Moebius, Part 2 (820)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GaterGeek
    Moebius Part 2 and even part 1 are two of my favorite episodes. I had the same initial reaction as you did at first though. I was so confused by the whole time travelling thing. I hated it. But once I got that all figured out I didn't mind it so much. In a way we are watching an AU SG1, but they're still the same people. Jack just has fish in his pond now.... But I did think that AT overplayed the whole nerdy thing. It got a little better as the episodes went on. But I highly enjoyed MS. He played his part perfectly.
    Yes I totally agree with you on the acting. I find that Carter often overacts Daniel is a great actor 98% of the time.
    sigpic

Comment

that episode was crap for a ending they could of made the whole episode better more action and crap like that ow well what is done is done

Comment

I guess this is another 'marmite' episode. People either like it or hate it.

Call me superficial (though I'd prefer it if you called me Chaka's Mum ), but I just sat back and let myself be carried along by it all, and therefore enjoyed it as bit of a fun romp after the incredible sound and fury of Reckoning and the deep introspection of Threads.

I thought the leaping fish was a cute little fillip to the whole 'they did it - they realigned the timeline!' thing. Okay - I admit it. I'm easy to please.
        sigpic

Comment

I liked the first part a little more, but I enjoyed this too. It set up a good ending for the series, although they did continue. Not the best of the series, but a good episode.

Comment

I've officially got the Giza Pyramids with Ra's ship and the stargate as my desktop backfground now, lol

I loved this ep, it was almost as good as 'Full Circle' and that's my favourite
            I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
            Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by GaterGeek
              Moebius Part 2 and even part 1 are two of my favorite episodes. I had the same initial reaction as you did at first though. I was so confused by the whole time travelling thing. I hated it. But once I got that all figured out I didn't mind it so much. In a way we are watching an AU SG1, but they're still the same people. Jack just has fish in his pond now.... But I did think that AT overplayed the whole nerdy thing. It got a little better as the episodes went on. But I highly enjoyed MS. He played his part perfectly.
              I agree. While most people seem to hate Mobieus, I love it. I love all the Sam/Jack goodness! I love the hand-touching in Part 1, and of course, all the making out in the end of Part 2.

Besides Threads (of course) this is my favorite Season 8 ep.
              my lovely avatar is courtesy of Lies, SamJackShipLover

Comment

i loved moebius, i thought they were great.

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Originally posted by GaterGeek View Post
                  I know this is old but you guys have it all wrong. The SG-1 at the end of teh episode was our SG-1, the same one we had been watching for 8 years. "But...but the fish???" I hear you saying. Well, remember one very important thing. Jack said there were no fish in the pond just before being proven wrong. Why is this so important? Because it proves that it is the same SG-1. Why? Because he has lived in this reality all his life (even if he is an alternate Jack he has still been in this universe for his whole life) and he thought there were no fish in the pond, just like "our" Jack. So it is the same Jack, nothing was changed. There were always fish in the pond, but Jack never knew it. The SG-1 in the beginning was the alternate one and then they set things on course to create "our" SG-1 which is the one we saw fishing at the end.

Comment

This was a fun episode to watch once or twice. I own the DVD sets through Season 8 and doubt I will ever watch Moebius unless pressured to by a guest or something. I absolutely hate the idea of time travel in a show - I don't think it makes for a very good story line if they go back. I did love Kansas in Farscape though, that was a good use of time travel.

What a shame it looks like the second DVD movie might have something to do with time travel. Tisk tisk.

Comment

Konman72 said:
                      I know this is old but you guys have it all wrong. The SG-1 at the end of teh episode was our SG-1, the same one we had been watching for 8 years. "But...but the fish???" I hear you saying. Well, remember one very important thing. Jack said there were no fish in the pond just before being proven wrong. Why is this so important? Because it proves that it is the same SG-1. Why? Because he has lived in this reality all his life (even if he is an alternate Jack he has still been in this universe for his whole life) and he thought there were no fish in the pond, just like "our" Jack. So it is the same Jack, nothing was changed. There were always fish in the pond, but Jack never knew it. The SG-1 in the beginning was the alternate one and then they set things on course to create "our" SG-1 which is the one we saw fishing at the end.
                      Weird. I don't recall Jack saying there were no fish in his pond right before being proven wrong. If I remember correctly, the first time they go fishing together (not in Moebius), Carter says they should have done this a long time ago and then she says to Jack, "There are no fish in this pond, are there?" or something to that effect and he pretty much agrees. At the end of Moebius we see the start of the same season and the line, "We should have done this a long time ago" but I *don't* think she has a line saying that there are no fish in the pond. When they were watching the video (near the end of the episode), Carter asks Jack, "Is that right?" And Jack replies, "If it is, we do nothing?" And she says yes, it means everything is as it should be. Cut to the fishing and seeing a fish jump. "I thought you said there were no fish in this pond?" "Close enough." My guess - Jack saw the video and realized the part about no fish was wrong, but didn't want to mess with it.

Sorry if this sounds like a jumbled mess. But those are my 3 cents.
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

Originally posted by meredithchandler73 View Post
                        Konman72 said:

Weird. I don't recall Jack saying there were no fish in his pond right before being proven wrong. If I remember correctly, the first time they go fishing together (not in Moebius), Carter says they should have done this a long time ago and then she says to Jack, "There are no fish in this pond, are there?" or something to that effect and he pretty much agrees. At the end of Moebius we see the start of the same season and the line, "We should have done this a long time ago" but I *don't* think she has a line saying that there are no fish in the pond. When they were watching the video (near the end of the episode), Carter asks Jack, "Is that right?" And Jack replies, "If it is, we do nothing?" And she says yes, it means everything is as it should be. Cut to the fishing and seeing a fish jump. "I thought you said there were no fish in this pond?" "Close enough." My guess - Jack saw the video and realized the part about no fish was wrong, but didn't want to mess with it.

Sorry if this sounds like a jumbled mess. But those are my 3 cents.
                        Not a jumbled mess, made sense

I thought the fish jump at the end implied the time line had been altered ever so slightly... everything appeared back to normal, no affect from their time travel, then a fish jumps in a previosly fishless pond...

Just thinking out loud
                        Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
                        Quint Studer

Comment

Loved this episode hated the ending it makes no sense.

Comment

loved the episode to.. Was great...........

http://galaxygate.freeforums.org/index.php
                            Come and join My Doctor Who fourm....
                            http://galactictraveler.proboards.com/index.cgi

Comment

The Eyptian dude (The one that his brother died), Is Felix Gaeta from BSG!! haha damn just found out lol...

Comment

Originally posted by Verona View Post
                                Loved this episode hated the ending it makes no sense.

The way to understand Time Paradox's is not to think about them their to confusing LOL!

STARGATE ATLANTIS'S
                                legacy continues with New Movies

Visit my new Stargate Atlantis Blog @

http://stephenswords.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                                X