No announcement yet.

Prometheus Unbound (812)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Vala. She's resoursful and inteligent (most of the time) and she lacks the weakness of a typical Knell Warior. They just assumed she was vulnerable to the anti-Knell weason and didn't try anything else.
    For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. -Jeremiah 29:11

Comment

Originally posted by [[.DarkShadows.]] View Post
      Sorry if this has already been posted, but when i search forums it comes back with half the forum...

I do rather think the storyline of 'Prometheus Unbound' Is unlikely

1 single person taking over the whole of the ship.... isnt this meant to be the MOST valuble peice of tech that they've got? i know the Knell armour is pretty much indestructable, but something would bring it down.
      first of all its KULL armor.

and second of all, that armor was able to withstand 3 sg teams firing at it with machine guns at once, a c-4 explosion, a claymore explosion, and jaffa staff weapon fire almost all at once. it was even able to walk right through a tokra force shield.

i mean the only weakness to the kull warrior is the soilder inside the armor. all weve done to take them down is kill them and since its vala and our special weapon wont work on humans, she might as well be using the ancient personal shield because no amount of fire power, except maybe a ships main weapons, is gonna penetrate it.
      STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Did Prometheus have Asgard beaming technology at the time? Because it seems to me like the best way to deal with a Kull warrior: even if the armour protects the wearer from the vacuum of space, they can't be much of a threat out there.

Considering who was inside the armour, however, I'm glad they didn't!
        Coming soon to Syfy and DVD... hopefully!

Comment

Originally posted by Calhoun View Post
          Did Prometheus have Asgard beaming technology at the time? Because it seems to me like the best way to deal with a Kull warrior: even if the armour protects the wearer from the vacuum of space, they can't be much of a threat out there.

Considering who was inside the armour, however, I'm glad they didn't!
          I think they had Asgard beams, but not Asgard sensors, so there was no way for them to lock onto her.
          Meh...

Comment

I love this episode more for the cat and mouse chase aboard the ship between Daniel and Vala. At times it's just hysterically funny to watch. Shanks and Black were great in this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Mcfergeson View Post
              I love this episode more for the cat and mouse chase aboard the ship between Daniel and Vala. At times it's just hysterically funny to watch. Shanks and Black were great in this one.
              I loved the Daniel/Vala scenes too. It really set a good foundation for Vala in the rest of the series. I was estatic when I ferst heard that she would become a series regular, mostly because of this episode. my favorite part of the last two seasons of SG1 was the Daniel/Vala banter.
              For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. -Jeremiah 29:11

Comment

only because it's a woman

sigpic
                Sig made by squirrely1
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
                *PM me if you clicked on that link*

Comment

Originally posted by Gavatarman View Post
                  only because it's a woman
                  yes, this does, in fact make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by ReFRidgerator View Post
                    I loved the Daniel/Vala scenes too. It really set a good foundation for Vala in the rest of the series. I was estatic when I ferst heard that she would become a series regular, mostly because of this episode. my favorite part of the last two seasons of SG1 was the Daniel/Vala banter.
                    I was willing to forgive the one-shot Vala of this episode - PU Peee Ewww are quite appropriate initials - until she was reintroduced in S9 ten times worse. Just goes to show one person's "good foundation" equals another's 'shoddy construction'.

The one show of S8 I haven't rewatched.

suse
                    sigpic
                    Mourning Sanctuary.
                    Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
                      yes, this does, in fact make sense.
                      I doubt I could bear all that caressing between two guys ...

Comment

I don't know if it's been mentioned, but this episode has one of the best commentary tracks available. Though the menu says simply "Andy Mikita", it actually has Andy joined by Claudia Black and Damian Kindler. Very funny and very informative. Well worth a listen.
                        "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                        "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                        BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by IMForeman View Post
                          I don't know if it's been mentioned, but this episode has one of the best commentary tracks available. Though the menu says simply "Andy Mikita", it actually has Andy joined by Claudia Black and Damian Kindler. Very funny and very informative. Well worth a listen.

Thanks for the heads up! I'll give this a listen later.

Comment

I like the battle betwen Vala and Daniel

Comment

Its the typical alpha male conquering his mate .

Comment

I was just watching the ep again 'cause I love it, but I always have the same thought watching the fight scene. Am I the only one who thinks it odd that Daniel immediately punched Vala in the face after she first tried to hit him? Seems very unDaniel-like to me. I always thought it would have been more appropriate to the character that he slap her or grab her arm & twist it behind her or something. It just doesn't feel right that Daniel would punch out a woman - enemy or not.

Sorry if you've already discussed this - I didn't read the whole thread.
                                e7of7

"It's not having what you want. It's wanting what you've got." - Sheryl Crow

Comment

Working...
                                X