Camelot (920)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GoVols
    No way, it showd the Asgard ship for tonights episode next to one of our ships and it was the same size, perhaps a little smaller. I remember an episode earlier where the Promethious (whitch is similar size to the Odesy) was fit inside of the cargo bay of an O'neal class ship. This was in essence a "shuttle craft" for the Asguard. Perhaps they wanted to see the capabilities of these ships before commiting one of their premier ships to battle.
    Im definantly in agreement here, the asgard ship tonight, It may have resembled an oneill class ship in looks only, but it was WAY too small to be one.
    SG-1 Rocks!!

Comment

I am honestly wondering if it was the Odyssey and not the other ship that was destroyed

The only info we have otherwise is one text excert, and we may have seen some amazing weapons, ships, supergates and more from the ori, but we have not yet seen beaming technology, although not saying this is not possible, it is however likly if they possessed it, to get up to the 'city of the gods' they would use it instead of rings... so how could they of got daniel and mitchell out..

personally from watching to much sci fi and taking the warnings on the site where it says spoilers can change, I think it is was the Odyssey that was destroyed, as there are no characters on there that could be re occuring, and unless they are killing checkov? off and they managed to get a nocked out mitchell, and daniel out.... it just seems unlikly, and frankly if they are willing to say in a spoiler, I am suprised there was not a inside shot going bright of the ship being destroyed a.k.a. prometheus, and some other things in stargate..

Anyway, and whatever it was, I can not wait for the start of the next series!

Comment

First off, Earth should of known what was comming. The Prometheus was destroyed by a single Ori satellite weapon made from technology less advanced than earth. They could atleast somehow steal the satellite and study its shield and weapons technology.

Second, was it just me or was the ori ships weapon slow? I mean its powerful and all but the shot took a while before it actually hit. With this in mind, im pretty sure all our vessel are pretty fast and can dodge the shots. And we all know moving target are harder to hit.

Third, how in the world did our shots miss the ori HUGE vessel. In the begining of the battle, it showed several shots missed and yet we are able to target certain area of the Ha'tak vessel. They should of beamed a gate buster nuke near the ori vessel and let if off.

Forth, I kinda find it hard to believe that they couldnt destroy the gate because carter removed a panal with her bare hands.

Fifth, Sucks for the russians. Thier first mission with thier first vessel and it gets destroyed. funny ****

Comment

I don't think that was an Oneil class ship, I think it might be a daniel jackson class. I think the asgard should've sent more ships, I mean, if it takes them like 2 minutes to get to our galaxy, the we could've sent a message asking for more ships.

But I wonder what happened to the ships that didn't get blown up...

Spoiler:
          The ship that was destroyed (304) was the Korelev

I bet that the asgard (What's his name again? Ksavir or something?) turned tail and ran, so did the Lucian Alliance.
          http://www.bentsynapse.net/images/zidane_dethstar.gif
          If only we have Zidane on Stargate.....
          **Mentally replace that deathstar with an Ori ship**

Comment

Here are some pics of the O'nell Class WarShip.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...untitled20.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...untitled19.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...untitled18.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...untitled17.jpg
            Last edited by Hawaii_Boy_808; 11 March 2006, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Yeah... looks like it really was an O'Neil class ship that eventually turned tail...poor Asgard. Well, better to have gotten away than to be turned into a firecracker.

Comment

Originally posted by AcuraTL
                Forth, I kinda find it hard to believe that they couldnt destroy the gate because carter removed a panal with her bare hands.
                The problem was she didn't have her P90. As Daniel demonstrated, all you have to do is shoot the control crystals to break something.

Comment

Originally posted by Imgnryflagdotcom
                  I don't think that was an Oneil class ship, I think it might be a daniel jackson class.
                  Daniel Jackson class:

Originally posted by j619pinoy
                  That did not look like an O'Neil class ship. It looks like a plain old Asgard ship to me. I'm sure since the Asgard are rebuilding their civilization they would still use their older ships and not completely switch over to the 0'Neil class right away.

Beliskner class:

The original "massive" O'Neill

That one isn't exactly what I'd call massive in comparison to the one in Camelot. When shown in the terrestrial atmosphere, it's of course going to look massive with all the smaller structures nearby. Remember how much bigger Prometheus would look when it wasn't in space?

Just a little more comparative evidence. It was definitely an O'Neill in the battle.

Comment

Sorry...I meant the episode CAMELOT.

Damn, the ending to season 9 was a total curve ball. I never would have expected the season to end like this. After all the speculation going around on this forum, I thought I had an idea as to how it was going to end but I was way wrong.

So this so called..."We lose an ally but gain an ally..."

Who did we actually lose as an ally?

Comment

The only one I can really think of is the Sodan, though we didn't have them for very long.

Comment

Wow that battle sequence was cool, would have loved some more asgard ships. Hopefully the first ep of season 10 will resolve some of the loose threads regarding the effectivness of the fleet's weapons and exactly the status of the asgard ship ie damage etc. At least then we know if there is any chance of fighting untill they find the ancient weapon.

Btw Hatusu I love your signature. I always wanted to see Hatshepsut put in the series as a goauld, given how early historians viewed her, plus mysterious death

Comment

Bait the hook.....

Reel them in .....
                          -

Comment

i have no idea how mitchel tealc and daniel made it out of this one, and i'll mis chekov
                            Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bragi
                              You might want to throw a spoiler warning up in your thread title, dude.

Anyway, since you asked: Spoilers ahoy!

Kvasir was onboard Odyssey shortly before the battle began, and it's likely he was onboard during the battle. We see a BC-304 getting destroyed, since Sam was off the ship, Teal'c was onboard an Ha'tak, and Daniel and Mitchell were aboard Korelev, it's likely that Odyssey was destroyed.

If Kvasir was onboard, then he is now dead.

Kvasir's O'Neill was in the battle, and she didn't appear to take any damage, or be destroyed. It's likely that of all the ships in the battle, the O'Neill class ship was the only one to do any damage to the Ori vessels.

Since the battle was pretty much over as the episode came to a close (no more Ori main guns firing, and just a couple of Ha'taks blowing up) I would think that the Asgard ship was either destroyed, neutralized, or fled. Of course, season ten could open up with the resumption of the battle, the Asgard ship saving the day by beaming the survivors of the combined Earth, Jaffa, and Lucian fleet (including poor Sam stranded by the Supergate) aboard the O'Neill class ship and then getting the hell out of dodge.

I agree w/ you however
                              I dont think the asguard ship was destroyed because that would be a huge event and it would be shown during the ep. I figure the first ep of season 10 it will swoop in and pick up the remaining characters from teal'cs ha'tak, odyssey, and sam.

Comment

Kinda reminded me of the Wolf 359 battle with the Borg in ST:TNG

A little more pathetic of a fleet this time around, though.

The Ori ship weapons have a long recharge time - you'd think the smaller ships, esp the Hat'aks, would be able to outmaneuver them. Oh well, not like their pea shooters could mess with the seemingly impenetrable shields.

Good thing Carter didn't get caught in the supergate Kawoosh, that's one heck of a vortex. Kinda silly she can just remove the panel and plug in a jerry-rigged crystal (with the Asgard never actually seeing a supergate component)

Comment

Working...
                                X