Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by keppiezbt
    they have wrapped os much stuff up, i wonder what meobuis will be about
    So do I - Moebius speculation - highlight to read.
    I'm wondering, just guessing, that there is some sort of reset in the last episode, leaving them fishing at the cabin but with changes - one of which could be the return of Jacob (with or without Selmec) Amanda Tapping said not to bury him too soon when asked if he would die in this episode. What else might they re-set? They wouldn't dare bring back Pete, or perhaps they would, TPTB said they might need a body guard! But could there be changes with the Anubis situation. Or the Goa'ld.

How smart are TPTB?
    sigpic

Comment

Transcript and image gallery containing over 700 images has been posted. Also includes a videoclip, which is longer than usual, due to the length of the episode. (100.76mb)

Suzanna
      http://www.stargatedanielfriendly.net
      http://www.totallyshanks.com
      http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/sta...iendlyupdates/

Comment

Wow!

What an episode!

So. Oma and Anubis will be locked in an eternal battle? I'm gonna miss the Oma-isms.

But...Poor Jacob. I've very upset over that.

But at least Pete is gone.
        Last edited by Mio; 09 February 2005, 12:31 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jillybean
          I couldn't stand Threads. It was aptly named, tying up all the loose story threads with a mish mash of bad dialogue, bad acting and bad timing.

The Jack/Sam resolution was ... godawful. I was wincing in pain as Bimbo1 said "Is it just regulations keeping you two apart?"

Spoiler:
          And Selmack no doubt died because he couldn't stand being used as a plot bunny

Danny bumbled around in the "I don't really have a purpose" way he's been doing for the past season, while Teal'c and Bra'Tac lost all character and turned into inanely smiling buffoons, being knocked around the galaxy.

Sam's been replaced by a Replicarter, who's emotions were obviously badly copied. At least Pete's reaction was somehow believable. If only in contrast to everyone else.

Jack's 'denial' was unbelievable. Why waste scene time with him and the Bimbo, when her plot was inconsequential anyway? Why not have him being concerned
          Spoiler:
          Did he say ANYTHING to Jacob while he was dying? Two of your best friends are dead or dying, Jack, why are you cooking steaks? This is not in-character

I was looking forward to Season nine. After Threads, I'm not so sure.
          Wow, that was like incredibly negative. Not cool

Comment

it leaves it a little open for upcoming seasons but i thought it answered some good questions.
            come read my website!!!!!!!!!

www.xanga.com/keppiezbt

Comment

Pesonally I,m gonna sit on the fence, definitely not as good as Redemption 2 but an OK ep. A few things annoyed me - it was a rushed ending which felt imcomplete being the main issue and also i think the comic fat anubis would have been a brilliant character to keep around.

The biggest thing I liked was all the hidden stuff. People have already mentioned the newspaper, but did anyone manage to hear what anubis and oma were arguing about? Its just audible but the quality of my recording wasn't great. Let us know.

Comment

Jack was home cooking steaks. Sam came to him. Then they found out Jacob was in the infirmary.
                Did you not watch it ?
                The Corps is Mother, The Corps is Father

Comment

I have to say that I really like this episode, even if it did have the death of Jacob/Selmak. First thing about it: George Dzundza... he is one of my favorite actors. I've never seen him in anyting where I did not thoroughly enjoy his performance. It doesn't matter if it was this personification of Anubis, or Max Greevey from Law and Order, or the voice of Scarface from Batman. George is a great character actor to use here.

Second: How great is it to have Daniel making the decision between afterlife and death in Der Waffle Haus from Dead Like Me? He even sat at the Reapers's usual table, ordered waffles, and I swear I saw some post-its on the table in one of the scenes.

Third: A little movement on the Sam/Jack front. I'm not a shipper, but I don't like ignoring something like that for too long.

Fourth: "Teal'c of the Tau'ri". I love that. "ONE OF US! ONE OF US! ONE OF US!" Teal'c has really become a Tau'ri in many ways, and to hear it acknowleged in a respectful way.

Fifth (Not the Replicator! I would have said "Fif!" If I meant him): Hearing Oma say "Boy are my dogs tired." Worth the price of admission right there.

Sixth: A metric butt-load of information on the Ancients use of the weapon and the rules of Ascension.

Seventh: The last scene.

Eigth: Jack refusing to "fall for it this time." It's not a wonder he didn't seem worried when Daniel was missing. He knows well enough that Daniel will be back.

Ninth: That little Atlantis reference. I believe that is the first mention of the Wraith in SG-1.

EDIT Tenth: That Jacob's last words were telling his daughter he loves her.

-IMF
                  Last edited by IMForeman; 09 February 2005, 01:00 PM. Reason: Forgot the 10th
                  "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                  "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                  BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jillybean
                    I couldn't stand Threads. It was aptly named, tying up all the loose story threads with a mish mash of bad dialogue, bad acting and bad timing.

The Jack/Sam resolution was ... godawful. I was wincing in pain as Bimbo1 said "Is it just regulations keeping you two apart?"

Spoiler:
                    And Selmack no doubt died because he couldn't stand being used as a plot bunny

Danny bumbled around in the "I don't really have a purpose" way he's been doing for the past season, while Teal'c and Bra'Tac lost all character and turned into inanely smiling buffoons, being knocked around the galaxy.

Sam's been replaced by a Replicarter, who's emotions were obviously badly copied. At least Pete's reaction was somehow believable. If only in contrast to everyone else.

Jack's 'denial' was unbelievable. Why waste scene time with him and the Bimbo, when her plot was inconsequential anyway? Why not have him being concerned
                    Spoiler:
                    Did he say ANYTHING to Jacob while he was dying? Two of your best friends are dead or dying, Jack, why are you cooking steaks? This is not in-character

I was looking forward to Season nine. After Threads, I'm not so sure.
                    I disagree I thought it was nicely put together with tying up a lot of lose ends and at the same time there was some character development but your entitled to your opinion.
                    "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                      What's with all people starting new threads non-stop. Use the official one?
                      I agree completely
                      "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
                        This was every bit the curate's Egg. It would have been a top notch ep if it had ditched the love life stuff.
                        It's that horseracing thing, isn't it? 'Cause I thought the whole thing was pretty darn good!

V depressing, s8 had been pretty good for her except for Gemini.
                        DEfinitely horseracing. While I thought that the PTB screwed Sam's character in GEmini, I disagree that she was fine 'til then. I'm sorry: accepting a marriage proposal and going into a clinch at an op scene, in front of the men she's commanding? Some of whom probably already thought women didn't belong in the field? I can hear what would have been said by some fans had it been Jack she'd done that with (and I'm not talking about the regs issue).

Going on an op (Endgame) in heeled boots, tight pants and a leather jacket, while everyone else is in combat gear? Letting Pete talk at the top of his voice about the top secret stuff she does, with total strangers all around them? Criticizing Colson's righthand man for betrayal, while ignoring the fact that Colson betrayed his entire company and employees for his obsession, all the while setting himself up as God to decide what should be discussed and when?

I've had problems with what they've been doing all year. OTOH, I didn't have a problem with her breaking with someone if she realizes that she doesn't really love him enough to marry. Better now than later (though she really should have broken up with him because he behaved like an immature jerk in Chimera, abused his position with the police, demanded she tell him about her top security work, spied on her and then goes out and buys a house without consulting her. I don't care if he thought it fit her description; you don't do that. You talk to her about it first and you get her involved in the process. Especially if you expect her to live there. I agree, though, that the dialogue could have been better---but that's the sloppy writing I've come to expect this year.)

And then they all go fishing. Sweet.
                        And look how close Sam and Jack were sitting!

J.
                        "He's an amazing man. After everything he's done, he's still modest. Quite self-effacing actually. He even likes people to think he's not as smart as he is. Bottom line, he's an incredibly strong leader who's given more to this program than any man has given to anything I can imagine."

Comment

Another thought just occured.

We know the Ancients suffered from a plague, but we never really knew when, pre-atlantis, post-atlantis, etc. We could only speculate.

Anubis answered all of our questions about it. He told us what the weapon's original purpose was. Coupled with the fact that the Ancient script at Dakara was an 'old dialect', it's very safe to assume that this is what happened:

Plague Hits. Kills most life in the Milky Way
                          The 'weapon' at Dakara is used to repopulate the galaxy. But not with Ancients. Probably just basic plantlife, low level animals. Possibly higher mammals on some planets.
                          The survivng Ancients, rather than repopulate the Milky Way, go to Pegasus.
                          sigpic

Comment

I know that this ep is probably going to divide the fandom...
                            ... but with regard to Sam and Pete.
                            I actually think Sam was acting far more humanely by ditching the man she didn't want to marry than walk down the aisle with him. Sorry, I agree she should never have said yes in the first place if she had doubts, and I didn't like the fact she went to talk to O'Neill about it before hand... that reflected poorly on her character again...
                            But I didn't think her actually dumping of him was cruel. Far from it. She didn't love him, to get married to him would only have hurt him more in the long run. And I though the dumping scene was very well written. She really didn't know Pete at all was what I saw in it, by completely misjudging his reaction.
                            Now I just have to hope that Moeb
                            Spoiler:
                            doesn't see liberal use of the big old red reset button.
                            Because now this whole Sam gets a life storyline is over we can maybe get back to the wondeful strong character I like.

Comment

I thought that Threads was awful, the worst episode this year. If they'd made it 2 hours long and shown all the battle scenes that take place, but are never seen, or if Baal had tried to stop Anubis, or if we'd even seen Anubis trying to use the wepon instead of just assuming that the gate activating was him it could have been better. Since this was the final showdown with Anubis it should at least have shown him more. It was a good consept, but ruined by consentrating so many scenes on Sam, and almost none on the problem of Anubis.

Comment

Awsome ep. Interesting how they made the relm of ascended ones live. When we figgered out that that guy was Anubis... well wow is all I can say.

The Anciants really are a misrable bunch of t**wts.

Sy~
                                A lady came up to me on the street and pointed to my sued jacket...
                                "You know a cow was murdered for that jacket?" She sneered. I replied in a psychotic tone...
                                "I diddnt know there were any witnesses. Now I'll have to kill you to!"

Sy~

Comment

Working...
                                X