No announcement yet.

Gemini (811)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really didn't think Sam was being stupid in this episode. I mean, think about it, Replicarter came to her telling her she wanted to die. She practically begged Teal'c to kill her. That's pretty convincing, if you ask me.
    Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
      I really didn't think Sam was being stupid in this episode. I mean, think about it, Replicarter came to her telling her she wanted to die. She practically begged Teal'c to kill her. That's pretty convincing, if you ask me.
      She was stupid for showing a Replicator the schematics for the weapon. Everything before that I understand, but I thought that was sheer stupidity. It is nice to see that Carter isn't perfect once in a while, sometimes it seems that way. Too bad Teal'c didn't simply kill her, then the weapon would still be effective!

Comment

Yeah... I'm totally experiencing this ep vicariously through you guys, but from what I've read, all of your annoyance/anger/confusion seems justified.

Just one question: Wasn't there a line at the end of the ep, where Sam said something like, "The fact is, she learned betrayal from Fifth, and he learned it from me?"

It sounds like a lot of people are right in the sense that she's gonna have a LOT to think about when it comes to how her actions helped RepliCarter gain control.

Comment

Originally posted by Vyse
          Too bad Teal'c didn't simply kill her, then the weapon would still be effective!
          ROTFL!! It could have been like the Indiana Jones thing with the ninja waving the knives around and Indy just calmly shoots him. No muss, no fuss, and made for a great scene.
          I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by Vyse
            I agree, it also pissed me off that Jack simply didn't end it, he just went along with Carter. Then at the end he was like it's not your fault, IT WAS HER FAULT, HELLO!! All Jack wanted was to try and get some info. out of her, which was fine, but then show her every bit of information on the new weapon was ridiculois. Also, this has been mentioned but why didn't Replicarter simply blow up the Alpha Site after leaving...
            So it's Sam's AND Jack's fault?

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
              ROTFL!! It could have been like the Indiana Jones thing with the ninja waving the knives around and Indy just calmly shoots him. No muss, no fuss, and made for a great scene.
              lol, exactly !

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                So it's Sam's AND Jack's fault?
                Yeah it really was both their faults. I just hated that line, it should have been something like we all screw up sometimes.

Comment

Just one question: Wasn't there a line at the end of the ep, where Sam said something like, "The fact is, she learned betrayal from Fifth, and he learned it from me?"

It sounds like a lot of people are right in the sense that she's gonna have a LOT to think about when it comes to how her actions helped RepliCarter gain control.
                  I have problems with that, too. I mean, okay, maybe Fifth did learn betrayal from her before, but the replicators have always been their enemy. It was her actions in this episode that made it her fault, and didn't they just gloss over that?

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Comment

I have problems with that, too. I mean, okay, maybe Fifth did learn betrayal from her before, but the replicators have always been their enemy. It was her actions in this episode that made it her fault, and didn't they just gloss over that?
                    Hmmm... I don't know if I agree with that. RepliCarter was who she was BEFORE she came to Earth. Sam's actions seemed to hasten RepliCarter's plan, but she came to Earth with the agenda and the plan to manipulate. Carter can't control that. The result may be their faults (all of their faults, if you ask me), but RepliCarter's motives were because of Fifth.

Comment

Hmmm... I don't know if I agree with that. RepliCarter was who she was BEFORE she came to Earth. Sam's actions seemed to hasten RepliCarter's plan, but she came to Earth with the agenda and the plan to manipulate. Carter can't control that. The result may be their faults (all of their faults, if you ask me), but RepliCarter's motives were because of Fifth.
                      Well, I did say that the replicators have always been their enemy. But, if someone came up to me with an agenda to shoot me, and I hand them a gun, it's my fault. Doesn't matter that they had the idea before. I'm not saying RC's motives are Sam's fault, but the fact that they lost the weapon against them is absolutely Sam's fault. She's the one who have RC access! And, she shouldn't be told that she didn't do anything wrong. She did something wrong.

Comment

There'll be a mixture between the two but i think this series is going to be focusing more on the replicators. In the past they've flicked on and off from them. I also heard there was supposed to be an encounter between the Goa'uld and the Replicators. Be interresting...

It was a good dramatical ep,but nowhere near one of the best in my opinion. These eps are essential to give us an insight to each characters development, but they are never as good as the more....violent ones...
                        'Where did you get this'- Wraith Queen
                        'I don't remember'- Major Sheppard - Rising (part 2)

'I don’t know if you noticed or not, but I’m an extremely arrogant man who tends to think all of his plans will work.' - McKay - The Eye

Comment

Well, I did say that the replicators have always been their enemy. But, if someone came up to me with an agenda to shoot me, and I hand them a gun, it's my fault. Doesn't matter that they had the idea before. I'm not saying RC's motives are Sam's fault, but the fact that they lost the weapon against them is absolutely Sam's fault. She's the one who have RC access! And, she shouldn't be told that she didn't do anything wrong. She did something wrong.
                          Did Sam give RC access to the weapon without Jack's permission? Did Sam make the final decision to meet RepliCarter at the Alpha Site? Because, if that was the case, I could understand this whole-hearted belief that Sam was wrong. However, she does have a CO, who apparently trusted RepliCarter enough to give her access as well. He's just as at fault.

Sam was sympathetic to RC's... deal. How many times have they been in these situations, where their compassion or quest to bring right to the galaxy
                          has backfired? Daniel and Sam - mostly Daniel - have always been on the sympathetic side.

Let's face it, this all started at Unnatural Selection, when Jack ordered Sam to betray Fifth. While I am of the belief that they had no other choice, I still think that was the catalyst. And, frankly, I think Fifth would have gone to the darkside anyway, sooner or later. The fact of the matter is, everyone makes mistakes. They do what they think is right, but sometimes it's not right. Look at The Other Side, for instance, or half a dozen other Stargate eps. It's the way things go. Hammond, O'Neill, and Carter have been wrong many, many times before, putting Earth's safety in jeopardy on numerous occasions. Was it avoidable? Probably so. Understandable? Absolutely.

Basically, all I'm saying is, there is a Chain of Command for a reason. If Sam didn't directly or indirectly disobey Jack's orders (which I haven't read that she has, but maybe I'm wrong), then she's not the only one at fault.

We can just consider this yet another one of SG-1's Galactical mistakes, and call it a day.

Comment

You're right, Jack does share blame as her commanding officer. And, I don't see how other situations or what other people have done have any bearing on what Sam did now. If they've been sympathetic to people before that doesn't negate what happened here. Sam gave a replicator access to the only weapon that can destroy them. I don't see how that can be tap danced around. She did it, she shouldn't have done it. Regardless of what RC wanted to do. And, Sam sure should have had the common sense to consider that RC might want to preserve herself and not want to die. Never trust your enemy to be truthful. So, Jack is at fault, but I don't see how anyone can say that Sam giving access to the only weapon that can destroy a replicator to a replicator isn't her fault. RC could have had all the premeditated desires in the galaxy, and maybe she would have found some other means for accomplishing her goal, but if Sam had been smart, it wouldn't have happened because of Sam.

Sam did something wrong. Yes, people make mistakes, and some of us are criticizing Sam for this mistake.

Comment

Very nice episode. Figured out DSma ws gonan double cross fifth practically first time fifth appeared. Crappy exit but there have been worse. Anubis TLC exit comes to mind.

A couple of minor nitpick: 1) Why was it so hard for Replicarter to shoot Jack when she mowed dannyboi down no problems? Damn ship.
                              2) Why the hell to people thing not having the disruptore makes the replicators unstoppable. You can still just shoot the vast majority of them. ANs their can't be that many Human forms. Hvae they even explored other options? Such as flame throwers? replicator cells are small enough they should be easy to overheat. Also what about extreme high epxlosive, grenades, EM pulses? there are doozens of possible ways to kill human forms that they don't even seem to have touched upon.

P.S How big is this thread already? We brits arn't THAT chatty
                              sigpic
                              Banner By JME2

Comment

I don't think Sam was stupid. I think you need to take into account that what if the stuff Replicarter was saying was true, that Fifth found a way to nullify the effects. What good would have been the weapon then?

Comment

Working...
                                X