It's Good To Be King (813)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
    I assumed that the Jaffa had been taught to recognise Ancient so that if they spotted any they could tell Baal that Interesting Stuff might be there, but I doubt they could read any of it. Much like I recognise Turkish without being able to read it.
    That could be true, but it looked like his eyes were very slightly scrolling from left to right for a split second, as if he were reading it. He also looked around a bit before settling on a specific piece to stare at. Then it looked like he dispatched the Jaffa to go look for the ship.
    My non-stargate related site: The Rabbit Archive

Comment

One of the better S8 episodes. Like the good old days.

Jack gets to go thru the gate and act all Jack-like. "God I miss going off-world". And I miss you going off-world. *sniff*

Loved Maybourne greeting Jack with music when he steps thru the gate..... LOL!

"You made General"
      "You made King"
      "It's not a contest, Jack"

RDA looked like he was having a great time acting with Tom McBeath.

Everyone was actually in character and had some good lines....
      Daniel names a fruit ("guango"!) and gets to translate stuff and say "ffffocus" to Jack
      Sam is a competent leader and gets to do all her techy stuff.
      Teal'c found the PJ and killed the first prime of Ares. Your usual brave warrior stuff.
      Jack does his Beckett imitation and manages to use his Ancient gene to save the day. Er...yeah, guess he hit something vital.

So, a good time was had by all! I haven't seen the Atlantis episode this ties into but I'm impressed that they managed to drop in something that's fun for the audience to pick up on but isn't necessary to understand the episode.

And now we have our time-traveling puddle jumper. Yowza.

I had a few nits.

Hard to believe Maybourne could pick up and translate Ancient that well....but I went with it. Maybe he has a latent talent for linguistics.

I'm sure Wayne Brady had the time of his life and he was fine for the most part. But a couple of times it seemed obvious that Ares stopped off in L.A. and picked up his first prime. I kept waiting for him to ask Teal'c how the Lakers were doing.
      Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

"You are a man of your word"

I thought this was another quality episode. A tad cheesy with the medieval aspect, but none the less.

2 shots from a Puddle Jumper took care of a Weak Ha'tak. This fact defnitely emphasizes the strength of the Wraith as their darts could take down a puddlejumper and it took sufficient damage to kill a dart.

Love to see Dart vs. Glider. Dart would rape. *Dart appears above Glider**Does Teleportation Beam Thing* *Glider slowly descends and explodes w/o a pilot*

If a Dart could destroy a Puddle Jumper, then it could easily destroy a Glider with minimum shots b/c not even shots from the Ha'tak slowed the PJ down.

Sorry for off topicness.

Comment

Originally posted by Calicto
          2 shots from a Puddle Jumper took care of a Weak Ha'tak. This fact defnitely emphasizes the strength of the Wraith as their darts could take down a puddlejumper and it took sufficient damage to kill a dart.

Love to see Dart vs. Glider. Dart would rape. *Dart appears above Glider**Does Teleportation Beam Thing* *Glider slowly descends and explodes w/o a pilot*

If a Dart could destroy a Puddle Jumper, then it could easily destroy a Glider with minimum shots b/c not even shots from the Ha'tak slowed the PJ down.

Sorry for off topicness.
          A single dart couldn't destroy a Puddle Jumper.

(Rising, Before I Sleep Spoilers)
          Spoiler:
          A single GJOD from a puddle jumper could destroy a dart, but even after taking 2 direct hits in 'Rising', all the jumper lost was it's cloak. Ancient technology was vastly superior to wraith technology. It was merely a matter of numbers. (IE: Swarms of darts and hive ships around a much smaller number of Ancients)

Going even further to 'Before I Sleep'.....

In 'Before I Sleep', We saw a lousy little Ancient Transport with a few hundred people on it. Based on what we saw, there was a swarm of darts, and 4 hive ships around it. Obviously the Wraith didn't feel confident about facing the transport with a number smaller than that.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
            A single dart couldn't destroy a Puddle Jumper.
            Uhhh...The Brotherhood
            Spoiler:
            One dart destroyed a Puddlejumper with terrifying ease, killing Sgts. Markham and Smith. Click here to mourn for Markham.
            Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
              Uhhh...The Brotherhood
              Spoiler:
              One dart destroyed a Puddlejumper with terrifying ease, killing Sgts. Markham and Smith. Click here to mourn for Markham.
              Yes, but according to some people that dart was heavily modified..

Comment

Originally posted by alz0rz
                Yes, but
                Spoiler:
                according to some people that dart was heavily modified..
                Even if that were true, it doesn't change that fact that
                Spoiler:
                a Wraith dart can shoot down a Puddlejumper.
                Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

According to whom? Given how flexible technical performance is in SF - and leaving aside the possibility that the pilots of 'jumper X and dart Y might not be identical in skill to the pilots of 'jumper A and dart B - why would anyone feel the need to offer a spackle for any given piece of tech doing better in one episode than in another?
                  Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                  - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
                    Good point, not all the countries that show SG-1 and Atlantis show them in sync. Atlantis plot points should be in Spoiler Tags in this folder. Anyone wants a post edited, let me know which number.
                    Thank you

Comment

this episode was great

Comment

Yeh, but wasn't Sheppard the only GOOD pilot?
                        Wow. we got really off topic

Back to SG1....

Who thought that that person who stood up for Harry was annoying?
                        sigpic

Comment

Are you talking about Red Cloak Woman? I liked her in all the other scenes she was in, she was tough without being hard and that's tricky to pull off, but the scene where she spoke up for Harry was just generally bad. Harry was a good deal too penitent to feel like Harry, and RCW's speech seemed pre-prepared where it should have come over as very spontaneous given the revelatory nature of what Harry had just said. It was the only substandard scene of the ep, I thought.

Madeleine

Comment

I could be completely off the mark but I got the feeling that RCW had a feeling that Harry might not be all that he seemed. The way she was always skulking about and listening to conversations.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

i interpreted red cloak chick as having a bit of a crush on Harry.

he'd been there 2 years, but had only been king for 10 months, so that meant, for over a year, harry was probably an outcast

I think RCW felt sorry for him, or saw beneath his exterior (i still believe harry, while a scoundrel, is a good guy at heart...he's sort of an anti-hero. Not totally captain whitebread, but also not a complete jerk)
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                                i interpreted red cloak chick as having a bit of a crush on Harry.

he'd been there 2 years, but had only been king for 10 months, so that meant, for over a year, harry was probably an outcast

I think RCW felt sorry for him, or saw beneath his exterior (i still believe harry, while a scoundrel, is a good guy at heart...he's sort of an anti-hero. Not totally captain whitebread, but also not a complete jerk)
                                My theory is that RCW is actually the pilot of that time machine, there to observe and even nudge "history" along. Watch the ep with that in mind and a lot of details/seeming plot holes start to make sense.
                                Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                                "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                                One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                                resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                                confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                                A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                                The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Working...
                                X