll just wrap up the last filming in early December.
                          Chief of the GGP (Gateworld Grammar Police). Punctuation is your friend. Use it!

Great happy armies shall be gathered and trained to oppose all who embrace doubt. In the name of Hope, ships shall be built to carry our disciples out amongst the stars, and we will spread Optimism to all the doubters. The power of the Optimi will be felt far and wide, and the pessimists shall become positive-thinkers.
                          Hallowed are the Optimi.

Comment

I would be much happier if they make an official statement that they will make 1 SG-1 and 1 Atlantis movie in the next 2-5 year.

But the sad reality is:
                            - it seems the third movie will be filmed between 2009 October and November
                            - they will finish the special effects after 2-3 months, but I count with 2010's March or April and than they will begin work on the second season of SG:U
                            - maybe Sony will demand 6 month advertisment campaign again, so in the worst case, the movie will be released at 2010 November or December instead of summer
                            - the making of the fourth SG-1 movie will delay again and won't be filmed in 2010, because MGM and Sony will wait for DVD sales and if SG:U gets a third season pick-up at 2010 October, than the fourth movie will be postponed until 2011's autumn and it will be released only in 2012

So what I wanted to say with this long speech, that I would like to see new SG movie(s) in every year and not in every second year. I am sure they are capable of doing more between television seasons. But at least they make new movies while other canceled scifi series didn't get such chance, so the "sad" reality is lucky at the same time.
                            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

^ Nicely said. I agree, it's fustrating that there is going to be such a long wait between movies but at the same time I'm thankful that we are even getting any
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Amaunet View Post
                                ^ Nicely said. I agree, it's fustrating that there is going to be such a long wait between movies but at the same time I'm thankful that we are even getting any
                                Well, they want to use their same crew so they have to wait until principle photography has finished on SGU. Then they need Amanda, who won't be done shooting Sanctuary for another few months. So the earliest start day to begin is the fall. Good thing about that is the effects house they use shouldn't be bogged down like it was when they were shooting AoT and Continuum. So it shouldn't take as long to complete vfx for the new movie.

Ah scheduling. What a pain it is!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X