Off The Grid (916)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by captain jake View Post
    Haha Nerus was in the episode I am trying to stay on topic.
    yeah I was trying to say something meaningful but couldn't really think something other than 'yeah...'
    sigpic
    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
      yeah I was trying to say something meaningful but couldn't really think something other than 'yeah...'
      Haha ok well,

I would like to talk about this Corn, I mean was it meant purely as an addictive food meant to make money for the Lucian Alliance? If so wouldn't SG-1 destroying shipments of this food lead to thousands of people dying from withdrawal?
      sigpic

Comment

Haha ok well,

I would like to talk about this Corn, I mean was it meant purely as an addictive food meant to make money for the Lucian Alliance? If so wouldn't SG-1 destroying shipments of this food lead to thousands of people dying from withdrawal?
        yeah probably. I mean what's better than to produce something you know people will keep buying because they can't live without it. the dying because of withdrawal happened off screen lol. nah IDK, may be another plot hole or just something TBTB decided not to mention
        sigpic

Comment

I don't remember if death occured or not from the withdrawls... I though it was just major pangs of wanting..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
            I don't remember if death occured or not from the withdrawls... I though it was just major pangs of wanting..
            Yes if only used for a short time, but if somebody was on that stuff for 4 months to a year the withdrawal would probably kill them.
            sigpic

Comment

I doubt it. Is the withdrawls stronger than coming off of crack or heroin?

Comment

how would we know?
                sigpic

Comment

I would say about equal, and people die all the time from going off of those drugs cold turkey. I think this is all a simple plot hole that nobody ever considered.
                  sigpic

Comment

I'd say worse depending upon how long the person has been taking the stuff... usually the more addictive somthing is and the greater effect it has on the body the worse the withdrawal symptoms are...
                    Last edited by Guest; 14 December 2007, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FenRiR Ragnarok Warlord View Post
                      I'd say worst depending upon how long the person has been taking the stuff... usually the more addictive somthing is and the greater effect it has on the body the worst the withdrawal symptoms are...
                      Are you saying that the corn is more addictive than Crack or Heroin?
                      sigpic

Comment

how could we possibly know this?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                          how could we possibly know this?
                          I dunno if somebody studied the effects it had on the soldier and the effects of Heroin and Crack. Well somebody could figure out which one is worse... Theoretically of course.
                          sigpic

Comment

If by corn you mean Kassa... the yeah possibly more addictive:

Originally Posted by FenRiR Ragnarok Warlord
                            I'd say worse depending upon how long the person has been taking the stuff... usually the more addictive somthing is and the greater effect it has on the body the worse the withdrawal symptoms are...

Comment

Originally posted by FenRiR Ragnarok Warlord View Post
                              If by corn you mean Kassa... the yeah possibly more addictive:
                              What do you base this on?
                              sigpic

Comment

What do you base this on?
                                Pure speculation...

Comment

Working...
                                X