No announcement yet.

Ripple Effect (913)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just rewatched this episode and man is it clunky. Especially the initial techno babble scene where she explains all 'the theory' of multiple universes as if they'd never encountered it before and then only tacked the 'quantum mirror' reference on as an after thought.

It's almost as bad as that Atlantis episode where she's really skeptically about the possibility of a real seer. Despite her experience with Jonas in Prophecy.
    sigpic
    Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      The writers change thier minds all the times and sometimes they didn't even agree on vague storylines like this one.
      Not JM, he's the most shipper-friendly Stargate exec

Comment

So...

1. Thing is...this was one of the few later S9 eps I actually read the synopsis of later on so I was reasonably well spoiled.

2. Can't blame Daniel for being sceptical...they didn't come through the mirror.

3. Black SG1...not evil but...pretty cynical. Still, better to need a ZPM and not have it than have it and not need it.

4. Good to see Janet one last time though.

Certainly better than the last ep.
        I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by siles View Post
          Not JM, he's the most shipper-friendly Stargate exec
          So? Its largely irrelvent that JM is a shipper. It still leads the identity vague
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
            A lab full of Carters working on solving the problem, that was hilarious, loved the one with the glasses, reminiscent of 'geeky Sam'!
            I wonder, if she might have been the same sam from Mobeus...

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
            Maybe he's color blind?
            He wouldn't have been allowed in.. I know plenty of mil people who got kicked out after finding out they were colorblind.

Who knows, maybe a lot of them were (still/again) ascended at the time, or maybe they were afraid the dying-thing Daniel seems to have going is contagious!
            Or maybe cause OF the dying/ascending/coming back thing they thought multiple daniels would have been a little too much.. BUT iirc didn't some of the teams (others) mention daniel had died..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
              He wouldn't have been allowed in.. I know plenty of mil people who got kicked out after finding out they were colorblind.
              RDA is color blind so technically Jack would be as well. Maybe that's why he doesn't have wings... But Landry does have wings so indeed it's highly unlikely the man is color blind.
              Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
              Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
              On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

RDA being colourblind has no bearing on Jack's vision and RDA has played pilots before I believe.
                I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
                  RDA being colourblind has no bearing on Jack's vision and RDA has played pilots before I believe.
                  He played a navy pilot in Emerald Point NAS (a prime-time soap) for one season.

Seaboe
                  If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
                    Only if you treat Jack like a real person. RDA doesn't magically get to see colors simply because he's playing a character that isn't color blind...
                    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Yea, but his character is told what colors are by the script.

Comment

I'm very colour blind but I can still see colours. I don't need a script to help me do it either. It's just certain shades that give me trouble. It's probably the same for RDA.

When this episode was first announced, I remember hoping that they would include Jonas on one of the alternate SG-1s and was fairly disappointed when they didn't. (However, they might have done in an alternate reality!) After Daniel returned, they more or less forgot that he even existed bar "Fallout" and the (very) occasional mention. He's probably my least favourite "SG-1" regular character but he's still a good character and, since variety is the spice of life, I like to imagine that there's an alternate reality out there where Daniel never retook human form and Jonas remained on SG-1 and fought the good fight as part of the team for years after the normal version returned to Kelowna.
                        Last edited by GusF; 04 April 2013, 03:39 PM.
                        Eugene V. Debs (1855-1926)

I have no country to fight for. My country is the Earth. I am a citizen of the world.

When great changes occur in history, when great principles are involved, as a rule the majority are wrong.

Comment

Just rewatched this episode. It's been a long time since I saw it,

I really really really wish Sam would have kissed Martouf/Lantash. I passionately hates Kvasir for interrupting them! And I really wished Martouf/Lantash and Janet would have stayed! And I wish we had heard Lantash!
                          sigpic

[Save Martouf/Lantash in the movies!] | My fics on Fanfiction.net | My fics on Symbiotica

Comment

This was definitely one of Season 9s best episodes IMO. I really should re-watch this soon, it has been far too long since I watched it.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Really liked this episode. The best part being having Janet back for a little while. Also liked the interrupted kiss.

I'm not a Jonas fan but I think they should have had him back for this one. Other than that I had no problems with this episode.

Comment

I thought the DID have a Jonas like character on one of the teams?

Comment

Working...
                                X