Threads (818)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buzz Lightyear
    How exactly was the ending rushed? The entire episode was 20 minutes longer than usual. I don't think they intended to wrap everything up.

Anubis' fate is implied - he and Oma are locked in eternal conflict.

Daniel will explain what he knows/remembers off camera. No real point to rehash what the audience is already aware of.

Jacob's death scenes were drawn out long enough.

Jack and Sam's feelings for each other still have to be worked out and reach their logical conclusion. The fact that she finally accepted his invitation to "go fishing" with him says a lot. The fact that Teal'c and Daniel are there to chaperone their "first date" means they're still not ready to come right out and profess their love for each other.
    I think what bothered me most was that they tried to deal with so much so quickly.

Jacob has been on the show for far too long to have had his fate dealt with in a matter of minutes (props to TPTB for hinting at it in Reckoning Pt 2 though).

Daniel, in a physical sense, was dead. He'd been skewered then his the nitrogen in his blood would have exploded in the vacuum of space. We know he was somewhat ascended during his time in the cafe but that seems more like a sort of limbo than any other realm of existence. Given that Oma Desala is a little busy, who sent him back? The other Ancients? If the other Ancients would have sooner killed him last time, why would they be kind enough to a) send him back this time; b) send him back naked again; and c) allow him to keep his memories?

Pete....though I can't say I was fond of the guy, needed a better sendoff. How many weeks has it been since we've seen the guy last? Suddenly he shows up again for a meet the parents moment, gets his ass dumped, and leaves. End of story. A tad abrupt to say the least.

I think what bothers me the most though is the whole Anubis thing. Here we have a villain who's been a very serious problem for the last four (five?) years, a threat to humanity and Goa'uld alike with seemingly no limit to his power. Threads comes along, does a fantastic job of developing his story a little bit more and then POOF he's suddenly gone in a flash of light. I feel ripped off.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead
      Anubis's plans would have never worked. Sooner or later the Asgard would have stopped by and they would have been suspicious about how all the little critters of the Milky Way disappeared. Then they would have learned about everything from SGC's computers, flew over to Dakara, blew up the weapon, and beamed away the gate on that world, trapping Anubis there.
      Sooner or later wouldn't have cut it, I'm afraid. Anubis was on the button, it was only the Ancient intervention that stopped him.

Plus, the Asgard already knew about the Replicator situation in our galaxy. Thor was here and flew the ship home to get a new body, remember?
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

itjust hit me that jacob lied to sam...along with playing matchmaker

first of all, pete can't call him dad until he marries sam...but jack can

jacob said that selmac liked pete...but selmac has been in a coma since before he met him

his little crack about flowers

ooh, itty nit, the level of coffee in oma's pot, when she's talking to daniel, changes...like they did 2 takes and she poured it between takes

and i liked the irony of oma, queen of riddles, speaking in waitress babble

ooh, and anubis' whistling....amazing grace

a popular hymn at funerals and the words

amazing grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me, what once was lost, now is found, was blind but now i see

rather appropriate i think
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

oh, another nit. notice that i really can't nit the plot, just bits and pieces

there is no way in heck sam's cell phone worked under the mountian

i went to a place called Subtropolis once, which is a mine where they've turned dug out rock into offices and storage, it's 40-50 feet before the surface with several openings...and none of the cell phones in our group worked....there's no way it'll work under a mountain
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
            oh, another nit. notice that i really can't nit the plot, just bits and pieces

there is no way in heck sam's cell phone worked under the mountian

i went to a place called Subtropolis once, which is a mine where they've turned dug out rock into offices and storage, it's 40-50 feet before the surface with several openings...and none of the cell phones in our group worked....there's no way it'll work under a mountain
            Perhaps her phone is naquada-enhanced!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by alz0rz
              Did anyone else catch that headline "Wraith on their way to Atlantis"
              That's cool! I'd love to see screencaps of the various newspaper articles. Does anyone have those?
              Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
                That's cool! I'd love to see screencaps of the various newspaper articles. Does anyone have those?
                Yea, so Anubis knows about atlantis but can't do anything due to his not being able to use knowledge gained from ascension; kind of pointless, but interesting non the less. Some other articles was "edge of the universe found"

heres a link:

http://forum.gateworld.net/attachmen...achmentid=1206

I found a site that had the entire newspaper, but I forget.

Comment

Here's the link:

The Acended Times
                  Check out the part about the cat.LOL

The Brane: Bringing the evil, freaking people out, taking their sanity since 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Angelique
                    Here's the link:

The Acended Times
                    Check out the part about the cat.LOL
                    YES, I actually just found it when you posted....Gotta give the prop departments, well, props for the newspaper. Lot of effort for something that is hardly seen throught the episode.

Comment

Sooo...when did 6 years turn into 4? I mean...it sounded like they were suggesting Tok'ra parts 1 & 2 were only 4 years ago! (checks calender), whats going on?? what did seasons 3 & 4 take place over less than a year?
                      FOR PETE'S (no, not THAT Pete) SAKE, THE ABOVE POST (if offensive in anyway) WAS MADE IN JEST!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                        itjust hit me that jacob lied to sam...along with playing matchmaker

first of all, pete can't call him dad until he marries sam...but jack can

jacob said that selmac liked pete...but selmac has been in a coma since before he met him

his little crack about flowers

ooh, itty nit, the level of coffee in oma's pot, when she's talking to daniel, changes...like they did 2 takes and she poured it between takes

and i liked the irony of oma, queen of riddles, speaking in waitress babble

ooh, and anubis' whistling....amazing grace

a popular hymn at funerals and the words

amazing grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me, what once was lost, now is found, was blind but now i see

rather appropriate i think
                        Ah...It is confirmed!! Jacob is a Shipper! I'm sooo gonna miss Jacob!

I've been thinking the time issue could be from Season 3 "Jolinar's Memories" & "The Devil You Know". Jacob almost died, and he was in hell after all.

Token ~

Comment

It would still be 5 years then...
                          FOR PETE'S (no, not THAT Pete) SAKE, THE ABOVE POST (if offensive in anyway) WAS MADE IN JEST!

Comment

Man that was an excellent episode.

That could have been the series finale the way it ended...

I'm gald it's coming back though for two more episodes this year and 20 more next!

Comment

Wow!

So many loose ends were tied together in this episode (no wonder the name "threads") and I have to say that I just enjoy it so much.

The only thing that I will nitpick about is the phone working under ground (but maybe the SGC has some way to send the cell phone signal down underground) and how Pete's phone call about the florist can interrupt that meeting (did anyone else thought that the call was going to be that Pete was killed on duty/in accident or something along that line?).

I really liked how they all finally get to go fishing together. More importantly, I enjoyed the storytelling of this episode and the Reckoning 2 parter.

Last thing, I thought Isaac Hayes would start some kind of jazzy song (or the theme to shaft) or something when the Jaffa blew the horn. I saw him in concert late last summer (right around the time when it was announced that he will be in SG-1) but of course I couldn't get the opportunity to ask him about stargate.
                              I just love shows about wormholes!

Comment

Hmm... I don't know if you've discussed this already, but I really like the "Astro News" and the section on Wraith attacking Atlantis... I wonder if Daniel retains that knowledge (the newspaper) and is that the reason for them to be going back in time in Mobieus... Of course Atlantis did send a transmission so... Maybe it's both? Oh well we'll find out next week. Excellent episode... Excellent... (Thought I really hoped the Jack and Sam ship could've been torpedoed... That ship is Titanic)

Did anyone pause to see the headlines on the newspaper? I saw something about a nebula, and "Yoga does not lead to enlightment" LMAO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X