Threads (818)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeff O'Connor View Post
    Those are like... the worst thing ever. Oh well.
    It's been awhile since Ive seen this episode, what was the 4 years ago comment in regards to again?

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
      It's been awhile since Ive seen this episode, what was the 4 years ago comment in regards to again?
      He's on his death bed and claims it's alright, because really, he should have died four years ago, and instead he was given the opportunity of a lifetime. And later on, Sam backs up the error somehow, don't remember how. But she says something like, 'this past four years', etc.

Basically, the error is... the two-parter in which Selmak and Jacob blend was in Season Two, six years prior.
      If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Another theory is that he's referring to when he nearly died on Netu in Jolinar's Memories/The Devil You Know. That would have been five years earlier, however.

Nothing really fits, though. So I agree, it was just a mistake.
        Last edited by VSS; 24 October 2009, 02:44 AM.

Comment

That four years thing really does get my knickers in a twist every time I watch the episode. When Jacob first says it, I end up just quietly going "Six..." but when Sam repeats it, that's it, I just yell, "SIX" at the TV.

It seems like a huge mistake to make.
          sigpic
          Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

@VSS:

Interestingly enough, I posed the question on Joe Mallozzi's blog last night and someone else in the comments section suggested just that. As you said, though, that's five years. Though when I wrote the reply, I'd only just woken up and hadn't realized it. Argh, it just doesn't make sense!

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
            That four years thing really does get my knickers in a twist every time I watch the episode. When Jacob first says it, I end up just quietly going "Six..." but when Sam repeats it, that's it, I just yell, "SIX" at the TV.

It seems like a huge mistake to make.
            It really does, though, doesn't it? It gets me all twisted, too. Argh, oh well. Short of requesting a 'Threads: Final Cut' (would we end up with less footage, though, haha) I suppose there's nothing we can do 'bout it.
            If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

The 4/6 year thing doesn't really bother me. The point of that specific piece of dialogue is clear with either number you use.
              sigpic
              Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

I don't understand how the Goaulds are now magically defeated, and we move on to fighting the Ori in season 9.

Just because Anubus is finally defeated?

Aren't there COUNTLESS other minor goaulds out there, who could eventually gain power, etc.

On top of that, Ba'al is still alive. . .

Comment

I love this episode. I was sad to see Jacob go, but the scenes with him in his death bed were super touching (and therefore brilliantly performed). The "four years" thingy also annoys me a little, but I try my best to hear it as "six". Tee hee.

Comment

Originally posted by brooklynrocket View Post
                    I don't understand how the Goaulds are now magically defeated, and we move on to fighting the Ori in season 9.

Just because Anubus is finally defeated?

Aren't there COUNTLESS other minor goaulds out there, who could eventually gain power, etc.

On top of that, Ba'al is still alive. . .
                    The Goa'uld's effectiveness as a galactic power is effectively shattered by their struggle against 'Ba'al', followed immediately by the Replicator attack and the acceleration of recruitment to the Free Jaffa.
                    Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                    - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

i just watched this for the first time and i got a few questions

1. at the start anubis says he wants to destroy every living thing in the galaxy. whats the point? woudnt he get a bit bored? there woud be no one left to rule or conquer. i know i would get really bored if the galaxy was wiped of life, even with all his powers

2. why is Ba'al serving anubis? there both system lords. shoudnt they work together. i thought ba'al took anubis's super soldier things

3. when can i start watching the SG1 movies? after ive seen the 10th season?
                      also it was sad to see Jacob and Anubis go. yes i like anubis!
                      Last edited by Jaden; 18 January 2010, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaden View Post
                        i just watched this for the first time and i got a few questions

1. at the start anubis says he wants to destroy every living thing in the galaxy. whats the point? woudnt he get a bit bored? there woud be no one left to rule or conquer. i know i would get really bored if the galaxy was wiped of life, even with all his powers

2. why is Ba'al serving anubis? there both system lords. shoudnt they work together. i thought ba'al took anubis's super soldier things

3. when can i start watching the SG1 movies? after ive seen the 10th season?
                        also it was sad to see Jacob and Anubis go. yes i like anubis!
                        let see if I can answer to some of your questions

1. I don't think Anubis was going to wipe out all the living things in the galaxy. My guess is that he probably would have kept a "little corner of the galaxy" for his slaves or something like that. If he would have indeed destroyed the living things from the galaxy then he would have created a world to rule. Because it is pointed very well in the episode that the machine from Dakara was first created in the purpose to give life (to repopulate the galaxy after the plague that almost wiped out the Ancients) so Anubis could have built his own world.

2. I don't really know why Ba'al is serving Anubis and I wondered that too. If I remember well we last time saw Anubis on Lockdown when he ended up on a frozen planet. So I was thinking that something must have happened and he had escaped somehow and reached Ba'al. Now we know Ba'al took over the fleet of Anubis so I guess I'm right to say that Anubis would be really pissed off and would like to see Ba'al dead. So, Ba'al probably accepted to serve him just to save his life. Even though Anubis didt'n had even a body and he couldn't use his semi-ascended power, he could just take over Ba'al's body to kill him. So I think that explains the fact that Ba'al serves Anubis

3. About the SG-1 movies I think you should probably see both 9th and 10th seasons because the plot starts in the beginning of season 9 and they finally defeat the "bad guys" in "Ark of Truth". But you could watch Continuum because you don't need to see the last two seasons. It's about Ba'al and time travel

I hope this helps
                        sg4ever

Comment

Loved this ep a lot. Jaffa scenes were somewhat slow but then, I never cared for Jaffa.

I was a bit disappointed by my lack of reaction on the fishing scene. Maybe I was too spoiled months before I saw this ep, or maybe that's my angst lover's heart rebeling against a fluffy ending...
                          "Are you like, a crazy person?"
                          "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

Hubs and I sat and watched the whole Reckoning 1&2, Threads arc on Friday....I think these 3 episodes are best seen all together....LOVE the diner scenes with Daniel, Oma and Anubis.....I would have liked to have seen all 4 of them sitting side by side each with a fishing rod and a beer, but sadly they wouldn't all fit on that little dock!!!...

And being a Daniel fan, I got "flagboy" at the end!!...

Deeds xx
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                            MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Egads what is with the green shirt Daniel?

Jacob/Selmak

Flag Boy
                              sigpic

Comment

what aws the deal about the process instantly killing the symbiote before it releases the toxin? selmak is going to die soon anyway so why not do the process and spare the host? selmak himself would have agreed to that
                                R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

Working...
                                X