It's Good To Be King (813)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I couldn't make it out.
    Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Originally posted by zats
      Well, this one was...odd. It was good, one of the betters this season, don't get me wrong...but Wayne Brady as a First Prime was just weird enough that I'm still slightly, well, weirded out.

What was good:
      a. Maybourne! Joy! The man I love to hate! It was a little harder to intensely like him in this ep since he was actually acting like a halfway decent guy...but I still managed. Unfortunately, it'd doubtful that we'll see him again. This ep ended with something of a sense of closure.
      b. Sam's reaction to the 'wives' comment. She's mellowed a bit since 'Emancipation'--the bit with Kytano in 'The Warrior' and Ba'al's "female Tauri" comment in 'Reckoning 2' for starters--but it'd comforting to know that she still gets her dander up sometimes.
      c. RDA. Yay! "If I had a nickel..."

What wasn't:
      a. I'll post something when I come up with it!

Last word: Wayne Brady?
      I agree! And yeah.....Wayne Brady? Can you imagine what the outtakes were like?

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
        Does anybody know what "ditty" they were playing?
        At first it kind of sounded like "In the Jungle"... You know, "In the Jungle, the mighty jungle, the lion sleeps tonight..."

...but then it goes in a completely different direction.

In other words, I'm not sure either.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

A thoroughly enjoyable episode

Comment

It was great to see Maybourne again. This episode was funny. Sadly, I think I'll have to watch the whole of this season again, because I can't remeber half of the scenes/lines in certain episodes.

Mandeep

British-Indian and proud.

Comment

it had humor and i like to see Jack back off world it brings back memories

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis345
                it had humor and i like to see Jack back off world it brings back memories
                Yes the humor was back at a all time high, having Jack offworld was the best part IMO BB should have apeard in season 8 a 3 man team without Jack just aint the same

Comment

Well, I thought this episode was great, and the best of the season so far. I was very pleased.

As others have commented it was wonderful to see Jack off-world again, and the whole team working together, fulfilling their more traditional roles. I loved seeing Jack operate the time-jumper -- it always fun to see him be able to do stuff that Sam can't. I adore smart/intuitive Jack. I too would have liked to see more of Sam in command but the ep simply didn't allow for it. Oh well, let's just hope for the future.

I didn't realize how much I had missed maybourne! Since going good, I've been a real fan. I think he's hilarious, and I love how he interacts with Jack. He really *is* a good person when it comes down to it, and I like how he'd grown close to 'his' people and how he'd helped them. However, it does seem that he's lost a bit of his snarky sneakiness, which is a bit out of character.

I really want to know what happens to the time-jumper (yes, I know that we supposedly see more of it later on in the season but NO I don't want to be spoiled). I wish they'd shot as scene of Jack flying it through the gate or the prometheus coming to pick it up. I don't like how the writers leave loose ends like that when 30 sec would clear the matter up. I can't wait to see how the ship will be used!

I'm so pleased this season is shaping up so nicely, and from the sounds of it, continues on this path.

Comment

This one was good

Love the "how does this effect us line from" Jack! Plus his reaction to Maybornes "wives" was great

Comment

couldnt they have met the ancient who made the tablet? wouldnt he have had to have BEEN there with them to chronicle the events that took place?
                      MSG Me If You Can Answer This:
                      I have a 720p tv, and i have plugged my xbox into it and it gives me the option choose between 480p, 720p, 1080p, and 1080i display settings. I'm not really sure which one to choose on it, I know not to use the 480 setting, and obviously my tv only plays 720, but what if i set it to 1080? would the quality degrade? i cant rly notice a difference when i set it higher but maybe one who is more knowledgeable could tell me what im missing?

Comment

Yes, I've already observed that. But the Ancient who was there probably only wanted to chronicle the events, not interfere with the way things were going to turn out (tho I guess one could argue that just by making that pillar he interfered).
                        Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Comment

yes but im surprised that sg1 or mayboune didnt think about it. also im surprised that the ancient's jumper wasnt picked up on the radar of the one o'neill was flying
                          MSG Me If You Can Answer This:
                          I have a 720p tv, and i have plugged my xbox into it and it gives me the option choose between 480p, 720p, 1080p, and 1080i display settings. I'm not really sure which one to choose on it, I know not to use the 480 setting, and obviously my tv only plays 720, but what if i set it to 1080? would the quality degrade? i cant rly notice a difference when i set it higher but maybe one who is more knowledgeable could tell me what im missing?

Comment

Something tells me they were thinking about other things at the time then finding the Ancient. Either that, or when they would get the chance to look for him/her, he/she would've already time-jumped.

Comment

one of the best episodes of the season! it is a pleasure to see one time again Harry Maybourne, there is humour, there are goa'ulds, the discovering of a time-jumper (clever crossover with SGA ), a little of space battle...
                              very pleasant!
                              Hallowed is RepliCarter!

Hallowed are the Ori...

Comment

Maybourne was in it, Jack went offworld - always good things in my book and enough to keep me glued to the set.
                                The man who opened the way.

The man who led the way.

"It will take you a million light years from home. But will it bring you back?" Stargate the movie

A mystery ... a secret ... a threshold ... to the future. Stargte the movie

The perfect SG-1 team: Colonel Jack, Daniel, Major Ferretti and Jonas

Comment

Working...
                                X