No announcement yet.

Threads (818)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked the episode. The dinner reminded me of a star trek Q episode. Kind of silly how Anubis was stopped. I take it she had to sacrifice herself to stop him but why didn't she do it sooner.

I don't really care for Jack/Sam so the Pete breakup was a downer for me. I think I like Pete because he is a goof ball.

All in all it was good tie up of a few story lines.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Of Hell View Post
      Kind of silly how Anubis was stopped. I take it she had to sacrifice herself to stop him but why didn't she do it sooner.
      Because it's hard to sacrifice oneself? She's resigning herself to an eternal fight. Not an easy thing to do.

Comment

I think the reasoning for that, was she finally realized that she had to own up for her mistakes and take responsibility for them (Anubis).. and that she was the only one who WAS going to do something.

Comment

It wasn't just she was the only one who would do something, I believe she finally came to realize she was the only one who could do anything (about Anubis, at least).

The Ancients aren't really very nice.

Seaboe
          If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

I don't know why she could be the only one who could do anything about it, as we saw morgan and adria go at it.. So clearly the others COULD. They just wouldn't.

Comment

I believe she had an understanding of Anubis that allowed her to do more than the other Ancients could have, just as Morgan did of Adria.

But also see: The Ancients aren't really very nice.

Seaboe
              If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

This is one of the best eps for me and I would love to watch the long version - just have the short one on my DVD.
                I simply liked everything and in the end O'Neill was right, Jackson came back - naked but mentally intact. The flag suited him well, I personally would have preferred the Stars and Stripes.
                What happened to Anubis and Oma? we can only speculate on that.
                CARPE DIEM
                ANJA

Comment

Originally posted by Anja View Post
                  This is one of the best eps for me and I would love to watch the long version - just have the short one on my DVD..
                  What exactly was on the "long version" that was not in the shorter one in the DVD?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                    What exactly was on the "long version" that was not in the shorter one in the DVD?
                    I don't know, that's why I would like to watch!!!!
                    CARPE DIEM
                    ANJA

Comment

I liked that episode but Daniel dialogue with Oma, gave me a little boring .. because it is so slow and long speech, you lose a little while ... but not my favorite ... but there is little repeated, but I pn Anubis, the fat, which was among them.

Good thing Pete and Sam finished, it is for the good of the two, who deserve not stay together and marry, because it is not the plan for her. Because Sam is an independent woman, I really like his work in Stargate and Science, this time in the other family .. she does not think or have children and even the dog, those things much responsibility for her assumed. Pete is not for Her Selmak / Jacob is right, Pete is not the man Sam is happy .. Selmak / Jacob was not mentioned as Jack, nothing.

Jack and Sam if they have feelings for each other, but can not show their feelings for the military rule can not. They take care, if they feel understand and know each other but can not do together, for the reason that Jack was senior command, as head of Sam, you can not. Therefore, the former girlfriend of Jack, gave a suggestion that he should withdraw the command to be together, is not to be removed as military, is but change in the other place other than Chief Sam .. because she already realized and are not stupid, Jack remained in fatal .. but the suggestion was convinced, so ... told Sam "always" when he was accompany Sam while Selmak / Jacob was dying.

In the end, Fisheries, is the best gift for Jack, he was very happy that Sam was with, besides Daniel and Teal`c. But both are not 100% together, maybe they talked about something hidden and offstage at the time of his father's funeral and a few days ... I do not know .. But really, Sam and Jack can not take a serious relationship , for real. The only thing is that they must hide and secret, not to miss his military career. The military must keep his word and loyal to their work, by the standard military can not Cujar in the relationship, that is super complicated. But all better for Sam Pete who is not with it, does not deserve ... 'If it's a shame, but better for Pete

Comment

I agree; quite well put.

Seaboe

Comment

I think the whole Pete/Sam stuff just served to show that there was a private life outside the SGC.
                          The stuff gave the fans sth to think about and to discuss so that there was always sth that could be criticised or admired. I don't think a Jack/Sam relationship was never intended to happen (except in the imagination of many fans).
                          CARPE DIEM
                          ANJA

Comment

Jack and Sam were the tragic couple, the forbidden love.

I have to admit that on an intellectual level, it's been interesting to see the contortions some fans put the characters through to get them together without breaking the regulations.

Seaboe

Comment

Anything is possible as long as nobody blows the whistle.
                              CARPE DIEM
                              ANJA

Comment

Yes, but some fan writers aren't content with that; they honestly put the characters through hell just to have them end up together and comply with regulations. These are rarely my favorite stories.

Seaboe

Comment

Working...
                                X