No announcement yet.

Citizen Joe (815)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I only just watched this episode yesterday and haven't had a chance to comment on it yet. I realy enjoyed it and I think it's probably my favourite of season 8. I think Stargate does really interesting clip shows. Most shows just put a bunch of clips together, but SG-1 has some good stories behind it and I really enjoy them (with perhaps the exception of disclosure). Anyways, Citizen Joe was a very good ep and I loved Joe played by Dan Castalenella, I thought he did a great job Some good humour in the ep aswell

Comment

Originally posted by Albion
      Spoiler:
      As I say, I think the episode timeline is hinky for it to have been a reference to Kerry Johnson. But it would definitely be a cute moment if it was. Jack all 'Geez, I have this dang meeting with Johnson, wish I could get out of that...' mode, is amusing given the viewers have foreknowledge of his future relationship with 'Johnson' and Jack doesn't. Would be a cute little detail there.

Albion
      Spoiler:
      He doesn't meet her in Threads, he's already in the middle of a relationship with her by then.

Comment

This was explained. Jack touched the stone in Daniel's office after returning from the mission where they found the quantum mirror. By touching it, he activated "his side" of the link. Even if Joe had picked up the stone around the time of the Pilot, he wouldn't have seen any visions because there wasn't anyone (yet) with an ancient gene to activate the other one.
        Yes...I wasn't pointing it out as a nitpick that wasn't explained in the episode. I was saying it was a nice detail that they did it that way, which I enjoyed, because it made more sense. Seems you agree with me there.

Probably. I will put it another way then: the beer thing was so obvious that Sam doesn't even have to know the slightest bit about cooking to figure it out. Satisfied?
        Still not sure I understand what point you were making - especially as this statement seems to contradict your last one - but I'm not fretting over getting it explained, no. So, yes, very satisfied, thanks.

Teal'c -
        Spoiler:
        very true. Of course we have no way of knowing just how long the relationship has been going on until we see the episode, so it may still not fit in with this reference. But it certainly makes it more likely to have been a reference to Kerry, I agree. Although weren't the initials of Johnson's organisation mentioned by Jack different to the organisation Kerry is part of? EDIT: Just read Mr. Seven's post. Perhaps then, the name and initials of the organisation has been changed over the course of scripts drafts. Not unknown. Looks likely it was Kerry he was talking about then. So...she's CIA, huh? <g> Even more intriguing.

Albion
        Last edited by Albion; 20 January 2005, 08:16 AM.
        Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Just wanted to let you know about a goof (or whatever they're called)
          I believe no-one posted it before.

In the 31st minute when Joe wants to prove to his wife that O'Neill is real, he says: "Jack O'Neill is head of Stargate Command"
          and about 20 seconds later
          "Oh my God! They're figthting in Antartica! For Earth's very survival! Anubis' fleet is in orbit above us right now!"

At the time Weir was head of SGC and not O'Neill. Did they forget about her??
          I doubt that Joe already saw him as head of SGC at the time or he would have known about the Antarctica battle before that.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BJdavidLS
            Just wanted to let you know about a goof (or whatever they're called)
            I believe no-one posted it before.

In the 31st minute when Joe wants to prove to his wife that O'Neill is real, he says: "Jack O'Neill is head of Stargate Command"
            and about 20 seconds later
            "Oh my God! They're figthting in Antartica! For Earth's very survival! Anubis' fleet is in orbit above us right now!"

At the time Weir was head of SGC and not O'Neill. Did they forget about her??
            I doubt that Joe already saw him as head of SGC at the time or he would have known about the Antarctica battle before that.

Or he saw it as Jack was writting his report about the Antarctica battle in which he was already the head of the SGC

Ace
            "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

the what he saw thing is certainly confusing people but I think I can clear it up slightly.

when Joe was seeing things he was hooking in to Jack's thoughts and memories, not his eyes, so when he was seeing things happening, he was seeing Jack's memories which were on his mind at the time while he was writing the reports. When Joe was writting it was as if Jack's words from his reports were coming in to his head.

What we have to seperate ourselves from is thinking that what Joe was seeing was either happening real time or he wasn't seeing it, when really he was seeing it but after the event.

also, as far as his boy's age goes:

when first season he is about 8. 4 and half years later he was 12 or 13. then he was 13 or 14 the last time he appears. while he may look slightly older that doesn't really matter as some people look older the others at different ages, and his voice was quite high pitched, so it isn't something to really poke holes in.
              spook

Comment

Originally posted by Brassguy
                poor martin!

Wormhole X-Treme got cancelled after the first episode!

And if this Joe guy viewed all jack's mission reports and images of the missions, why nothing about martin loyd, etc.

Martin is kind similar to Joe in many ways. Only Joe is no alien.

Joe thinks that someone ripped HIM off, lol.

What is Martin doing now then? He stayed to be with the tv show, but they tell us that it was soon cancelled.
                Someone's obsessed with Martin

Comment

Originally posted by Albion
                  Jack would certainly have mentioned Pete and his relationship to Sam in his report on the Orisis incident in Chimera.
                  Not to mention all those other reports that Jack wrote about "that whole Pete Shanahan thing" - you know, the unofficial ones, the ones that ended up crumpled into wads in his wastebasket.

I bet we see mucho ship fic in the near future about Jack writing reports.
                  Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                  "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                  One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                  resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                  confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                  A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                  The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

this was rather funny

yep, they were, imho, poking fun at fans...but i enjoyed it

i chuckled more than once

arc/plot development 3
                    quirkyness 8
                    humor.....depends on your sense of...but i give it a 7
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ace
                      Or he saw it as Jack was writting his report about the Antarctica battle in which he was already the head of the SGC

Ace

No, no, no. Can't be.
                      The last report he wrote befor Antarctica he wasn't head of SGC yet. And I believe Antarctica was the first report he wrote as head of SGC, so Joe couldn't have know about it before the episode of Antarctica, which apparently he had right when he wanted to prove Jack is real.

Anyway, I liked the episode. Kind of different.
                      Almost like watching something else. Joe was the star
                      sigpic

Comment

lol, this may have already been pointed out but in the "daniel is dead" scene it sounded like Joe was using his Homer Simpsons voice!

Comment

"Bowling league Thursday nights?"
                          "You saw that?"
                          "You got game son!"

Also I loved what he did when he first met Teal'c, then asked him if he was more "gold" before.

GREAT episode!

Comment

Originally posted by BJdavidLS
                            No, no, no. Can't be.
                            The last report he wrote befor Antarctica he wasn't head of SGC yet. And I believe Antarctica was the first report he wrote as head of SGC, so Joe couldn't have know about it before the episode of Antarctica, which apparently he had right when he wanted to prove Jack is real.

Anyway, I liked the episode. Kind of different.
                            Almost like watching something else. Joe was the star
                            He still had to do mission reports. Daniel said he must have had the visions while Jack was writing the reports. Joe then said that must have been why it was so easy it was as though someone else was writing them. Jack then said "all got rejected huh?"

So even though he wasn;t head of the SGC early on he still had to officially record and report them.

Comment

I am not sure if this was mentioned yet... when they first showed Joe working in his barber shop, you see a calendar turned to August 1997 - or as you probably know - the month and year of when SG-1 premiered on Showtime .

Comment

Originally posted by sshspooky
                                the what he saw thing is certainly confusing people but I think I can clear it up slightly.

when Joe was seeing things he was hooking in to Jack's thoughts and memories, not his eyes, so when he was seeing things happening, he was seeing Jack's memories which were on his mind at the time while he was writing the reports. When Joe was writting it was as if Jack's words from his reports were coming in to his head.

What we have to seperate ourselves from is thinking that what Joe was seeing was either happening real time or he wasn't seeing it, when really he was seeing it but after the event.
                                In that case the caption saying "Last Year" would have been incorrectly placed, correct? Unless they are saying that New Order takes place in the past aswell?

Comment

Working...
                                X