No announcement yet.

Third SG-1 movie ("Stargate Revolution") Ship Free hopes/speculation/ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know for sure that the 3rd movie is still going ahead? I've read in a few threads that filming starts in early 2009 but I cant see how they will find the time with the filming of the SGA movie and SGU starting. I hope it isnt being scrapped .

Comment

It will happen. When, I couldn't tell you, but after the success of AoT and Continuum, MGM is keen to make a long series of DTV films.

Perfecto!

Comment

Chris Judge speculated in an interview that they might start filming as early as January. But, as far as we know, MGM hasn't given the green light for production yet, and there is no script yet. Things would have to begin moving soon to film in January or February.
        GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
        The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
        Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

from JM's blog
          Jmanzione writes: “Is a new SG1 movie script in the writing stage at this point?”

Answer: No. It’s in the “thinking about” stage.
          http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/
          sigpic
          The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
            Awww, crap. We might we waiting a bit longer then.
            sigpic
            Ten Years, A Lot Of Enemies, A Presumed Death, A Complete Back Story Rewrite....But Still Looking Good!

Comment

Originally posted by Frontastic View Post
              Awww, crap. We might we waiting a bit longer then.
              well...
              GW: So if there are on-going movies both for Atlantis and SG-1, do you anticipate one a year for each? Or what kind of schedule are you looking at?

BW: I would love -- love -- to do two a year going forward.

GW: Total, or for each series?

BW: Maybe one of each. Maybe even three. I don't want to test the marketplace -- I have no idea what the saturation point would be in that situation. But people seem to have responded very well to Ark and Continuum. And if the next two go just as well, I don't see why we wouldn't do two more the following year. Or more! That's why I say, "Or more.

**snip**

GW: So are there plans to start shooting either of these movies the first of this [next] year?

BW: Soon. There's obviously deals that have to be put into place, and scripts to be written. I had a third Stargate movie idea during the shooting of Continuum, I started coming up with the idea. That one could happen sooner rather than later ... but I may be very busy, too.

Next year could be a very, very busy year for Stargate. Let's put it that way!

**snip**

BW: Keep in mind: Nobody really knew ... we had a lot of faith that the Stargate movies were going to do really well, but they surprised everybody. Robert and I maybe were the least surprised, because of our belief in what we were trying to do -- but maybe everyone feels that way who makes a movie! But they surprised a lot of people, and it did well enough that I think things might happen faster the second time around.
              http://www.gateworld.net/interviews/...ings_....shtml
              sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I remember that but, "could', "maybe", "I'd love to..." ? Isn't exactly confirmation is it?
                sigpic
                Ten Years, A Lot Of Enemies, A Presumed Death, A Complete Back Story Rewrite....But Still Looking Good!

Comment

I agree more will be made but i think only Baal knows when LOL

Different source are saying different things right now. about a month ago brad said he was already writing a script but joe has now said that a 3rd is in the planning stage. So its possible that brad's script has been scraped since the announcement of the atlantis movie and SGU.

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis Lives View Post
                    There are 4 things that I want tied up in any films.

1: The Trust

2: Cameron and the "Green Wire"

3: The Giant Aliens (Omeyocan)

4: The Unknown Alien Ship from "Grace" (Furlings?)

1. Yes please!

2. Could easily be tied into a trust story

3. Eh, not much to that. Sure it'd be nice to know more about them, but It's not really critical imo.

4. No. Like the Furlings, I like the Grace Aliens to be a mystery. It helps remind us of the size and scope of a galaxy. I see them as kinda like the Aschen, a space faring race w/o a gate that has established an empire in the galaxy. There's just something cool to the thought of and entire empire out there in our galaxy that we have no idea about, that even the Goa'uld never ran into, you know.

Perfecto!

Comment

I think he's misread the question, as Brad Wright has already said many times that he's already writing/written the script. I think Joe think the question was directed at the Atlantis movie.

Comment

The most important thing I want in the next SG1 movie - Richard Dean Anderson. LOL!
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                          I think he's misread the question, as Brad Wright has already said many times that he's already writing/written the script. I think Joe think the question was directed at the Atlantis movie.
                          hm I guess it's possible. someone should ask him
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Frontastic View Post
                            Yeah, I remember that but, "could', "maybe", "I'd love to..." ? Isn't exactly confirmation is it?
                            But it is a lot better then "No." "doubt it" "Would like to but don't hold your breath" "No one is interested in making another one...except for me."

Comment

It better have more Jack than Continuum had.

WE NEED MORE JACK!!!!

"Say goodbye to your sanity!"

Spoiler:

Mollari: Isn't it ironic? When I first came to Babylon 5 I had all the choices in the world, and no power at all... now I have all the power I could ever want... and no choice... no choice...

Mollari: It was something my father said. I was just a boy... and I heard him, crying in his room. I asked him what was wrong, and he said "My shoes are too tight... but it does not matter... because I have forgotten how to dance..." ...I never understood that until now... now... my shoes are too tight... and I have forgotten how to dance...
                              Vir: I don't understand...
                              Mollari: ...nor should you...

Comment

Originally posted by Dimbo_Sama View Post
                                It better have more Jack than Continuum had.

WE NEED MORE JACK!!!!
                                Whilst I would like it if he were around more...he is not neccssary to the third movies plot. They can do it with out him.

Comment

Working...
                                X