Citizen Joe (815)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KayMan2k
    I am not sure if this was mentioned yet... when they first showed Joe working in his barber shop, you see a calendar turned to August 1997 - or as you probably know - the month and year of when SG-1 premiered on Showtime .
    That's cool! That means they wanted to have as much accurate detail as possible... Ah, continuity.

Although... You just KNOW they did that, because they knew that fans would see it.

I guess, they shouldn't expect any less from the likes of us.

Comment

Originally posted by kashi
      If the device only worked when they were in proximity of it, that means that he would have seen O'neill writing mission reports, not actually visions of the events as they occured. Major plot flaw. I'm very disappointed with this episode.
      Plot flaw? No. Creative license? Yes.

This is a tv show, a visual medium. What would you rather watch? An action clip or Jack sitting at a desk, scribbling away?
      To Infinity And Beyond!

O'Neill: "Do we know this... shrub?"

Comment

I think this episode was done to poke fun at the very obsessive fans. The type of fans that dwell so much on details & take the show too seriously. Like when DJ died Joe the Barber cried or when Jackson made his appearance in Jack's cell.

I find it quite nice of them to acknowledge that they had some so-so episodes.

Comment

One thing I wondered about:

Does Joe know anything about the inner workings of advanced Ancient stuff?

Jack was ON the base when he had the Ancient repository of knowledge in his head. Joe had to have learned something....

...Oh well.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
            That's cool! That means they wanted to have as much accurate detail as possible... Ah, continuity.

But when we first see Joe in the past he is buying the stone and has a flash to Within the Serpents Grasp, we then see him at the barbers shop for the first time. So strictly speaking it couldn't have been August 1997 but about a year later.

My other slight nitpick is that Joe wrote Hathor which would have been long before Jack picked up the stone. OK Jack could have referenced Hathor when she came in later but didn't quite fit time line.

However on second viewing has grown on me slightly. Still worst epi ever but quite clever and considerably better than some other sci-fi shows I've watched. You know I think I would have preferred it without so many clips or maybe it was just that they always seem to pick the same ones.

jan t
            jan t

Comment

Originally posted by JackDaniels
              "Goa'uld as burns' - i still don't get it.
              Ok, let me try to impart some of my understanding of this misunderstood topic...lets go over some identifiable similarities.

The Goa'uld are evil - Mr. Burns is evil(ish);

The Goa'uld portray gods and believe they have a divine right to rule the galaxy - Mr. Burns thinks he's god and rules over Springfield;

The Goa'uld have Lotars and Slaves - Mr. Burns has a Lotar (Mr. Smithers) and Slaves (Homer and the gang at the Nuclear Power Plant); and

The Goa'uld have sarcophagai to bring them back to life and repair injury - Mr. Burns has been brought back to life (ok, he hasn't died but has come real close) and he heals pretty darn quick.

So, can you understand the parallel O'Neill tries to convey. Now put the entire Simpson Universe on top of the Stargate Universe and there you go!

Goa'uld as Burns. Clear as mud??? Yes, I have too much time on my hands.
              Aadizookaan

Comment

Originally posted by Aadizookaan
                Ok, let me try to impart some of my understanding of this misunderstood topic...lets go over some identifiable similarities.

The Goa'uld portray gods and believe they have a divine right to rule the galaxy - Mr. Burns thinks he's god and rules over Springfield;

The Goa'uld have Lotars and Slaves - Mr. Burns has a Lotar (Mr. Smithers) and Slaves (Homer and the gang at the Nuclear Power Plant); and

The Goa'uld have sarcophagai to bring them back to life and repair injury - Mr. Burns has been brought back to life (ok, he hasn't died but has come real close) and he heals pretty darn quick.

So, can you understand the parallel O'Neill tries to convey. Now put the entire Simpson Universe on top of the Stargate Universe and there you go!

Also, The Simpsons are on their 16th season, and Stargate SG1 is on it's 8th.

Since The Simpsons is only half an hour, while Stargate is a full hour, you get...

Almost equal time.....

Coincidence?! I think not!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                  Also, The Simpsons are on their 16th season, and Stargate SG1 is on it's 8th.

Since The Simpsons is only half an hour, while Stargate is a full hour, you get...

Almost equal time.....

Coincidence?! I think not!
                  Stargate is on ~43-45 minutes without commercials hard to believe if you would watch the commercials it would take you almost 20 minutes to get through them entirely

Comment

Originally posted by alz0rz
                    Stargate is on ~43-45 minutes without commercials hard to believe if you would watch the commercials it would take you almost 20 minutes to get through them entirely
                    I know.

The ultimate solution:

Buy a TiVo. For every hour of TV, wait 15 minutes before sitting down to watch

This way, Instead of watching Stargate at 8, or 9, or whenever it comes on, I sit down at 8:30, to get uninterupted SG1 and Atlantis.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Aadizookaan

they both are old
                      they both pop up randomly
                      they both suck
                      they are both snakes (burns one in the hallowen special)

Comment

does anybody think that the ending was crap? come on..i don't think jack would tell something classified to the wife..and what happened to joe? with his knowledge will he work on SGC?

Comment

Rather a lame script (also one I'd call a monage of clips from previous eps). I agree the military would not so easily admit to "Joe" nor his wife his visions were real. If so, they'd have to relocate them under the witness protection program (or similar).

The stories of SG-1 are becomming shallow and somewhat boring (sad to say and IMO). Surprisingly, Atlantis stories have improved tho' I do feel the story lines tend to repeat themselves.

With Ben Browder coming aboard SG-1, new life may well be breathed into the series (one can hope, can't I?)
                          Last edited by sabrina; 23 January 2005, 12:14 PM. Reason: Additional comment

Comment

Apparantely the wig MS was wearing was nicknamed 'Whiskers' by MS (see the TV Zone special.
                            And I am very relieved it was a wig.
                            jan t

Comment

Originally posted by sabrina
                              Rather a lame script (also one I'd call a monage of clips from previous eps). I agree the military would not so easily admit to "Joe" nor his wife his visions were real. If so, they'd have to relocate them under the witness protection program (or similar).

The stories of SG-1 are becomming shallow and somewhat boring (sad to say and IMO). Surprisingly, Atlantis stories have improved tho' I do feel the story lines tend to repeat themselves.

With Ben Browder coming aboard SG-1, new life may well be breathed into the series (one can hope, can't I?)
                              Agreed. Very lame script, very lame episode.

I think that season 7 was VERY shallow. And at least half of season 8 is the same

Comment

I rather enjoyed this episode. There were a lot of inside jokes and much satire. Not only did they take a gentle dig at fandom but at themselves and the Simpsons as well. Well done imo.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X