Citizen Joe (815)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Meg_Ann
    The kid had some weird aging problem. They probably wrote the script for an older actor in the beginning. Cut the lawn? That kid was somewhere around 6-8! Unless he's using a safety scissors, I really don't know what they expected.
    I thought the little kid was sweet. He says Goa'uld better than most of the actors on the show. Loved when he said "So the Goa'uld won't put any more bombs in Rya'c's teeth?" So cute.

Also liked when Joe cried at Daniel's death. It wasn't just a story to him. He believed Daniel to be a real person.

I never really thought about it before, but this ep got me wondering what that would actually feel like to know something like SG-1 was going on while you're going about your regular day. That scene in the park with his wife really brought that home. I would have been freaking out if I was Joe knowing that a huge battle with aliens was going on in Antartica and no one else knew or believed me.

Comment

Enjoyed this ep. Watched it twice. Laughed my butt off at all of the inside jokes. Everyone else has covered the things I liked/disliked about it, so I won't bore you with a repeat. Best clip show they've done, IMHO.

Proud Member-Hussies Union, Local # 69

Comment

I just want to know what they're doing with Joe. Maybe they'd offer him a job at the SGC to keep him quiet.
        A Quick Word from the Far Side of the Galaxy

Comment

Originally posted by JediTrilobite
          I just want to know what they're doing with Joe. Maybe they'd offer him a job at the SGC to keep him quiet.
          Maybe he could be an on base barber or something....just toying with an idea here people!

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
          [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Did anyone else catch this continuity mistake? The first time Joe talks to his wife in the park, there is a black jeep parked behind her. A few shots later it is now a black truck. Then it turns back into the jeep! Here are some screencaps:

http://www.stargatesg1971.com/citize...image2460.html
            http://www.stargatesg1971.com/citize...image2477.html
            http://www.stargatesg1971.com/citize...image2487.html

Comment

Originally posted by Seshat
              I agree with everything you said in your post! I laughed more at this ep than I did at Wormhole Extreme, and that's saying something.

IMHO the point of the show was that it was a fond tribute to the last seven and a half years of Stargate (after all, when this ep was written a season 9 was not certain). In fact, it reminded me of a comic roast -- anything or anyone made fun of was done so lovingly and with tongue firmly in cheek! The writers poked fun at themselves, the 'seriousness' of scifi, the over-the-top dramatics, the extremely varied and often polar opposite fan opinions, the actors, well, you name it. I loved it!
              Here, here!

I thought this was a very entertaining episode. I liked it. I do believe it was better for those of us fans that are regular watchers, and not so much for the whenever I happen to catch it fans, since it was basically an episode that grabbed one of us watchers and documented how one of us gets into the show, becomes attached to it, and so on. Yet, on the other hand, it was also for the casual fan, as it does go through a lot that has happened over the last seven years. So, I guess it really was for both sides of the fan spectrum.

The little things in the ep were what mattered, atleast to me. Joe's reactions to what was happening to SG-1, especially Jack, since that is who he was linked with, were the best part of the show. The show was great, just plain great.

Oh, and from what I see, I think this show is going to end with either Sam and Jack finally getting together or leaving it open ended enough that it could happen. Sorry to anti Jack/Sam shippers, but that is just how I think it will go, especially how in this episode it tells us that the thing between Jack and Sam isn't just on Sam's side, which some people have said. Oh, well. Just my opinion, people! Oh, loved the dig at Pete from Joe, even if he was cut off from what he was going to say by Jack.

Oh, and Seshat, love the sig. It is very well done. Did you make it?
              Zelazny, FBI~Undercover Division

Comment

Ever think that maybe none of his visions included when Joe was telling or writing the stories? Jack only had these visions wile at the SGC, meaning not off world and not at home.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel's_twin
                  Even if Everyone who watched this episode rated it awful, shippers everywhere are very happy with the infermery scene where Joe tells Jack that he won't tell anyone how he feels about Sam.
                  Actually, he didn't name any names. My hubby said that to pay true homage to the internet fans, both Sam and Daniel should have walked into the infirmary.
                  Last edited by bravesmom63; 19 February 2005, 07:42 PM.

Proud Member-Hussies Union, Local # 69

Comment

Do you honestly expect us to answer these questions?

Comment

Maybe they'll put him in some database of people with the Ancient gene, so that if they need someone to use the weapon in Antarctica or some other Ancient tech, they can call him if no one else is available.

He'd probably do it, too.

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
                        Maybe he could be an on base barber or something....just toying with an idea here people!
                        What else could he be?

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Originally posted by lionel_pendergast_rocks
                          In the episode that aired last night in the US, which was 'Citizen Joe', the episode ends, well it doesn't just end, some other stuff happens, but thats not the point, as i was saying, the episode almost ends with us finding out that for the past seven years, O'Neill has been having visions of this Joe Spencer of Indiana, and thought nothing of it, much less told anyone. I have two problems with this: One, its just weird, and although it was funny at the time, its, well, weird, but, and this is my second point, wouldn't O'Neill have thought something weird was going on if he had seen a man, thousands of miles away, writing stories based on his mission reports? I mean, O'Neill said he knew that Joe went bowling on thursdays, among other things, but he would've had to have seen more than that. Gah, ok, anger is out. Overall, the ep was ok, but, well, the title of the thread says it all.
                          I totally disagree with you dude. Not only was this one of the most enjoyable, believable, and entertaining Earth-based episodes I've seen in a long time, it was also well-acted and very clever. Every season has one of those "flashback/clip" episodes, but this was done so cleverly, and it was hilarious. I love the guy who played Joe; he's Mr. Everyone. It was very well done and I thought the ending was very much in line with O'Neill's personality.

You're also reading too much into it. I don't know if Jack actually saw Joe writing the "stories", but could have seen him typing or telling a story. Joe was actually picking up on Jack's reports, which is how he got so much detail, plus he could see things happening as they happened in Jack's mind. I think Jack saw similar things in Joe's life, but didn't realize what he was seeing, or was, in a weird way, thinking it was a fantasy of a family and life he wished he had.

Joe wanted adventure and something different; his life was mundane and uneventful. He longed for the adventure he saw in Sg-1's missions. Jack, conversely, longed for the mundane family life that he no longer had. It's irony, to some degree.

I loved the ending!

Comment

[QUOTE=taupecat]My $0.02.....

4) Best line of the ep:
                            Daniel: Broke into your house? Second week in a row. Alarm!
                            QUOTE]

I loved Joe's answer about locking the door. For a clips show, I thought it was good. However, with all the magazine submissions that Joe sent out, I'm surprised that the Air Force didn't pay much attention to them.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBlueDragon
                              i was about to watch it when the channel (sky one) went black and is still on now through atlantis meanin i miss both

I taped both - I can mail ya the video tape if you would like. I'm in the US, so I'm not sure if you can play it on your VCR.
                              "It's a blast door"

Comment

Now for my opinion...

"Citizen Joe" was a good episode, but I got tired of all the flashbacks. Loved the ending!
                                "It's a blast door"

Comment

Working...
                                X