Ripple Effect (913)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
    Really? I totally missed that little bit of info, too!

LEE: and I'm thinking that the proximity of these realities in relation to each other…may account for the absence of the uh…entropic cascade failure…but…it still doesn't help us with the main problem… how do we reverse the process…
    sigpic
    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

LEE: and I'm thinking that the proximity of these realities in relation to each other…may account for the absence of the uh…entropic cascade failure…but…it still doesn't help us with the main problem… how do we reverse the process…
      Biggest. Handwave. EVER!
      Lol!
      Y'know, I would actually expect a closer proximity to increase the effect, not decrease it, but HANDWAVE!! ; )

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
        Really? I totally missed that little bit of info, too!
        i missed it as well i guess i should re watch this episode
        sigpic

Comment

I should, too, but its not one of my favorites. TPTB blew it big time by not asking RDA to come back for this episode. The character of Jack missing from all those realities was a glaring error as was not even bothering to mention him.
          sigpic
          Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

I should, too, but its not one of my favorites. TPTB blew it big time by not asking RDA to come back for this episode. The character of Jack missing from all those realities was a glaring error as was not even bothering to mention him.
            They did mention him. Woolsey told Sheppard that O'Neil had ordered him back to Earth to reun the Chair.

Comment

Originally posted by amconway View Post
              They did mention him. Woolsey told Sheppard that O'Neil had ordered him back to Earth to reun the Chair.
              That was in Enemy at the Gate. I'm talking about Ripple Effect . . .
              sigpic

Comment

That was in Enemy at the Gate. I'm talking about Ripple Effect . . .
                Yikes! Sorry! I'm talking on too many threads at once! Forgot where I was!

Comment

i agree jack should have been at lest mentioned in this episode but i don't think him coming back was going to happen after all he left altho i miss him in this season thats why i am finding it difficult to finish season 9 and 10
                  sigpic

Comment

i agree jack should have been at lest mentioned in this episode but i don't think him coming back was going to happen after all he left altho i miss him in this season thats why i am finding it difficult to finish season 9 and 10
                    My initial viewing of seasons 9 and 10 were somewhat marred by Jack's absence and the broader humor and high level of bickering involved with having Vala there, but I found that as the Ori storyline progressed, I liked it much better. I've also found that I like the whole thing better on repeat viewing than I did on the first go-round, probably because I wasn't expecting something different. These are very good actors, even if these two seasons are very different than the previous years. Hopefully, you will find the same.

Comment

i felt the sam thats why i haven't watched the 10th season but maybe i should try to watch it again and give it a chance maybe i will like u like it after the second time
                      Last edited by gateship15; 13 January 2009, 11:17 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

i will re watch it and keep an open mind then i will just give it a chance and see what happens. i do love this episode tho so thats a start
                        It's different enough that it can take a bit of adjustment! Ripple Effect is an excellent episode with all kinds of interesting implications.

Comment

i agree i also agree it takes adjusting deferentially since jack has been in stargate since the start but if i watch it again i may be able to do just that
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateship15 View Post
                            Oh, he absolutely didn't need to be IN the episode. I'd have been fine with him being mentioned. But, it seemed the showrunners at the time wanted to erase as much of him from existance as they could - and that included not mentioning the character when it would have been a perfect opening to do so.
                            sigpic

Comment

I think that is actually more the point than anything. It wasn't that RDA was missing but Jack was missing.

BUT with Martouf and Janet... It was still fulfilling.

But honestly, to those of you that are doubting... S9 and S10 are good. Give them another rewatch. Seriously.
                              Slidell and I are re-watching SG1. Why don't you join us? SGBFFF-SG1-Rewatchsigpic
                              You want to read Torn written by Slidell Yes... yes you do.

Comment

Rick as Exec producer had a lot of say in character direction and just plain voicing his opinion on what he thought would and wouldn't work or wouldn't make sense. That's really missing in the last two seasons.

I will re-watch at some point. It's just real tough for me to sit through them. I'm re-watching with a friend of mine from the beginning, and I'm eager to hear what she has to say when we get to the last two seasons. We're only on season 2 right now.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X