No announcement yet.

Ripple Effect (913)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since I originally posted that question almost 5 months ago I rewatched Ripple Effect and it still hits me that Landry didn't notice his SG1 team uses green uniforms and the first team in had black ones, There must be a cool explanation about this!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave2 View Post
      Since I originally posted that question almost 5 months ago I rewatched Ripple Effect and it still hits me that Landry didn't notice his SG1 team uses green uniforms and the first team in had black ones, There must be a cool explanation about this!
      According to the commentary, they figure Landry isn't in the control room every single time SG-1 goes off world. He also sees them in various uniforms and in the scheme of things, he doesn't remember or notice which uniform they are wearing.
      Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

My LiveJournal post

I always enjoy and look forward to this one.
        I missed Martouf's big grin!
        "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
        "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
        "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
        "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
        >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

This was a great episode, although the only episode that was better then this one (through this episode), is Beachhead.

It was really great to see Janet and Martouf back.

I noticed that if you watch this episode without watching any episode of Atlantis, you'd find all the references to it confusing (The Wraith?, Atlantis Cloaks?).

The Green wire hit, I think, may have revealed itself had there been an 11th+ Season.

I think Sam's mysterious man was probably Pete. If it was Jack, I think it would've been too fast (like 2 people marrying after dating after a couple of months.

Tomorrow, Teal'c goes missing. An episode I haven't seen in a while.
          sigpic

Comment

Always a fun episode to watch. Seeing Janet and Martouf again is always the highlight.

SG-1 outsmarting the devious SG-1 that caused the problem of alternate realities converging on our own was a fun confusing moment.

A lab full of Carters working on solving the problem, that was hilarious, loved the one with the glasses, reminiscent of 'geeky Sam'!

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos View Post
              I think Sam's mysterious man was probably Pete. If it was Jack, I think it would've been too fast (like 2 people marrying after dating after a couple of months.
              Very doubtful. She broke up with him for a reason. That being they were not suited to each other and I really doubt it would be any different in another universe.

However, Jack and Sam have known each other for more than 8 years by now, and really don't need a period of dating or getting to know each other before deciding to marry. So it is entirely possible (and more than likely) it is Jack being referred to. I know people who have only known each other for a couple of weeks or even only a couple of months who got married (and successfully stayed that way).

Comment

Originally posted by Dave2 View Post
                Maybe he's color blind?

Comment

Sam has been with quite a few men over the years. Given these are alternate realities where things play out differently their are quite a few candiates for the "mysterious man." Except Martouf of course
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

This was a really enjoyable episode. Very well done IMO.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      Sam has been with quite a few men over the years. Given these are alternate realities where things play out differently their are quite a few candiates for the "mysterious man." Except Martouf of course
                      Actually, Sam only dated Pete, but we met her ex, Jonas Hanson and we know she has romantic feelings for Jack. That's it. The rest of her alien admirers were just that, admirers and it never went any further than that (the kiss with Narim was more out of the blue than anything else seeing how it wasn't even followed up on). The guys on SG-1 on the other hand have been with several women throughout the years. Sam is the one who's had the least relationships/flings.
                      Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                      Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                      On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Wish we could have seen a room full of Daniels too...I bet they were dying to all get together and discuss "Meaning of Life Stuff"...*sighs*...I had a friend once who did an amazing signature for herself with about 13 of them all in the Briefing Room.... ...

Deeds xx
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                        MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Originally posted by discodiva View Post
                          Wish we could have seen a room full of Daniels too...I bet they were dying to all get together and discuss "Meaning of Life Stuff"...*sighs*...I had a friend once who did an amazing signature for herself with about 13 of them all in the Briefing Room.... ...

Deeds xx
                          Who knows, maybe a lot of them were (still/again) ascended at the time, or maybe they were afraid the dying-thing Daniel seems to have going is contagious!
                          Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                          Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                          On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Oh I think they were there...just not enough time time show 'em all.....seeing how many Sams and Cams there were I'm pretty sure there was a tonne of Daniels to spread around too!....

Deeds xx
                            sigpic

Comment

this was a great ep i loved it when Janet walked into the Briefing room
                              sigpic
                              Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

Me too...the scene between her, Daniel and Teal'c was probably my favourite part of the whole episode....although I believe in certain quarters of our thunking circle it was the beginning of the "Where's Cam's Pants" Campaign..and yes, I DO have a tee-shirt with that on!!..

But Janet...oh my heart breaks still when I think of the waste of that character....

Deeds xx
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X