The Powers That Be (905)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EvilSpaceAlien View Post
    Vala was brilliant in this episode! Every comedic line she said was delivered perfectly and the scene when Vala is imprisoned and Mitchell comes to tell her that the villagers are holding a trial is a perfect example of that.
    couldn't agree more.
    I love Vala, she's terrific.
    I haven't seen any episodes past this one (yet) as I'm watching Season 9 and 10 for the first time, but I can only hope that Vala stays a regular or recurring character throughout both series'
    "I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe... and I wanna eat pie!"
    Twitter | Myspace | Facebook | Youtube | Steam | Last.fm | Flixster | Fazz's Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Galluslass View Post
      Well, this ep was...well, it was OK. Certainly gave us an insight into how bad a$$ the Ori are, and how ingenious SG1 are gonna have to be to beat them.
      Thoroughly sick of Vala and her wise cracks - and DJ and Mitchell's roll-eyed looks. It was OK the first ep, OK for the 2nd, but now wears a bit thin for me.
      5/10 for this one.
      I have to agree. I am just not liking Vala.
      sigpic

Comment

I really like this episode a lot. I think Vala is a great character, and I love how exasperated the guys get with her, hahaha. It was also a great episode for character growth for Vala, which was necessary to get to the next episode.
        sigpic
        Much thanks to Snowball for the banner! Many thanks to Cazzblade for the avatar!!
        I'm a 60%er!
        ~~~Iawen~~~

Comment

Vala's getting a bit better here. If she'd just tone down the sex a bit further... I hated the way those former Qetesh slaves started to worship the Ori instead.
          sigpic

Comment

My LiveJournal post

...Looks like the rewatch is getting a little less enthusiastic now...
            "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
            "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
            "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
            "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
            >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Another average episode.

So now, the Ori are a significant threat. And Lam is Landry's Daughter.

Monday, Sam is back (yay).
              sigpic

Comment

Average ep. Vala nearly gets executed for pretending to be a Goa'uld. Naughty Vala.

Michael's acting has gotten even better this season I reckon. He has always been a good actor but now he's even better. Still not used to that facial hair.

Lam was pretty mean to Landry. I think Daniel won the battle of minds with the prior. So the prior just went ahead and played dirty by making everyone sick.
                sigpic

Comment

It would have been interesting to see what would have happened had the Prior NOT sickened everyone... Whether Vala's or Daniels words would have made a difference..

Comment

Yep, that Prior was definitely a bad loser! The one good bit about the Ori thing was the war of words Daniel had with them always.

Still baffles me why Vala would have an outfit with a built in Goa'uld voice synthesizer left on the planet which she lorded over when possessed by Que'tesh.

Comment

I liked this episode. Not because of Vala admitting her deception as potraying her time as a false god but more of the personal battle with the Prior. We did not really get that much of them in Origin so this was a nice follow up to see Daniel and the Prior to have a war of words on the basis of religion. I felt like it helped raise a lot of questions and answers on why the Ori act why they do and how far they will go to get people to worship them. How dedicated the Ori are to getting people to worship them, has the plague the Prior unleashed making sense. I just have trouble relating this plague to the Ancient plague and making it of Ori origin. It doesn't make sense historical when the Ancient plague started. One thing I love about these later seasons is how less episodic Stargate is. The episode doesn't end on a good note or really end. The Ori have won this planet and we still don't know how to fight this disease. It makes for suspensful and entertaining television.
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                        Yep, that Prior was definitely a bad loser! The one good bit about the Ori thing was the war of words Daniel had with them always.

Still baffles me why Vala would have an outfit with a built in Goa'uld voice synthesizer left on the planet which she lorded over when possessed by Que'tesh.
                        I would like to know where that voice thingy was stashed in that outfit. There didn't seem to be much to the outfit. Other than the boots she was wearing, which were pretty substantial and definitely didn't go with the dress.

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post

Perhaps she felt that in her runnings around after the Tok'ra remove Que'tesh, she felt he needed something to fall back on for appearance sake..

The episode doesn't end on a good note or really end. The Ori have won this planet and we still don't know how to fight this disease. It makes for suspensful and entertaining television.
                          That to me is one of the biggest reasons i loved S9 and 10.. for the first time we were not just the underdogs but at a massive disadvantage...

Comment

I'd actually given up on SG1 at this point so this isn't technically a Rewatch for me...

1. "Anyone that's trusts 'you' is in grave danger"

2. I'd actually thought this was a flashback ep, I didn't think Vala would actually be posing as Qetesh in the present day.

3. Using Goa'uld powers as a weapon for good...show's how desperate our guys are getting.

4. And here's where we find out Landry and Lam are father and daughter. Of course having seen most of S10 I already knew this.

5. Did not expect the former administrator to show up again - presume he must have been briefed by the Doci about Daniel.

6. Our guys got taken to the cleaners...spectacularly. HS!

Good ep though.
                            I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

As for whether Jack would have improved SG1's chances, I'm not sure I mean yeah he would have been an Earth wire for Daniel but would that have really made must of a difference?
                              I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

This seemed average to me. The whole Vala-is-a-god story didn't do it for me.

And I just don't like the way her character was written in, to start with.

We found out the Ori made the plague that killed off the Ancients.

Comment

Working...
                                X