No announcement yet.

The Powers That Be (905)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I loved this episode, just as I have loved the previous ones.
    Everything is just great, I can't think of one single thing that I don't like.
    I love all the plots and all the characters. I never though anyone could replace my lovely Janet Frasier but I really like Dr Lam, especially now that we see there's a connection with Landry! I thought that scene was played out great.

Oh yeah, one thing: why do I feel like Chris Judge isn't acting as well as he had previously? THat's weird because I really know he can act, there's just something off with him this season...
    Gaterelle

Comment

Originally posted by DarkQuee1
      I'm sorry, but I don't see how it can be even suggested that they won them over by being saviors in a crisis, since they created the crisis in the first place. They didn't win them over by "saving lives"; they "won" them over by beating them over the head with a plague until they cracked.
      I'm with you on this one! It's rather evil to make ppl sick and then heal them, just to play gods.
      Gaterelle

Comment

Well this was certainly an interesting episode. A nice episode for Vala, shame she isn't going to be a regular now, she's been a fantastic character. It was also nice to see that the Ori aren't going to be a push over. Really liking the new season now.
        sigpic
        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I enjoyed it, it gave more mystery on the Ori and gave an impression that they mean business. It didnt surprise me that they couldnt be stopped by a gun LOL!.

It also seems that they were focusing on Daniel and Vala AGAIN, and more light was shed on Landry and Lam's relationship which was a plus.

STARGATE ATLANTIS'S
          legacy continues with New Movies

Visit my new Stargate Atlantis Blog @

http://stephenswords.blogspot.com

Comment

Wow...good episode

Didnt like how there was no explanation to Teal'c being there (unless I missed it) but had good drama, some nice subtle comedy bits...definitely showed the power of the Ori, nice touch with the Prior being the guy who burned Vala too.

Good Episode...Am really loving this season

Comment

I liked it too, but i am with Serebii, we needed some explanation behind Teal'c being there. Daniel had some good moments, and I liked the caring side of Vala that came through. And does Mitchell have a catchphrase already?
              "Let's pretend I didn't say that" Thats twice he has said it now in 5 episodes (maybe more if I didnt here one)

Yay 300th post
              Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
              - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Is it just me or does the Ori story get better each week? Seriously as each week progresses I get to liking them more.

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
                  Well this was certainly an interesting episode. A nice episode for Vala, shame she isn't going to be a regular now, she's been a fantastic character. It was also nice to see that the Ori aren't going to be a push over. Really liking the new season now.

I think you'll see her again in season 10. Nothing official but I have a feeling...

Comment

That was a really cool episode.

I really got the feeling that the Orii are a great threat from this one - more so than before. It is good to see that the Orii are not all about bigger weapons, faster ships and better technology. The Priors are really becoming quite chilling with their religious rhetoric.
                    I loved the part when Daniel is trying to figure out why the Orii are doing what they are doing. With the Goa'uld, it was all about power and aquisition, whether that be the aquisition of technology, or the aquisition of slaves and territories. The Orii have no need for these things as they are already very powerful and have no real need of slaves.
                    I mean, how exactly do you fight them? They don't come in guns blazing, or send thousands of warriors to attack you, they use their technology even more deceptively than the Goa'uld did, to convince people to worship them.

I was slightly worried before the season started that the Orii were just going to replace the Goa'uld as the next power-hungry race of beings, but I don't get that feeling at all anymore.

I'm really looking forward to seeing where this is going.
                    Last edited by the_ozman; 08 November 2005, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Its sad when you think about the fact this is the last but one episode with Vala in, she has become part of the team, but next week we get Sam back!
                      The Ori are here, their large and they demand worship from the peoples in this Galaxy, this episode shows a rare sight in SG-1 episodes and that was we don't always win something that is touched on enough in Stargate in my opinion
                      Daniel was on fine form, debating with the Prior and then the Prior twisting everthing he says and using it to show that the Ori are powerfull, this episode touched on the philosophical point of view on the Ori, how they use the knowledge they have gained by ascencion to inflluence the belifs of those on a lower plain of exsisitence.
                      In essences this episode was showing the powers the Ori had given their Priors and that they are indeed a force to be reckoned with.

This in my opinion was a calm episode, which touched on everything we need to know about the Ori, at least this way we can get to the action latter on!

The Powers That Be gets a S.G.C Rating of 8 out of 9 Chevrons

Comment

How to increase your base of believers:

1) Appear through the gate and offer a 'new' religion.
                        2) if people don't buy it, make them all start dying until the survivors capitulate and beg for help.
                        3) 'magically' cure and resurrect the lot of them.

Hey Presto! New worshippers! Brrr...

An interesting interpretation of 'Free will' there!

Wow! Vala has a conscience! Sort of.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka's_Mum
                          How to increase your base of believers:

1) Appear through the gate and offer a 'new' religion.
                          2) if people don't buy it, make them all start dying until the survivors capitulate and beg for help.
                          3) 'magically' cure and resurrect the lot of them.

Hey Presto! New worshippers! Brrr...

An interesting interpretation of 'Free will' there!

Wow! Vala has a conscience! Sort of.
                          Yup. It's kinda buried down under the toughness and *ahem* "whole sexual... thing." Hope we get to see lots, lots more of her in the coming season(s?).
                          Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Well, this ep was...well, it was OK. Certainly gave us an insight into how bad a$$ the Ori are, and how ingenious SG1 are gonna have to be to beat them.
                            It also gave me a heads up on a few storylines possible for S10 through the Ori's ability to bring people back to life. What I mean is, we had that get out clause with the sarcophagus (sp) and the ascension.....I'm kinda thinkin' that this Ori' 'taker and giver of life' thing is somehow going to bring a few members of SG1 back from the dead. Maybe not.

Thoroughly sick of Vala and her wise cracks - and DJ and Mitchell's roll-eyed looks. It was OK the first ep, OK for the 2nd, but now wears a bit thin for me.
                            5/10 for this one.
                            Never go to bed angry. Stay up and plot your revenge!

Comment

I am still loving Vala's wisecracks, they were one of the things that made this episode great IMO, especially the:
                              DJ: He's doing his best
                              V: Thats wat scares me
                              (or something along those lines)
                              Daniel and Mitcell have not really interacted as well as I had hoped, perhaps when Vala leaves, and Sam returns

If we are giving this a rating, 8/9 chevrons (thanks for the rating idea SGC )
                              AND it bumps Meridian out of my top five episodes.
                              Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                              - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

It's Vala's =dry humor which adds something to the episodes.
                                sigpic
                                Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Working...
                                X