No announcement yet.

Prometheus Unbound (812)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha don't worry about it im just trying to figure it out. (probably no solution)
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by suse
      Yes it does. And not the good stuff.

I thought this ep was stupid from start to finish. Er, drop the bulkheads and vent the oxygen. No more problem. Unless ther Kull outfit has an O2 supply... I can't remember if the Prometheus had beaming tech yet.

I watched the whole ep and when it was finally over decided to never ever watch it on DVD even for the commentaries, which I usually like.

I can see it was supposed to be funny. I wasn't laughing. <yawn>

Suse

I agree, but I did find the battle scene between the promethius & gliders (firing guns in ALL directions) was a wicked scene, whoopin a little goul'd butt hah.

Comment

The prometheus got its a$$ kicked in this episode? The only reason why we survived was because of the al'kesh.
        sigpic

Comment

It probably would have done better but for the damage done to it by the Gliders before the shields were back up. It did take a while before Vala unlocked the codes (loved Daniel having to carry her, by the way), giving plenty of time for the Goa'uld weapons to do some damage.
          Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

It probably would have done better but for the damage done to it by the Gliders before the shields were back up. It did take a while before Vala unlocked the codes (loved Daniel having to carry her, by the way), giving plenty of time for the Goa'uld weapons to do some damage.
            That is a good point, we had taken allot of damage. my point was that we didn't "whoop gou'ald butt". I realize that we were caught off guard and we could have done better if all that hadn't taken place.
            sigpic

Comment

I am willing to overlook any plotholes in this episode because its meant to be funny... and frankly a good break after Endgame and Gemini.

Mattathias

Comment

Originally posted by silverdamascus
                I agree. I've said it before I'll say it again, its the only way to create a true sense of a world.

Giving just that little bit of time to minor characters can be so rewarding. I think Atlantis has noticed that and SG1 are beginning to. I honestly don't think Peter Grodin, Radek Zelenka, Sgt. Bates or in the highest profile case Carson Beckett would ever have been given the time on SG1. Yet look at the fan reaction to them.

I don't know what years concide between S8 of SG1 and S1/2 of Atlantis but I think this is the first evidence of seriously attempting to develop or use for a better purpose, the minor characters in SG1. I think to an extent this begins to transfer through to S9 as well.
                Janet, Lt. Simmons, Col. Makepeace, Col. Dixon, Feretti. Col. Reynolds.

Suse
                sigpic
                Mourning Sanctuary.
                Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by Mattathias2.0
                  I am willing to overlook any plotholes in this episode because its meant to be funny... and frankly a good break after Endgame and Gemini.

Mattathias
                  I dont know about that I think there was some funny parts like every stargate episode. However it wasn't specifically made to be funny IMO. I am willing to overlook the plotholes simply because it was a good episode.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake
                    That is a good point, we had taken allot of damage. my point was that we didn't "whoop gou'ald butt". I realize that we were caught off guard and we could have done better if all that hadn't taken place.
                    it was a good scene was all i was saying. I know they didn't blow everything up, it was just kinda cool to see every gun firing in all directions

Comment

Originally posted by bniblett
                      it was a good scene was all i was saying. I know they didn't blow everything up, it was just kinda cool to see every gun firing in all directions
                      Well I totally agree with you on that it was cool but what was even cooler was when Daniel was in the kull suit. Why don't we use those suits? I mean we could send teal'c to a gou'ald home world in one of those suits and he could kill every jaffa on the planet. Do I smell a plot hole why haven't we at least tried to reverse engineer the suits.
                      sigpic

Comment

When vala was sending every buddy down why didn't somebody in the al'kesh step on the ring platform and go back up when she sent the next batch down?
                        Because anyone doing that was likely to get shot by the 'Super Soldier' standing at the other end, perhaps?

Albion
                        Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake
                          Well I totally agree with you on that it was cool but what was even cooler was when Daniel was in the kull suit. Why don't we use those suits? I mean we could send teal'c to a gou'ald home world in one of those suits and he could kill every jaffa on the planet. Do I smell a plot hole why haven't we at least tried to reverse engineer the suits.
                          Nah, there are probably scientists playing with them in Area 51 somewhere. Bear in mind we don't normally see armour/weapons advances mentioned all that often, apart from the one in Heroes but that was mentioned for a fairly important reason.

Will green intelligent debates, not just those who share my views. Challenge - always.

Comment

Why? haha I know thats a dumb question but you didn't answer my question at all.
                            sigpic

Comment

Why we hadn't used the suits? No, I didn't. Though as I recall weren't they, until Prometheus Unbound actually fused to the clone things inside of them? Maybe that's something to do with it.

As to the reverse engineering like I said I'd imagine, as with everything else, they'd have shipped it over to Area 51 and would have scientists working on it over there. Bear in mind it was a while before we saw the first product of the attempts to reverse engineer a Death Glider.

Will green intelligent debates, not just those who share my views. Challenge - always.

Comment

in evolution part 2 Jacob was able to wear the suit. So we could use the suits we just choose not to and that is what I don't understand.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X