No announcement yet.

Ripple Effect (913)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are your favorite funny scenes from Ripple Effect? One of mine is Kvasir tries to give the two SG-1 teams a pep talk but it was really pretty lame. Then he pauses and says "well, good luck to you all" and beams out of there to safety. I also loved when Kvasir made a huge point of telling Sam that he wanted the bomb back after she used it, and she had to go "okay, you'll get it back." LOL

What are your favorite funny moments?

Comment

Originally posted by ShardsofGlass
      What are your favorite funny scenes from Ripple Effect? One of mine is Kvasir tries to give the two SG-1 teams a pep talk but it was really pretty lame. Then he pauses and says "well, good luck to you all" and beams out of there to safety. I also loved when Kvasir made a huge point of telling Sam that he wanted the bomb back after she used it, and she had to go "okay, you'll get it back." LOL

I loved those scenes too.
      The clincher to the first Kvasir scene too was Daniels "I miss Thor". That made me LOL because I was thinking they were thinking that.
      Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Does he really care about chulak anymore? I mean he doesn't have any family there anymore. Ry'ack lives who knows where with his wife...plus he was born and raised on another planet and moved to Chulak after his father was killed.

Comment

Y'know, there is a perfectly good episode thread in the Season Nine folder, which is where this whole discussion should be.
          My LiveJournal.

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.
          -Frank A. Clark

An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?
          -Michel de Saint-Pierre

Now, there's this about cynicism. It's the universe's most supine moral position. Real comfortable. If nothing can be done, then you're not some kind of **** for not doing it, and you can lie there and stink to yourself in perfect peace.
          -Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Borders of Infinity"

Comment

How can they all be in the same reality. We already istablished that the same two people can't take up space in the same reality cause a one to phase shift or something like that.
            *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
            *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
            *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
            *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
            *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
            *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
            *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Yeah yeah yeah, but there's a topic for this already. "913 Ripple Effect." It's in the Episodes forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia
                Yeah yeah yeah, but there's a topic for this already. "913 Ripple Effect." It's in the Episodes forum.
                Ryu,
                Is it necessary to be mean to everyone. This person is obviously new and your jumping down their throat already. Ease up bud!

Welcome Daniel_Shanks... I agree it was a very good episode. You will probably feel more at home in the Season 9 episodes section. Some really good discussions are going on right now about "Ripple Effect" you should go and check it out.

Comment

How bout the scene when tehy were using a weapon on the Stargate and Kvasir had to remind them that the Asgard wanted the weapon back
                  Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

I Don't know, I think our T'eal'c gets irratated at Mitchell too.

Comment

I don't know why, but one thing that really cracked me up was when all the Carter's were in the one room together and the black Carter came up with a coffee pot right on the other Carter's face and went "Coffee?" really brusquely. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by LORD MONK
                        How can they all be in the same reality. We already istablished that the same two people can't take up space in the same reality cause a one to phase shift or something like that.
                        i believe the lack of cascade failure was explained in the show. something to do with realities being similar that it wasn't effecting them or something like that

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zamboni
                          Umm, when did the MK2 stop working? All the generators kept working until the Wraith blew them up.
                          Watch the end of Siege 2 when, you know, it stopped working.

Oh yes... Dependable like the one in Atlantis. Let me recite: McKay: "OMGZ we're all gonna die we used up the ZPM help!!! Where's my coffee!? I want coffee!!!"
                          Right...

How old are you?

Right... In desperation they said "let's forget about the Nox, the Asgards, and the Tok'ra. They don't have anything that generates power of any kind, in fact they all live in the woods! Let's gate to some alternate universe and fool around until we (maybe) find a ZPM."
                          And you know they're still alive in that universe...how?

Yes we do. SG1 would sacrifice themselves in one last stand (like they did Apophis and replicator and Baal), not run away and steal stuff (like the NIC, and the Trust).
                          They may be heroic, but they're not stupid. If they knew for sure that their sacrifice would somehow beat the Ori, I'm sure they would've done it.

However, they also know that, if they have a ZPM, it would help a lot more. So, choose: keeping your morals and let the Earth get blown up, or let go of your morals and SAVE THE WORLD.

I guess it all boils down to SG1 not having that choice when dealing with Apophis, Ba'al, or the replicators. The "black" SG1 had that choice, and they choose the one that will save their world at the end.

Comment

I liked it.

Comment

Originally posted by ShardsofGlass

Both of those moments were great. I also liked the pep talk that Asgard gave to SG-1 then beamed out.

Comment

Sam and
                                Spoiler:
                                Martouf lean in for a snog...and look down to see Kvasir staring up at them.

When Daniel says
                                Spoiler:
                                "I miss Thor"
                                ...I reckon most of the audience would think the same thing.

Daniel's comment about
                                Spoiler:
                                "plenty more where we came from" regarding the possible death of both SG-1 teams...
                                morbid but funny.

Comment

Working...
                                X