Threads (818)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver
    ooh, itty nit, the level of coffee in oma's pot, when she's talking to daniel, changes...like they did 2 takes and she poured it between takes
    When Coffee ascends it can be whatever shape it wants to be.

:: looks sage ::

ooh, and anubis' whistling....amazing grace

a popular hymn at funerals and the words

amazing grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me, what once was lost, now is found, was blind but now i see

rather appropriate i think
    I hadn't noticed that, but I'll have to look out for it. That is very apt.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid
      Daniel, in a physical sense, was dead. He'd been skewered then his the nitrogen in his blood would have exploded in the vacuum of space. We know he was somewhat ascended during his time in the cafe but that seems more like a sort of limbo than any other realm of existence. Given that Oma Desala is a little busy, who sent him back? The other Ancients? If the other Ancients would have sooner killed him last time, why would they be kind enough to a) send him back this time; b) send him back naked again; and c) allow him to keep his memories?
      Maybe the Ancients didn't do it. Maybe Daniel did it himself; after all Oma told him that he could ascend himself now without her help. Maybe as soon as he could see that Anubis was now effectively inert he ascended. And then swooped off to the SGC and renounced ascension once again, but this time because he did it himself he made sure of keeping his memory.

I think clothes must be a bit harder to manage than memories. But no doubt a bit more practice will see him manage a nice blanket or even some trousers

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
        I think clothes must be a bit harder to manage than memories. But no doubt a bit more practice will see him manage a nice blanket or even some trousers
        Spoil the fun, why don't you...?

Comment

I finally got around to watching it and I must say that I am very disapointed. The writing wasn't reallly that good. I hated the whole diner thing that Daniel was in. Jacob's death made absolutely no sense. I mean, I understand and support why Janet was killed in S7, but this was completely pointless. The relationship O'Neill had with Johnson felt very convienient, and it lacked any substance. Seeing how season 8 has gone I am worried about the quality of S9. SG-1 is becoming "Well it used to be great" shows. Such a shame since S8 started out so strongly.

Comment

Originally posted by Feli
            geez, you girls get so many shots like that, while us guys only get 1 shot like that of Sam!

Comment

Originally posted by Token
              Ah...It is confirmed!! Jacob is a Shipper! I'm sooo gonna miss Jacob!

I've been thinking the time issue could be from Season 3 "Jolinar's Memories" & "The Devil You Know". Jacob almost died, and he was in hell after all.

Me too ..I so love Jacob so much He wanted his daughter to be happy because he could see she was not
              and Pete didn't make a good impression ..Gosh ..I thought he didn't match Sam before but hearing him talked at the SGC to Jacob .....proved my point ....I actually can't believe she stayed with him that long ..He was just plain ridiculous in front of Jacob .

Anyway, The Jacob/Sam scenes were very emotional.. and love the little game he was playing in the briefing room with the flowers and the wedding and in front of Jack

...and I really like the fact that Awkward Sam and Jack ( normal because they are scared to let their feelings in the open ) disappeared by the end of the episode . The infirmary scene was beautiful and natural ..I think they are now becoming comfortable with each other ...the fishing scene proved that too and What I like about Sam and Jack is they can have fun without seeing them in bed like we did with the others . I can't wait until they call each other by their little name because that would make a big difference for the relaxed chemistry ...and this is the only thing left to do ..apart from Jack resigning or becoming citizen .

Kerry was really smart and understood straight away ..Shame that Pete didn't do the same specially if he knew from the beginning ..but I suppose he was deseperate ...I like the way they used Kerry so much more than the Pete character .
              I'm glad he is out of the way ..because intellectually he was far for matching Sam .

I liked the fact that Jack nodded a little yes when Kerry talked about issues ..and didn't make a fuss about the breaking up ..he absolutely knows where his heart is

For the Daniel Scenes ..They were very good ..Shame it was at the dinner all the time ...It was really great to see Oma again..and ...the chat Daniel had with Jim(Anubis) was realy interesting

I like the way he was brought back ..naked as usual and the look on everybody's face was hilarious

Not sure I concentrated enough on the Teal'c and Bratac scenes ..May have to watch it again to discuss that part .

caty

Comment

did anyone else wonder if daniel being wrapped in a flag was a dig/homage/whatever for amanda and her femme fatale photo shoot? where she was photographed wrapped only in a flag?

it certainly made me laugh
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Me and my girlfriend were talking about that last night also when Daniel is in the dinner did any notice his shirt was folded up so you can see his muscles that is so pathetic IMO, I mean my girlfriend was happy obviously but I don’t like it when try bringing sex into it like that.
                  "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by Wass
                    Me and my girlfriend were talking about that last night also when Daniel is in the dinner did any notice his shirt was folded up so you can see his muscles that is so pathetic IMO, I mean my girlfriend was happy obviously but I don’t like it when try bringing sex into it like that.
                    Mmm, Daniel's biceps... and he blushes all the way down...

Sorry, shallow moment here.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Feli
                      Like I said, after a bit more practice he might manage trousers. But the first few practice attempts might not be entirely successful.

Happier?

Madeleine

Comment

ooh, and anubis' whistling....amazing grace

a popular hymn at funerals and the words

amazing grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me, what once was lost, now is found, was blind but now i see

rather appropriate i think
                        I thought that was what he was whistling, but couldn't be sure. It's been awhile since I heard that one.
                        sigpic

Comment

Daniel said to Oma, "If I walk out the door I'm dead?" and she said, "Pretty much."

Then, later, we learn that there are several levels of ascension, and that the haughty Ascended consider everything/level of existence beneath them as insignificant.

Might this imply that if Daniel had gone out that door he would still have been ascended to a lower level? But high enough for him to consciously "descend" back to mortal form? Is that how he came back at the end, because it certainly looked like the Ascended were ignoring Daniel and just "watching" Oma and Nuby duke it out?
                          Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                          "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                          One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                          resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                          confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                          A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                          The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by Vyse
                            geez, you girls get so many shots like that, while us guys only get 1 shot like that of Sam!
                            And your point being...?

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
                              Like I said, after a bit more practice he might manage trousers. But the first few practice attempts might not be entirely successful.

Happier?
                              Well, I was going to say something about my secret slasher heart and giving Jack more opportunities to...ehm, *cough*

Anyway, back on topic before a mod has to reign me in

The two things I was most worried about didn't happen in the way I expected therefore I'm quite happy with the ep. Not the most stellar one but at least better than I feared.
                              I'm majorly disappointed that they killed Jacob though, his storyline with Sam was one of my absolute favorites! And who chose that awful, green shirt for MS?

Comment

Might this imply that if Daniel had gone out that door he would still have been ascended to a lower level? But high enough for him to consciously "descend" back to mortal form? Is that how he came back at the end, because it certainly looked like the Ascended were ignoring Daniel and just "watching" Oma and Nuby duke it out?
                                Could be an explanation for the (assumed) fact that he retained his knowledge of the events this time. He apparently had the power to decide where to descend (Jack's office), but not to trick the mechanism itself (descending to human form means nekkidness).
                                Life is short. Eat dessert first.

Comment

Working...
                                X