Camelot (920)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mach1
    I cant believe the asgard sent only one ship into that battle, probably the gimpiest asgard ship Ive ever seen too. Its been an entire season since the replicators were destroyed, surly the asgards should have several "Oneil" class warships completed by now that should have been in that battle.Anyway, even though the asgard sent in their gimpiest ship, it didnt look like the ori weapon was haveing much of an effect on it the way it was when tearing through the other ships, my guess is that in the season 10 premier, the asgard ship is probably still out there and more than likely beamed all the important characters to safty.

Comment

I loved Teal'c showing his aggitation and annoyance with Cam's overconfidence. He didn't even try to hide his displeasure. Is it just me or was it completely stupid and out of the storyline for Merlin to hide treasure in his chamber when that was actually where he worked on his science projects. There wasn't even a legend for the townspeople to chase about treasure.

Another observation I had was holy crap those Ori ships did not look that frickin' huge in "Crusade". Dare I say it but I think a trip to the MW galaxy by the Wraith is the only thing aside from the Ancients destroying the Ori fleet that can save our tails. Let the Wraith come in mass and fight the Ori and then we do battle with them would be the best course of action.

Remembering the earth ships shields standing no chance versus goual'd weapons brings a smile to my face when I sit and remember the scene where the earth ships deflect the first Ori shot for the most part while a hatak gets blown up.

Why didn't we copy the plans for the Ori space satellite weapon on that planet in Ethon while we were on friendly terms with the new leader of the government before there was a nuclear war eliminating them as an ally?

Good God Sam, she was just stuck on the side of the supergate in disbelief over the slaughter she was witnessing.

Final thoughts: It was SO hilarious seeing the single Asgard ship speeding around looking like it was dropping depth charges on the Ori ships then zooming away. At least they were smart enough to actually try and avoid direct shots--have we not learned anything from ETHON?--and why in the heck was the entire galaxy looking for the supergate but only 9 hataks show up? It should have been literally hundreds of ships awaiting the 1st wave of Ori ships. Why in the hell did homeworld security wait until now to start rushing ships into production. They already knew the Ori were coming so they should have went to full production mode and cranked out at least 3 more ships by now. Overally the ending has served its purpose and wet my appetite for season 10.

Comment

I dont think so, they showed a shot of it right next to the tauri ship and a few pyramid ships and it looked like it was the same size. It should have been MUCH bigger than that if it was an oneil class ship.
        SG-1 Rocks!!

Comment

Look at the two photos. See also that they were probably not all seen at the same distance from the Ori ships. Perspective can be tricky in space.

Comment

Originally posted by Scyld
            That WAS an O'Neill class warship in the finale of season 9.
            He probably hasn't seen any of the earlier season episodes. The O'Niell Class ships are about as large as the Ha'Taks. So both the Ha'Taks, O'Niells, and of course our little BC-304s would look like fighters compared to the massive Ori starships.
            http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
            http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

I dont know the oneill class warship looked much bigger the 1st time it was introduced but in this last episode it didnt look any bigger than a gould mothership, thats what made me think maybe it was something else...
              SG-1 Rocks!!

Comment

While we're on the topic of the Asgard, was anyone else kinda disappointed it was Kvasir joining the fight instead of Thor? One would think he would be the first to volunteer to help MW in the fight.

Actually, wasn't this the first season of SG-1 that Thor hasn't appeared in? If you include holo-Thor from S1 that is. I miss that little guy.

Comment

Originally posted by alaskannut
                  Spoiler:
                  The Korolev...Odyssey is mentioned several times in spoilers for next season
                  Yeah, and the writers have NEVER changed the storyline between the time the episodes are pitched and the time they are actually filmed, or given false clues to keep plotlines a secret.

My observations and opinions:

(Are spoiler tags necessary for scenes in an episode in a thread dedicated to that episode? If you haven't seen the episode and don't want to be spoiled, don't click on the episode's thread.)

1. The Odyssey was destroyed, not the Korolev.

No members of SG-1 were on the Odyssey. Mitchell never made it to a 302, and Oma can't save Daniel's ass this time, she's busy.

2. The Asguard ship didn't run from battle.

It most likely made a strafing attack towards the gate so it could beam Carter aboard. Getting closer should help them get a lock on her.

3. Carter is perfectly fine in her spacesuit.

It's a suit designed to be used in space. Unless she gets hit by a stray shot, she should be OK until she is rescued.

4. The Ancients can't help fight the Ori fleet.

They are committed to non-interference in the affairs of lower beings (mortals.) The Ori ships are crewed by humanoid warriors and commanded by Priors (who are still mortal, despite being given advanced powers.)

Plot holes:

1. How did they know which side of the supergate was the front side?

2. How did they know the exact design of the supergate's control crystals?

Answers to these questions and more when season 10 premieres in 16 weeks or so.
                  Don't green it unless you mean it.

Comment

You are roight, from the size it looked not like a O'Neill, just from the shape of it.
                    A real O'Neill also fires other weapons as seen in new order.

Comment

That did not look like an O'Neil class ship. It looks like a plain old Asgard ship to me. I'm sure since the Asgard are rebuilding their civilization they would still use their older ships and not completely switch over to the 0'Neil class right away.

BTW...I think the Vasir guy ran! Did any of you see the ship get destroyed?

Comment

Originally posted by -Major Woody
                        1. The Odyssey was destroyed, not the Korolev.

No members of SG-1 were on the Odyssey. Mitchell never made it to a 302, and Oma can't save Daniel's ass this time, she's busy.
                        Plot holes:

1. How did they know which side of the supergate was the front side?

2. How did they know the exact design of the supergate's control crystals?

Answers to these questions and more when season 10 premieres in 16 weeks or so.
                        Here i'll give you a link to prove to you that the Odyssey was not destroyed.

Beware though it leads to spoilers about season 10's first episode but it gives you absolution on which ship was destroyed.

http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s10/1001.shtml

Half way down in the answer and explanation you seek. We already know that the 304 can beam its crew off the ship very quickly. Also we know the Alterans had teleportation tech, not sight to sight, but given 10,000 more years...no reason why the Ori dont have it and found daniel on the ship and beamed him to the one that vala is on.

For your questions about the gate, they have an asgard ship with super advanced scanners on it...a race that knows every single little thing about stargates and any variations...you dont think they can figure out the front from the back?

Comment

But the question is how? Both ships engines were disabled thats why they couldn't retreat. That is the one question i'm anxious to see answered in the season 10 premiere.

Comment

No way, it showd the Asgard ship for tonights episode next to one of our ships and it was the same size, perhaps a little smaller. I remember an episode earlier where the Promethious (whitch is similar size to the Odesy) was fit inside of the cargo bay of an O'neal class ship. This was in essence a "shuttle craft" for the Asguard. Perhaps they wanted to see the capabilities of these ships before commiting one of their premier ships to battle.

Comment

Originally posted by GoVols
                              I remember an episode earlier where the Promethious (whitch is similar size to the Odesy) was fit inside of the cargo bay of an O'neal class ship.
                              When was that?

Comment

Originally posted by PugGate
                                Yeah, it's called cosmic rays. They're little protons moving at the speed of light and slice through your DNA.

So what was with the Black Knigt dude? He can kill the librarian dude, but Cam just gets shocked?
                                Sorry to nitpick here...but cosmic rays are not just protons. Cosmic rays are really a mixture of many kinds of radiation, both EM and particle. Protons are matter, which means they cannot travel at the speed of light (however in space they do commonly get to about 90% of it). After visible light, the spectrum goes to UV, then X-rays, then gamma rays. The extremely high frequency means they can pass through almost anything, but because of that they also have very little impact on the matter they do pass through. It takes a LOT of EM to actually do any damage because of that. Cosmic rays are basically a mixture of high energy particles from stars, X-rays and gamma rays (also from stars), and other things like neutrinos. On Earth's surface, the atmosphere stops most of it, in space there is no protection at all from radiation. The particle radiation from stars (very high energy protons, neutrons, and electrons, this is usually referred to as the "solar wind") obviously cannot go the speed of light, the "solar wind" is usually around 90% of the speed of light. The EM components all go the speed of light. Space suits do provide some protection, but extended exposure can still be dangerous, which is why we haven't found a way to get people to Mars safely yet. The extended time in space would cause a lot more radiation exposure than is considered safe. Astronauts have to deal with much higher radiation levels than the natural background here on Earth. Even with the protection of space suits and the spacecraft, radiation levels of about 100x the natural background levels on the planet's surface are common. While staying a few days or a week in space is not enough to cause any serious effects, a long stay of months can be, since radiation effects are cumulative. The best way to describe cosmic rays is to say that it is the "background" radiation in space, with no atmosphere or anything else to provide any shielding. The background radiation on the surface of Earth is MUCH lower because particle radiation is either diverted by the magnetic field or stopped by the atmosphere if the magnetic field doesn't stop it. The magnetic field has no effect on EM, however the atmosphere blocks the vast majority of this as well. Incidentally, a 50,000 ft flight in an aircraft also causes much increased radiation exposure compared to the natural background levels on the surface. But it's not enough to cause any issues.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmic_rays
                                Last edited by Akai; 10 March 2006, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X