No announcement yet.

Third SG-1 movie ("Stargate Revolution") Ship Free hopes/speculation/ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Majorsal writes: “it hasn’t been stated yet, but did the sg1 movie officially get the green light to be made?”

Answer: Yep.
    http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...5-the-mailbag/
    sigpic
    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Well, it's about time someone actually came out and said it. Now, if we could just see it in this decade!

Comment

Originally posted by VSS View Post
        Well, it's about time someone actually came out and said it. Now, if we could just see it in this decade!
        I would say in 2010. Post-production takes so long(remeber AoT and Continuum)
        Stolen Kosovo
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
          I remember when BW mentioned something about being able to do it faster this time around, but I don't know how much faster. And if SciFi is involved upfront instead of just buying it later, it could be even longer than what it took with the first two! They'll air it when they need to to fill holes in the programming.

Comment

When will we see the green light for 3rd movie official press release?

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
              I remember when BW mentioned something about being able to do it faster this time around, but I don't know how much faster.

GW: Your shooting schedule is usually late February to early October. And then for the two movies last year, they didn't come for almost a year after they had been shot. Is that going to be typical, do you think?

BW: Well, Continuum was ready a lot sooner. We finished the film, but our in-house visual effects department was devoting its energy still to The Ark of Truth. So it basically sat on the shelf waiting for the opportunity to go through the post-production process, rather than hiring a whole new, second group -- knowing that there was going to be a significant window between the two releases anyway.

Ark of Truth wasn't a year -- it was less than a year. Continuum was, because of that wait.

GW: I see filming in '07 and then the movies came out in '08, and seemed to be doing so well in sales, that I just kept waiting for MGM to say, "Let's do more! Let's do more!" But now if we're looking at shooting them in '09, is it going to be 2010 before we see SG-1 again?

BW: [...] Keep in mind: Nobody really knew ... we had a lot of faith that the Stargate movies were going to do really well, but they surprised everybody. Robert and I maybe were the least surprised, because of our belief in what we were trying to do -- but maybe everyone feels that way who makes a movie! But they surprised a lot of people, and it did well enough that I think things might happen faster the second time around.
              http://www.gateworld.net/interviews/...ings_....shtml

And if SciFi is involved upfront instead of just buying it later, it could be even longer than what it took with the first two! They'll air it when they need to to fill holes in the programming.
              I don't think they are, even though Vitale said...
              Vitale said “we’re very interested in partnering with MGM to do additional SG-1 movies as well, and we’re talking about it.
              http://www.multichannel.com/CA6599905.html

the third SG-1 movie will be a direct-to-DVD movie, not a tv movie like Atlantis

Originally posted by jjit View Post
              no idea
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jjit View Post
                Probably when they've got all the cast signed.

Comment

Plastschu writes: “Is there any chance to make two Atlantis movie + one SG-1 movie next year? What will be titles? When will be released the newest movies? […] What happened with the Children Of The Gods - special edition? Why did Mr. Wright postpone it? Will you ever make an SG-1 movie for theatrical release from even bigger budget (10-20-30 million $)?”

Answers: At present, we’re only scheduled to produce one SGA movie next year. No title or release date yet. I have no idea when the special edition of Children of the Gods will be released. Sorry, no plans for a big screen SG-1 theatrical release.
                  http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...niverse-day-6/
                  sigpic

Comment

At least he answered to my questions.
                    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I'd take three or four DVD movies over one theatrical release, anyway, if they had that much money to spend.

Comment

I still believe in a big screen SG-1 movie. I hope the new Star Trek movie will convince MGM that it could work. Maybe they should make an SG-1-Atlantis cross-over episode to win every SG fan. The Serenity movie cost "only" 30-35 million dollar, so if we count how perfect could the SG staff divide up such budget (for bigger paying check, shooting locations, alien creatures and environments), than I think they could make a such scifi movie, what will reach the heart of every scifi fan. And even if it would be weak, than they could earn the money back from ticket and DVD sales. I really can't understand why MGM doesn't try to bring the franchise to an ever higher level.
                        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                          I still believe in a big screen SG-1 movie. I hope the new Star Trek movie will convince MGM that it could work. Maybe they should make an SG-1-Atlantis cross-over episode to win every SG fan. The Serenity movie cost "only" 30-35 million dollar, so if we count how perfect could the SG staff divide up such budget (for bigger paying check, shooting locations, alien creatures and environments), than I think they could make a such scifi movie, what will reach the heart of every scifi fan. And even if it would be weak, than they could earn the money back from ticket and DVD sales. I really can't understand why MGM doesn't try to bring the franchise to an ever higher level.
                          IIRC it was actually 39 million
                          sigpic

Comment

Ok, but try to imagine a Continuum type film. It cost 10 million. If they spend the other 10-20 million only for CGI effects, sets, locations than we could get a perfect movie. They will not use ILM for effects, the actors won't get 10-20 million for a role. But they have a "well oiled machine". Their team are capable to almost everything and only the budget was not enough as they worked on a TV show. Ok, I don't expect honestly such detailed as a big A blockbuster, but I think they could make a relatively cheap, but also well-made B scifi. I believe in them.

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                              I still believe in a big screen SG-1 movie. I hope the new Star Trek movie will convince MGM that it could work.
                              How could it?

Maybe they should make an SG-1-Atlantis cross-over episode to win every SG fan. The Serenity movie cost "only" 30-35 million dollar, so if we count how perfect could the SG staff divide up such budget (for bigger paying check, shooting locations, alien creatures and environments), than I think they could make a such scifi movie, what will reach the heart of every scifi fan. And even if it would be weak, than they could earn the money back from ticket and DVD sales. I really can't understand why MGM doesn't try to bring the franchise to an ever higher level.
                              ...and it didn't make money.

Comment

I think DVD movies are the way to go I think big screen would be a mistake, T.V. movies I think it would have a longer life. It not about the story of Stargate it is about that characters of Stargate that's why T.V. and movies are such different animals from what I can tell movies are more about stories while T.V are more about characters.
                                sigpic
                                My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                                poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Working...
                                X