No announcement yet.

Ripple Effect (913)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To further prove my Stargate obsession, I stayed up till 11:30pm last night when I had to get up at 5:20am this morning to catch the bus to study (I was watching Ripple Effect...twice) I know...I know. I think the return of Martouf may have had something to do with that (since there isn't a thunk thread for Martouf *pants ferociously*, I'll dump my thunk here! )
    "Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand!" Mark Twain (1835-1910)
    "But you see, just because we've been dealt a certain hand doesn't mean we can't choose to rise above it. To conquer the boundaries of a destiny none of us wanted. To try and retain whatever essential humanity we can." ~Edward from Twilight
    Historic Connections Ancient history resources business my Dad runs...go check it out

Comment

I enjoyed this episode the same way as others have said when they gathered all the sam's in the room.

Overall i really enjoyed this episode cant really say much about how good it was as it has already been mentioned by others before me

Comment

Are the people in the control room of the SGC chosen for their inability to tell the difference between black and green uniforms?

Apart from that, the best episode so far. Some good little technical details, like the interactions between the Sams, and when Landry called for Major Carter and they all looked round, very good.

One other minor thing. If BB is going to wander around in his undies again, can they please put up a warning so I can send my daughter out of the room?
        She is now a firm fan of BB, for all the wrong reasons!
        sigpic

Comment

Here's an interesting thought: how do ascended beings like the ancients and the Ori perceive alternate universes? Can a person be ascended in one universe but not the other? Can an ascended being travel across multiple universes? Are the ascended ancients and Ori in this universe the same ascended ancients and Ori in the other universes? If not, it is possible that the Ori have been defeated in one of the other parallel realities. It would be very interesting to see what the ancients knew about parallel realities and whether or not they managed to develop technologies to communicate or travel to those other realities. Perhaps the black SG-1 team used an ancient technology from Atlantis or something Merlin dreamt up to view what was going on in our universe... Perhaps using a variation of the dimension shifting technology used to discover the existence of the weapon merlin was creating to fight the Ori. The obvious plot point here is simple: given the theory that there may be an infinite number of parallel universes, it is obvious that in at least one of those universes, the Ori have been defeated.

Comment

You know........ watching it again right now, as I spea-..... type.

This episode isn't very good.

I mean, the acting is good as it always is, it's wonderful seeing Janet again... but that's it.

The plotholes are just too numerous and too big..... and the whole story is suffocating under the weight of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Bragi
              You know........ watching it again right now, as I spea-..... type.

This episode isn't very good.

I mean, the acting is good as it always is, it's wonderful seeing Janet again... but that's it.

The plotholes are just too numerous and too big..... and the whole story is suffocating under the weight of them.
              Really? Interesting, because I really liked this one. In fact, I find it more enjoyable every time I watch it. To each their own, I guess.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                Really? Interesting, because I really liked this one. In fact, I find it more enjoyable every time I watch it. To each their own, I guess.
                I'd have to agree here. I really liked Ripple Effect, even though the plotholes are once again massive. Butch!SG-1 makes up for that. They should have their own show

Comment

What plotholes?

Comment

Why would none on the 'alternate' SG1's have Jack still in it.

Comment

This has been done to great extent, please use the search. Why would Jack be there? Nothing says he should, and as for the actuall answer, RDA wants to spend time with his daughter rather than working on constant cameos, and I for one respect that.
                      Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                      - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by RuleBritannia
                        Why would none on the 'alternate' SG1's have Jack still in it.
                        To be blunt because RDA has quit the show. That's it. Acting is basically done except for the voice shots on Simpsons and maybe a Mastercard ad. He wants to stay local to L.A. Jack has left the building. That's it. Nada. I think he *might* reappear if the show finally got its cancellation notice and he could written into the last episode in a meaningful way, and not just to have him there.

Comment

I LOVE this ep! Did you see the look on Daniels face when he saw her? It was like- WOW! And Martouf and sam almost kissed! WOW! - Forever!

Spoiler:

MCSHEP FOREVER!!!!!!!!
                          Sheppard <3's Rodney! YAY! LOLS!
                          Happily floating in Mckay Heaven <3
                          sigpic

Comment

IMO this ep has the potential to be really funny like Urgo and WoO, think about it, lods of SG1s turning up, lods of Sams in one place, TPTB missed a great oppintunity
                            Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Yet, at the same time, other people would complain about too much comedy or they wasted an opportunity with Janet by turning the episode into one.. though, I, along with others who've already voiced this, saw that they DID waste Janet in this episode. Well, can't please everyone!

Comment

I happen to feel that this is easily one of the 10 best episodes of SG-1 ever, with an incredible ammount of thought put into the physics of it all, very smart dialogue, and excellent use of the characters. Shame the deleted scenes had to be deleted, though, they were all excellent.

Comment

Working...
                                X