Prometheus Unbound (812)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
    The Hiccupping Woman would probably have annoyed me to bits six years ago, but all during my first pregnancy I was that Hiccupping Woman and I felt her pain . Besides, she gave Walter an excuse to do that funny thing moving the glass. That's talent, that is, to move a glass humourously.

Best line: "You're a fruitcake."
    Walter moving that glass was classic! It was so subtle I almost missed it though. And yes, best line was definately the fruitcake one.

Originally posted by Teal'c View Post
    [
    Most definately. I was in stiches at most of it. I laughed the entire way through the opening credits after seeing Jack's reaction to "I'm taking Walter too"

I didn't like Novak in the first scene, but she was fine after that. When she tells Reynolds to give Hammond mouth to mouth... I could hardly breath I was laughing so much there.
    The beginning was really good, the way Hammond was sitting in his chair and just starts ordering people about. The look on Jack and Daniel's faces were too funny, especially when he said he was taking his chair and Walter.

The mouth to mouth scene, completely hilarious! I almost missed what Reynold's said I was laughing so hard.

The whole episode was very funny and not at all what I expected. A few other favourite scenes included:

- The super-soldier telling Daniel that he finds him very attractive.
    - Daniel and Vala's fight
    - Daniel's introduction of himself as 'Hans Olo'

Originally posted by madaboutdanny View Post
    I found very funny when Daniel talk to warrior and says - Hey, you know, big guy. I'm flattered, really I am, it's just that, uh, you're not my type - then he looks warrior's groin, wich is very huge and adds - I'm more than a little disturbed that I might be yours.
    Thankyou for quoting that! It cracks me up!
    "Don't dis MacGyver, or before you know it he'll be at your door with some tinfoil, a whistle and a bag of marbles...and you'll be sorry then..."
    S/J all the way!
    Big Honkin' Resolution!
    sigpic
    John/Teyla Shipper!
    SAVE STARGATE ATLANTIS!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Two_L's View Post
      Walter moving that glass was classic! It was so subtle I almost missed it though.
      During the season ten DVD feature "Life as a Tech with Gary Jones", and he was going around asking various Stargate cast and crew their favourite Walter moments, that was the first one that popped to my mind. Just perfect.

Comment

Yikes! Just saw this one for the first time (I'm a little behind, I know ) and I gotta say this is the worst Stargate episode ever! Usually SG-1 succeeds in comedy but this craptastic episode fails miserably at being funny. I can understand a 10-year-old laughing at these jokes, but come on, what a waste of 40 minutes! Who ever wrote this episode must have had a bad day....

The only positive thing about this episode is that Vala is gorgeous. Hoo boy... what a woman!

Comment

Originally posted by Peteo View Post
          Yikes! Just saw this one for the first time (I'm a little behind, I know ) and I gotta say this is the worst Stargate episode ever! Usually SG-1 succeeds in comedy but this craptastic episode fails miserably at being funny. I can understand a 10-year-old laughing at these jokes, but come on, what a waste of 40 minutes! Who ever wrote this episode must have had a bad day....

The only positive thing about this episode is that Vala is gorgeous. Hoo boy... what a woman!
          Wait til S9.

But Peee-Ewwweeee marked the beginning of the end, what with the over-the-top "humor".

suse
          sigpic
          Mourning Sanctuary.
          Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Can some one clarify this for me? Been watching sg1 all the way through in order, but at the beggining of season 8 they used the ancient out post in antartica to beat annubis, but now im om this episode and they're heading towards SGA.

Since when did they know they co ordinates to atlantis? Dont remember any past episodes discovering anuthing new about atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by the_Tall_stumpy_one View Post
              Can some one clarify this for me? Been watching sg1 all the way through in order, but at the beggining of season 8 they used the ancient out post in antartica to beat annubis, but now im om this episode and they're heading towards SGA.

Since when did they know they co ordinates to atlantis? Dont remember any past episodes discovering anuthing new about atlantis.

SG-1 Season 8 ran alongside Atlantis Season 1, in the Atlantis pilot episode Rising they discover the co-ordinates to Atlantis at the Antarctica outpost.

Comment

Fan-frelling-tastic. I watch this one so often I am surprised the DVD still works! Just a few of the best:
                -Hammond is back and ordering Jack around
                -Daniel being a smart and competent soldier
                -Vala's hand puppets
                -The B story on the Al'kesh(?) was done well
                -Walter shoving the glass of water over
                -The fight between Daniel and Vala
                -The fact that which of them got the upper hand kept changing
                -The chemistry between them being funny, not saccharine sweet
                -The "squish your head" moment from Daniel
                Just great overall. I thought Vala was good in S9 and S10, but towards the end her constant scene-stealing got a little obnoxious. Every once in a while I miss Vala as she was in this episode. A little less crazy. But Prometheus Unbound really shows why she was added to the line-up, I think she totally invigorated Daniel's character at exactly the right time.

Comment

you know i love this episode. it is absolutely fantastic. there is just one thing that niggles at me a bit.

the bit when hammond is unconscious and novak suggests reynolds do mouth to mouth followed by the sheer look of horror on his face. Now don't get me wrong. i think it is an absolutely brilliant moment. extremely funny but technically........reynolds is a highly trained and experienced marine officer........he shouldn't really have any qualms about giving him mouth to mouth right?
                  Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Normally yes but there are still a lot of guys who know CPR who balk at giving it to fellow guys.. its a macho thing.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                      ...he shouldn't really have any qualms about giving him mouth to mouth right?
                      Technical problems, no. Personal issues, apparently. ;D
                      Tilting windmills since... well... too long ago to remember...

sigpic

My portfolio and repository:
                      http://z13.invisionfree.com/Peregrine_Design/

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar View Post
                        2. VALA. Crikey. s9
                        Spoiler:
                        this woman is supposed to sustain my interest for 5 eps in season 9?!
                        I'm sorry, I found her vapid, sex-crazed and unengaging. Were all those sex/naked jokes really necessary?
                        Spoiler:
                        Lolz u gotta have her in Season 10 and in Ark Of Truth

Comment

Watched this episode a just a moment ago and still love it. The sexual tension between daniel and vala is so funny to watch. The body language of both of them is very nicely done. I'll probably watch it some more because everytime it brings a smile to my face!
                          sigpic
                          by Snowflake Shona

Comment

the vala-daniel interaction was very funny.

Comment

Sorry if this has already been posted, but when i search forums it comes back with half the forum...

I do rather think the storyline of 'Prometheus Unbound' Is unlikely

1 single person taking over the whole of the ship.... isnt this meant to be the MOST valuble peice of tech that they've got? i know the Knell armour is pretty much indestructable, but something would bring it down.
                              (~°.°)~.....~(°~)

Mayborne: I took your dog i hope you don't mind.
                              Jack: Your eating my dog...
                              Jack: You want a beer to wash it down?
                              Mayborne: Already helped myself.

Comment

Originally posted by [[.DarkShadows.]] View Post
                                I do rather think the storyline of 'Prometheus Unbound' Is unlikely
                                This is going to sound sarcastic but it's really not meant to be - of course it's unlikely, it's Sci-Fi!!

Great episode, love the Jack/Daniel banter at the beginning - ahhh, The General and his little Spacemonkey!!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X