No announcement yet.

Endgame (810)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok episode not wonderfully enthusastic about it. Nice play in from old episodes. Did feel slighty Jack-lite. And why was Daniel Introgating people again? Just have professionals do it off screen and have main charcters Talk about the results.

Butr all in all we DID get to see the inside of an Al'Kesh which was very good.
    sigpic
    Banner By JME2

Comment

I can't say I'm thrilled by this episode, however it wasn't too bad.

Unfortunately, we're seeing less of Jack as the season goes on, which isn't a good sign. I agree with Crazed, Daniel interrogating didn't quite suit to that which we normally see.

Good job Teal'c for shooting the Trust guy. Nice shot too. The story of the poison worked quite well, and I'm sure more will be mentioned about this again soon.
      __

__

Comment

Also I had a problem with all the Jaffa just going Irk and dying. I mena thge poison only kills the symbiote which means they should have the same amount of time as Teal'c did in "Threashold" should they not?

sigpic
        Banner By JME2

Comment

Quite a disappointing episode. The Trust/NID storyline has reached saturation point with me.

What are they gonna do about the chick with Osiris's Alkesh?

ANCiENTS & TOLKiEN
          One race to found them all, one race to zap them,
          One race to guide them all, and in the universe transcend them

ODE TO JOY
          Freude, schöner Götterfunken, Tochter aus Elysium,
          Wir betreten Feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum.

Deine Zauber binden wieder, Was die Mode streng geteilt;
          Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

Comment

Unfortunately, we're seeing less of Jack as the season goes on, which isn't a good sign.
            Actually, it's not really a sign of anything at all, as we've already been told
            Spoiler:
            that Season Eight would be Jack heavy at beginning and end and Jack-Lite in the middle. If it's a sign of anything it's that...we're in the middle of the season. <g>

I enjoyed this episode a lot. Sam's jacket still irks me a little - mostly because the show has always taken great pride in getting the military details right, even down to the little things. Where was their Air Force advisor on this one? I can't imagine him/her okaying a pvc reflective jacket for a stakeout.

But that's a minor quibble. I didn't have a problem per se with the scene with Daniel interrogating Harriman and the other technician. The only thing that bothers me about it is that when Daniel does the coffee thing I hear and see Jack. And that just gives me odd vibes.

But really I'm nitpicking in finding fault with this episode. I just enjoyed it. Nice character interaction, we got offworld (slightly), nice action, maybe a little less humour than I would have liked, but there was enough to keep me going. I love the scene with Daniel and Jack on why he should get to go to the ship and Daniel having learned a lot from Jack over the years. Namely, when the computers don't do what you want them to and you can't get what you want by intellectual reason...just blast the heck out of the buggers. WTG, Daniel. <G>

Albion
            Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Not a bad episode, but I do have a question. Why didn't SG1 try to take the ship? There was one of her and 3 of them - I think they probably would have won...
              If she had gone into hyperspace before they could overpower her, they could quite easily have flown it back to Earth themselves.

Comment

Not a bad episode. Liked Daniel's line about them getting Coffee. Agree with Crazedwraith, why was Daniel doing the interagations.

Comment

Decent ep.

1. I liked the bit at the beginning.

2. I can't say I'm too surprised at Teal'c blowing up at the Tok'ra. Was it ever mentioned the poison was ever on Earth? Having said that, it would have been tactically insane for the Tok'ra to have pulled a stunt like that!

3. OK, so Daniel was running his chats in a chilled way - maybe Jack reckoned that tactic would work!

4. Tricky call Jack wound up with - and no I didn't fancy the idea ofd the Trust making off with the Stargate!
                  I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Watters87
                    Liked Daniel's line about them getting Coffee.
                    The highlight of the episode! That made me laugh so much. In fact, the whole opening with the disappearance of the Stargate was great.

I thought Brandy Ledford did a good job as the Tok'ra and was surprised they killed her off.

And that they let Osiris' ship get away. Wonder if that'll come back to haunt them?
                    "Never give up! Never surrender!" - Galaxy Quest

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G

2. I can't say I'm too surprised at Teal'c blowing up at the Tok'ra. Was it ever mentioned the poison was ever on Earth? Having said that, it would have been tactically insane for the Tok'ra to have pulled a stunt like that!
                      Are you referring to VX then yes it was developed at Area 51 (I think).
                      "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by CultTVGirl
                        The highlight of the episode! That made me laugh so much. In fact, the whole opening with the disappearance of the Stargate was great.
                        That is my second most funniest bit of this season first being
                        Spoiler:
                        Jack switching lights on/off on Thor ship in "New order".
                        "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by Wass
                          Are you referring to VX then yes it was developed at Area 51 (I think).
                          No I was reffering to the Tok'ra poison which SG1 originally thought was VX. This poison first turned up the the Season 5 ep Summit!
                          I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G
                            No I was reffering to the Tok'ra poison which SG1 originally thought was VX. This poison first turned up the the Season 5 ep Summit!
                            Yes the posion was mentioned after summit. In Last Stand Also in 'Zero Hour' its talked about as a way to resuce the
                            Spoiler:
                            supposedly
                            captured SG-1
                            sigpic
                            Banner By JME2

Comment

this was an interesting episode, some nice ideas in it. i also noticed the shot aswell!
                              sigpic
                              Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

is it more or does this episode use alot more orchestral tracks aswell.

i love the death of tealc jaffa mate!
                                sigpic
                                Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Working...
                                X