Threads (818)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mayorbill11
    I wonder if the Goa'uld like coffee that much?

This episode did have some predictability to it, I started thinking that the fat guy was Anubis when Oma and him were arguing at the counter, and had a feeling he was someone right from the start.

Also, I knew Jacob was done for as soon as Sam introduced Pete to him. Actually, I thought that Selmac had already left him. When Pete said "You have one of those things in you" I half expected him to say "Well...".

I think the reason is that this episode was supposed to be so big I guess you could say it that all my crazy guesses about Jacob dying and Anubis being the guy in the diner turned out to be true, so it ended up feeling predictable.
    Well, you're more perceptive than most, I guess. I've scrupulously avoided most spoilers for this episode, including anything that could be construed as "hype", hence every plot development was fresh for me.

As for the diner, I got the sense that it was a diner only in Daniel's mind. Oma got the diner concept from his mind because it was one of the happiest memories of his childhood and he would feel safe there. I'm sure everyone else there either has his/her own version of a safe secure place or else is deliberately present in "Daniel's diner" just to see what Oma is up to now.
    To Infinity And Beyond!

O'Neill: "Do we know this... shrub?"

Comment

oddly enough i have only one quibble wtih this episode....jacob's had selmac for 4 years????? shouldn't it be more like six????

but anyway, i loved it. yes, there were parts we should have seen, like anyone else have the feeling that they coulda put in the whole Dakara battle and filled the rest of the time and had a whole another eps????

but it had lovely angst, nice friendship, fishing and all in all, was very well rounded.

and it also had eye candy for those to whom it appealed

I'm not going to read all the posts, but you know, moebius could not air and the show/season could end right here and i'd be a happy camper
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

a lot of people are getting wrong.

Anubis knows all about ascension: what it does, what they can do because Oma said he found knowledge of it somewhere when he was just a bad ass gou'ld. I don't think it was a repository because gou'lds can't look in them; but THAT is maybe why they can't, but we will probably never know. I think he found a planet with it just lain there for somebody to find. When Oma was tricked into helping him ascend the others COULD have whiped him from exisence like daniel said in full circle, but they didn't; the others thought it was pertinent to have him stay semi-ascended as her punishment.

Oma's punishement was to have Anubis LIVE and watch him and do nothing to stop him as he trashes the galaxy around. Which I think is MUCH MUCH more heavy than Chaya's punishment in Atlantis' Sanctuary and Orlin's in Ascension. Oma herself could probably whip him too, but since it's her punishment from the others, the others will probably make sure they don't kill each other and let them fight forever. And plus, the other don't have to worry about her ascending people again because she's locked into a fight with Anubis. SO kill two birds with one stone.

I also found it interesting on The Ascended Times that Anubis knows about the wraith and Atlantis, but can't do anything because he gained that knowledge from ascension. Funny little tidbit, im tired...

Comment

Originally posted by langdonboom
          Actually, I think he did have access to Ancient knowledge as a mere mortal Goa'uld since that's how he tricked Oma -- she said he knew what he was doing when he came to Kheb. So Anubis could have probably found some Ancient repository just like SG-1 has and learned to use the Ancient tech that way, and not neccesarily learned it from his time as an Ascended being.

I still say he didn't because if you remember about the Ancient Knowledge repositories, they don't respond to Goa'ulds. Remember Teal'c looked into it in the Fifth Race and nothing happened. Anubis would've went to Keb a 1000 to a few thousand years ago. The Goa'uld weren't all that tech advanced compared to what they are now and compared to the Ancients. So I still firmly believe Anubis didn't have the kind of access to the knowledge like when he had when he was ascended. Yes, Oma said Anubis knew what he was doing, but remember, the Keb legend had been around for a very long time. Anubis may have mearly heard the legend and may just have been smart enough (oviously he was) because he tricked Oma. So the the end result is still the same. The Ancients ignored their own rules. Anubis was using knowledge of Ancient technology he got while ascended and the "others" didn't do anything to stop him.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
            oddly enough i have only one quibble wtih this episode....jacob's had selmac for 4 years????? shouldn't it be more like six????
            I just came by to say the same thing!

If we assume that one season acts as one year, it should be six years.

I was kind of confused during the episode when they kept on saying that.

I thought maybe they could be referring to something else that happened in season four when Jacob was in trouble, but I couldn't think of anything.

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
            Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Well I just loved this episode One of the best for sure. The whole ending scene was just great! And Isaac Hayes.. got to love the guy! Damn I'm in a good mood now a shipper? me? noooo...

really..
              Last edited by Sir Ruff; 10 February 2005, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Well, nothing is said for sure, but based on what we know that was actually said in an episode, I think you maybe assuming some things that have sorta gained weight on this board from beign repeated so many times.

Originally posted by SBacklin
                I still say he didn't because if you remember about the Ancient Knowledge repositories, they don't respond to Goa'ulds. Remember Teal'c looked into it in the Fifth Race and nothing happened.
                That might be true, but Anubis may also have gained Ancient knowledge both of ascention and of the mind-probe thing, the new shields, etc. from some other method other than the head-sucking way.

Anubis would've went to Keb a 1000 to a few thousand years ago. The Goa'uld weren't all that tech advanced compared to what they are now and compared to the Ancients.
                That's not neccesarily true. I mean, 10,000 years ago Ra came to earth in a big ship and enslaved the early humans near Egypt, so you might infer that Anubis was technologically advanced enough around this same time to understand what was up with Ancient technology. Sure, they were never as advanced as the Ancients eventually got, but I think they'd be advanced enough.

Adding to that, the idea that the Goa'uld steal all their tech, and have been using the Stargates (created by the Ancients) since basically 'day one', and you have some compelling evidence that Anubis could have, like Oma said he had to, be using only what he knew as a regular old Goa'uld, even though yes, most Goa'uld didn't know about the Ancient stuff.

The Ancients ignored their own rules. Anubis was using knowledge of Ancient technology he got while ascended and the "others" didn't do anything to stop him.
                From the above, I'm not so sure this is the case. I still think Anubis is just smarter than the average Goa'uld, and the same way he found out about Ascention, he found out about other Ancient tech.

This is also I think why he had to have Baal use the Ancient machine to destroy the Replicators, as he suggested at the beginning of Threads. He could have done it, but that would be breaking the rules.

Comment

I loved this episode. Absolutely loved it.

The Sam & Jack stuff was beautiful, particularly the infirmary scene. I was nervous that the spoilers I'd seen were going to turn out to be rubbish, but it was great!! They went fishing!

I'm sad that they killed Jacob, but I was expecting it...
                  Question though - he said when the Tok'ra are removing a symbiote, the procedure kills it before it can release the toxin into the host...so how did Klorel survive?

Kerry seemed nice. I wouldn't mind seeing her again when Full Alert
                  Spoiler:
                  goa'uld-Kinsey
                  comes back.

Sam breaking up with Pete was done nicely, and I have more respect for him after handling it so well. I did feel sorry for him.

The Daniel and Oma storyline was great. I'm glad we finally got more of an insight into what happened to him while he was ascended. And it's interesting to see that the two of them did seem to be genuinely friends. Some good quotes -
                  'If I didn't stop you the others would have. And they wouldn't have been so nice about it.'
                  'You mean they wouldn't have erased my memory and left me naked on a planet?'
                  'That was your choice....ok, maybe not the naked part.'
                  LOL!

I didn't see the Jim/Anubis thing coming. Nice twist!

Yay, the Jaffa are finally, actually free!
                  I have absolutely loved Teal'c the last 3 episodes. We've really seen him as the leader of the rebellion.

Fantastic episode. Can't wait for Moebius!

Comment

Originally posted by lordvader
                    But let's face it everyone, didn't we all take an instant liking to "Joe" ?
                    He looks like loads of fun to be around !
                    You reckon that's what Anubis the g'ould looked like ? How fun would that have been ?
                    never seen a FAT goa'uld before... but yea we did, and i think that was the point...
                    Ford: You know we still haven't named the planet yet
                    Sheppard: I'm sure the ancients have a name for it
                    Ford: How about atlantica? Something like that
                    Sheppard: I thought we agreed you were not going to name anything anymore

Comment

They still didn't really address the issue of the host/symbiot thing vis-a-vis Anubis's ascention. Like, was Joe what Anubis' host looked like? Its been said here that it must have been just Anubis's symbiot (who is 'really him') that ascended, but if he was blended maybe something got confused in the process. He was lying and breaking rules by trying to ascend in the first place, right?

It rasies the question of - are any of the human forms ascended Ancients take when talking to humans a reflection of what they 'used' to look like, or can they appear as anything they choose?

Comment

Anubis's plans would have never worked. Sooner or later the Asgard would have stopped by and they would have been suspicious about how all the little critters of the Milky Way disappeared. Then they would have learned about everything from SGC's computers, flew over to Dakara, blew up the weapon, and beamed away the gate on that world, trapping Anubis there.

Comment

that's a good point -- about the only recurring storyline from all of SG-1 that didn't get mentioned in Threads was the Asgard. Wonder what they make of the human's great victory???

Comment

OMG THAT WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

I just finished watching it. It was too much.

Daniel in a flag!!!! Jack and Sam are fishing. Then Daniel and Tealc show up. That was nice. If you are so inclined, I think even the Slashers will be happy.

I felt sorry for Pete. He got his heart broken. I cried when Jacob died. He knew She wasn't really happy. I like how Jack's girlfriend is the one to break it off with him.

That Joe was Anubis was a BRILLANT touch. I think RC wrote this. He is a genius IMHO.

I love how it ended. OMA fighting ANUBIS. I guess they will be in an epic battle for all eternity.

I think I have rambled on enough. I need to relax a bit now.
                            sigpic
                            Sig by the Multi Talented KASS. : )

Comment

Originally posted by Alberon
                              The Daniel bit. Isn't that set an in-joke? It's the Wafflehouse from Dead Like Me. Daniel even sits where the group in DLM always do, and he ordered waffles.
                              YES. I thought that as well. It makes sense since both shows are shoot at Bridge Studios. That was priceless.
                              sigpic
                              Sig by the Multi Talented KASS. : )

Comment

Did anyone else catch that headline "Wraith on their way to Atlantis"

Comment

Working...
                                X