No announcement yet.

Endgame (810)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remember waaay back on page one, where you made this post?

Originally posted by Major Fischer
    On a related point, the signals detected within the SGC before the gate was stolen should have been investigated. I do not believe any competent command would just write it off as symtomatic of retooled superconductors.
    Actually, I find this part quite believable.

I deal exclusively with highly trained liscenced repair people every day and they're the first to tell you that strange stuff is always happening to their equipment - things that neither they nor the manufacturers can explain. Usually it takes numerous experiments replacing several expensive parts(and who knows how many good swift kicks) to "fix" problems the causes of which often remain a mystery.
    Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
    "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
    One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
    resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
    confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
    A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
    The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by Liv
      Yeah, that would certainly seem to be the logical explanation, but one would think that The Trust guy would have been mightily suspicious of what he perceived as Carter actually helping them - by telling him that the planet was of no use to them. I would have thought he would have called her bluff and fired anyway. I didn't think he was gonna buy it as easily as he did.
      I think that in his own way the Trust cell leader was a "good" guy.

What I mean is, I think he realized that Sam was protecting someone(the beta site, maybe?), and she probably wouldn't do that if it was a Goa'uld garrison or Goa'uld homeworld(if there even is such a thing. After seven1/2 seasons we've yet to see one )

She certainly wouldn't try to protect a dead world - what would be the point? Trust guy was smart enough to know that, and I think he genuinely wished someone like Carter would make their job easier, more <cough> "humanitarian"
      Gracie

Comment

Oh, and about Sam's catsuitjust in case you haven't read enough about it already )

When I saw the Spoiler pics on Gateworld I thought she had been abducted, beamed up from off her bike or something. I must say I was disappointed that it was her official stakeout garb. Didn't make sense and yes, it was distracting.
        Gracie

Comment

Didn't you guys think that when Daniel said at the end that the Prometieus should have shot,he was kinda rude against Jack because Jack waited for Daniel and Sam to get back and he also said thuff(I don't know how it is spelled sorry) hard choice.It seemed so rude.What do you guys think?
          Lord Zedd

Comment

I think that entire scene had a strange and unnatural flow to it.

Comment

I think that entire scene had a strange and unnatural flow to it.
              yeah it did he I kinda could see it coming.SG.1 and gate back but the ship is gone but that scene with Jack.I think what Daniel said hurt him because Jack considers Daniel as a friend and if Daniel had watched out he didn't get zatted by the Thrust (matrix)dude If he didn't get zatted he could have freed Sam and taken control
              Lord Zedd

Comment

I like it. Especially the ending. The way Jack said what he said and his facial expression. Minimal but with an underlying meaning. One could almost see a connection to another story plot. Love RDA acting "serious troubled feelings". It is never easy "to be the man".

Comment

I have aquestion that may have been answered already,but thanks to my temperamental computer I can't seem to get through more than a page or 2 before it gets wiggy on me.Sorry.
                  Why did the Tok'ra's host die as well?It's only supposed to work on the symbiote.I understood the Jaffa's deaths because goa'ulds release a toxin out of spite{&when the symbiote's gone,so is their immune system}.i think the question was raised at onetime concerning Lt.Elliot in "Last Stand",but apparently his injuries were fatal anway.
                  I'm thinking that the symbiote has to have time to release itself from the host other wise the connection would enable the poison to affect the host as well.If the symbiote had had time to realize what was happening,she might have had time to save the host.Maybe the symbiote's death spasm caused an involuntary release of the toxin the Goa'uld use.It's also likely there was an agreement between them,that the host was willing to die in case of capture so the Goa'uld couldn't extract info from the host[one reason Carter was valuable to the Goa'uld,Jolinar's memories].
                  Just wondering...
                  nugglebugget

greetings from the "Bluegrass State"where the grass is actually green,just like everywhere else

Comment

Can anyone tell me why the tokera operative died if only her symbiote was killed?

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
                    Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by GatetheWay
                      Can anyone tell me why the tokera operative died if only her symbiote was killed?
                      The general consensus that i've seen in the fan community is that the symbiont poison acts in some way that produces excessive bleeding of the symbiont. As it's blood is poisonous to humans, that is what killed the host.

Symbiont dies, bleeds massively in the process, the host dies from the blood mixing with her own.

Comment

The general consensus that i've seen in the fan community is that the symbiont poison acts in some way that produces excessive bleeding of the symbiont. As it's blood is poisonous to humans, that is what killed the host.

Symbiont dies, bleeds massively in the process, the host dies from the blood mixing with her own.
                        I agree, MF. But that bring another question. Why was it different for Sam and Jolinar?
                        Last edited by greytop; 27 November 2004, 01:41 PM. Reason: change wording

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
                          I agree, MF. But that bring another question. Why was it different for Sam and Jolinar?
                          Jolinar's manner of death might not have involved sigificant bleeding, and as the symbiont broke down in her system the properties of the blood that make it poisonous to humans may change.

Comment

So I assume that if the symboit knows it is going to die, it has a choice to release or not release the toxin. But, the poison release into the air by the Trust, it seems that the symboit has no choice but to release the toxin into the blood.

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
                              So I assume that if the symboit knows it is going to die, it has a choice to release or not release the toxin. But, the poison release into the air by the Trust, it seems that the symboit has no choice but to release the toxin into the blood.
                              Or it's simply a matter of chemical properties in the blood that changes as the symbiont breaks down.

Comment

I think it would make more sense if the gas the Trust released made the symbiote release the toxin involuntarily. That would explain why Sam was not killed by Jolinar when she was dieing and later being absorbed into Sam's system. The Tokara would not have purposly killed the host. The symbiote would of tried to do all she could to have saved the host like Jolinar with Sam.
                                Last edited by GatetheWay; 05 December 2004, 10:00 AM.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X