No announcement yet.

The Fourth Horseman, Part 1 (910)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good, Strong episode some funny scenes with Dr Lee and the music, and good to get some insight on the Ori's past.

Glad to see Hammond and Bratak back, and Orlin bit weird seeing him as a kid though. And a good ending with Gerak seeing him as a Prior.

Look forward to the follow up.

STARGATE ATLANTIS'S
    legacy continues with New Movies

Visit my new Stargate Atlantis Blog @

http://stephenswords.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by beale947
      WHat a great episode. And what a cliffhanger. Can't wait till next week, coz im in the Uk
      Haha me to, but EVIL Sky One are making us wait till the 10th
      Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
      - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
        Haha me to, but EVIL Sky One are making us wait till the 10th
        Oh well, the suspence won't kill me. I hope.

Hallowed are the Ori

Joe Mallozzi: "Like my grandmother used to say: Whenever a gate closes, a hyperspace window opens…"

Comment

The tenth? That's next month! AAAAARGH.

This one was very good. I liked the use of Orlin. I almost always like it when long-forgotten characters return, but when they fit as well into the story as Orlin did yesterday, that's a bonus. What he said about the Ori makes them more sinister and also makes the whole Ori/Prior/Worshipper setup more believable. It even redeems the Ascended Ancients a lot - their reason for adhering so rigidly to their Prime Directive suddenly becomes clear.

I liked the title, cos it basically says "a plague breaks loose". Usually I like surprises, but sometimes it's more fun to watch something with a sense of encroaching doom .

It was a wonderfully ensemble-ish ep. Each of SG-1, Lam, Landry and Lee got their slice of the action, and Hammond and Bra'tac were welcome cameos. For the first time I got through an entire ep without Landry irritating me, which might have been cos the story was so gripping or maybe I'm developing a tolerance for him - but either way, .

There were a lot of close-ups of Sam. Sam's looking much older all of a sudden, but very beautiful. Not many women get more beautiful with age, but AT seems to be managing it. Either that or she's got a better make-up artist this season.

Is it January yet?

Madeleine

Comment

That was a great ep. But SKY is being turned off at our house cos we can't afford it so I have to wait until the DVD to find out what's gonna happen... Life's a *****!!!
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

This was very good. We had a long-forgotten character return and the fact that they fit as well into the story as Orlin did makes is extra special. We seem to find more out about the Ancients in every episode which makes the Ori seem bader and bader each episode. The Ori/Prior/Worshipper was a slight shock but makes some great possibilities.
              It involoved some of the best actors on SG-1 with Lam, Landry, Lee, Hammond and Bra'tac all getting air time. There were a lot of close-ups of Sam. Great Cliffhanger ending, can't wait until January

The Fourth Horseman, Part 1 recieves a S.G.C rating of 8 out of 9 Chevrons!

Comment

I just wish the Ori didn't go from 3-dimensional evil guys to 2-dimensional "suck the faith out of followers" monsters.

Still enjoying it though.

Comment

So, I've been sick since Tuesday, right. And they get to Four Horseman today, and I have pretty much those exact symptoms! I have Prior Plague!
                  "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                  "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                  BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by IMForeman
                    So, I've been sick since Tuesday, right. And they get to Four Horseman today, and I have pretty much those exact symptoms! I have Prior Plague!
                    That really sucks for you!

I loved this episode for every reason that's already been mentioned. Can't wait til the 6th o' January.

Sorry Sky One viewers.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnquixote
                      Can't wait til the 6th o' January.
                      Man do I hear that. I never thought it would get here, but it really isn't that far off anymore. The 6th of January, yes, it will be a blessed day.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Damn. I'm getting better. Guess it's not Prior Plague. I was so hoping for a trip to the SGC.
                        "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                        "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                        BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

I don't think we'd want it considering the spoilers I've been reading.
                          Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

I like the revelation of what Origin really means for followers. It was inevitable that the Ori would have an ulterior motive (hey - they're bad guys. That means they always have an ulterior motive ), and surprise, surprise, it's a biggy. They wanna wipe out the Ancients - and they're using a hokey religion to do it. Talk about bad taste...

I also enjoyed the way that Orlin was trying to interact with Sam - despite being a kiddie, he still fancies her! Now that's what I call uncomfortable!

And what a cliffhanger! The look on Bra'tac's and Teal'c's faces was an utter picture.

The only good thing about having to wait until January is that I don't have to hope like hell that the Gatwick Premier Travelodge has Sky One...

Roll on Part 2
                            sigpic

Comment

My dad thought that they rushed this plot line too much, but I think that they did need to explain why the Ori are so interested in us, especially after Daniel had popped the question back in The Powers That Be. It was a good move to go for it in this summer finale rather then the season finale, or too many people would've thought they were never gonna answer the question.
                              Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

I liked this ep a lot. We learn that the Ori are (surprise surprise) even more evil than we thought, and it's a good cliff hanger. I didn't like Orlin coming back as a kid though. I thought the actor did a good job, but why bother?

Best moment though was when Mitchell + the others were ambushed, and Mitchell just instantly reacted and started kicking ass. Admittedly he didn't win, but it was still cool to see that his experience in Babylon will continue to be useful. More hand to hand stuff!
                                Don't you want to look beyond the horizon?

In the 2 hours and 14 minutes that Torri Higginson was online, there were 272 posts in the Elizabeth Weir Wow Thread. I was responsible for 2 of them. (Oh yeah and Gateworld crashed, but that's not important)

Please click here to feed the hungry, protect endangered land, and help fight breast cancer without spending a penny (inspired by the Whistler 84 in Memoriam thread)

Comment

Working...
                                X