The Fourth Horseman, Part 1 (910)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mentalmichael
    I liked this ep a lot. We learn that the Ori are (surprise surprise) even more evil than we thought, and it's a good cliff hanger. I didn't like Orlin coming back as a kid though. I thought the actor did a good job, but why bother?
    Orlin was needed for the plot, but Sean Patrick Flanery, who played Orlin in Ascension, was unavailable. Using a kid was an easy and creative way to use the same character with a different actor.
    SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

Originally posted by cafine_us
      Orlin was needed for the plot, but Sean Patrick Flanery, who played Orlin in Ascension, was unavailable. Using a kid was an easy and creative way to use the same character with a different actor.
      Oh ok, fair enough then. Plus it led to us watching a 10 year old declaring his love for sam!
      Don't you want to look beyond the horizon?

In the 2 hours and 14 minutes that Torri Higginson was online, there were 272 posts in the Elizabeth Weir Wow Thread. I was responsible for 2 of them. (Oh yeah and Gateworld crashed, but that's not important)

Please click here to feed the hungry, protect endangered land, and help fight breast cancer without spending a penny (inspired by the Whistler 84 in Memoriam thread)

Comment

Originally posted by mentalmichael
        Oh ok, fair enough then. Plus it led to us watching a 10 year old declaring his love for sam!
        -shudders- Probably the most disturbin' part of that episode...lol, all in all, i'd give it a 9/10 looses a point for the kid actor though (yes, I know it was a...necesity )

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
          This has been mentioned WAY too many times before, and it's getting kinda old. Everyone's a critic, but this is just ridiculous.

While I admit that the actor seems to get similar roles all the time, it's been said that Bright based his performance off of SPF's original portrayal, and I think he was cast specifically for his style. Flannery did it MUCH the same way three years ago.

I'm with the fifth man: Putting down the actor is not good at all...

according to this ep sam had an intimate relationship with orlin? did he bang her? i have't gotten to that ep yet but did he?

Comment

Originally posted by NakedJehutyV2
            according to this ep sam had an intimate relationship with orlin? did he bang her? i have't gotten to that ep yet but did he?
            Sort of ... in an ascended kind of way (lot's of white light enveloping Sam )
            I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

Sort of like Ascended Ancient Mind-melding, sharing with her his emotions and feelings for her.
              Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

What an ep WHAT AN EP

and i ahve to wait a whole week to see part 2 next Thurs the Four Hoursemen Part 2 i can't WAIT
                Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffer
                  What an ep WHAT AN EP

and i ahve to wait a whole week to see part 2 next Thurs the Four Hoursemen Part 2 i can't WAIT
                  THAT WAS AWSOME!!! I just saw it too. I was practically screaming when it said "TO BE CONTINUED". It felt like only ten minutes had gone by.....and Gerak becoming a Prior.....I was SO glad to have avoided spoilers. The guest cast was wonderful! I'm practically jumping with excitement for next Thursday- it's gonna be a LONG week.
                  Last edited by Trek_Girl42; 12 January 2006, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Things definately picked up with this ep.

It's a shame that they didn't bring back Orlin as he was before, but perhaps the actor wasn't available.

A little slow, as most part 1s tend to be, but the story built up nicely to the end.
                    sigpic

Comment

What a great episode!!
                      I love the part where Sam comes into the lab and Dr lee has his full blast rock music on,sooo coool.
                      And the bit where Orlin turns up,especially the cantene part...very cool but at the same time I cringed.
                      A well respected member of:

http://www.theamandatappingclub.net/
                      Check out my newest made forum!

http://forum.hopto.org/board/index.php

Comment

I loved it was a fantastic ep overall with enough character development for everyone,Carter had to deal with Orlin, Mitchell finding people infected by the virus,Teal'c with JN, Daniel, Landry & Lam with the whole situation.
                        It was great to see Gen. Hammond & Bra'tac I miss them so much,
                        Spoiler:
                        the very end when Gerak came into the room as a Prior that was a great SG1 moment.

IMO this episode had the most fullness of the whole season I can't wait till part 2.

10/10 best ep of season

Comment

i finally watched this episode yesterday! It was great, except for one part...

in the opening sequence (the "previously on stargate SG-1" bit), they should use SPOILERS tags!!!!
                          The fact that we were reminded of a scene from the episode with Orlin, just gave a clue that the mysterious distorted-camera-angle viewer that was looking at Sam must be no one else than Orlin! it was too obvious...
                          On the other hand, the episode was very instructive.

Comment

Originally posted by Snork View Post
                            I though the whole science vs religion thing between the Alterans and the Ori was kind of dumb and blatant. I also didn't like the explanation that the Ori magically get more power the more people that worship them. I though that was kind of a lame explanation; I was hoping for something more climactic. That said, I'm glad that Gossett was able to show the internal strife Gerak had going on while converting. It wouldn't have been so clean-cut.

Actually it is good because it explains the ori's cause for converting the universe to origin. and then we later learn that with the saangraal that they needed power so they can destroy the ancients. mabye the ori knew about the saangraal and then started the holy crusade.
                            your new guide to stargate news.
                            www.stargatenews.mypodcast.com

Master Control Radio
                            www.mastercontrol.mypodcast.com

Comment

How would they have known about it? Even daniel did not until later on..

Comment

Originally posted by Arative View Post
                                Mitchell absolutely did the right thing in telling those two to STFU. Lam should have thier respect because one these days, she might be saving thier lives.
                                Appreciating her beauty has nothing to do with appreciating her medical prowess.

Originally posted by Arative View Post
                                And of course the whole sexual harrassment thing. I'm sure when your at work, you wouldn't want someone making some crude comment like that about you and the boss doing nothing about it.
                                If someone found me attractive yes, i most certainly would want to know about. There was nothing pejorative about that.

Comment

Working...
                                X