No announcement yet.

Covenant (808)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great Alpha site. A proper Alpha site, not some two bob camp they put up.

Did anyone notice Thor's voice was different in this episode?

His appearance was also different.

The lack of RDA is really starting to become apparent now. His absence is starting to remove some of the "heart", if you could call it that, of the show. I don't know what that means for S9...

ANCiENTS & TOLKiEN
    One race to found them all, one race to zap them,
    One race to guide them all, and in the universe transcend them

ODE TO JOY
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken, Tochter aus Elysium,
    Wir betreten Feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum.

Deine Zauber binden wieder, Was die Mode streng geteilt;
    Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

Comment

I don't think it's nessecarily the lack of RDA, as much as it is that they are trying to imply Jack's presense in scenes and shoot his parts of scenes seperately from other people. It lacks feeling when they shoot a 4 person scene around Jack.

Comment

Oh boy does it help to have rock-bottom expectations I had known this one would be Earth-based and involve a possible leak, and couldn't help but expect the worst. And then I was really impressed by almost the whole ep.

It's the best Sam ep in aaaaaages. She was lovely. She was every bit the professional AF officer, and yet AT perfectly conveyed Sam's distaste with her assignments. She did the broadcast with real panache . I'll have to watch it again to be sure, but this might displace ItLoD or Singularity in my top two of AT's acting. She handled those last few scenes particularly well.

Teal'c, Jack and Daniel were all as good as they could have been, given their small roles. Jack was clearly having fun in his new job, at last. Daniel looked far cuter than I remember him to have been. What's with that? (It couldn't have anything to do with a rare excursion to the Thunk thread last week, could it...?)

The main OC bloke was pretty okay. His Blackmailed Colleague was fantastic, best acting I've seen from an OC on Stargate. (Eeek, I've already forgotten their names. I'm like that, it shouldn't be seen as a slur on them, sorry!). Is it just me or are the OCs better on Stargate this year than the past two?

The episode dragged a bit on the Alpha site. Too much of that fella yakking self-righteously. Temporary blip though, it got back up to speed as soon as it got back to the SGC. The tragic stuff was surprisingly effective considering how little time we'd had to get a handle on the Blackmailed Colleague.

So far I'm really enjoying s8 more than s7, even if I do have a yen for a bit of gate-travel and exploration. Partly it's cos the OCs are decent, partly it's cos the plots are decent, partly it's cos I think they've got a bit more practiced at parcelling out the filming time of the overstretched actors. But also it's cos Mr W doesn't whinge how rubbish Stargate is during every ad break any more. He's liking s8 a lot, and by golly it's much more pleasant for me

Madeleine

Comment

Not a bad episode.

I liked the Sam & Daniel moments - being contacted by Julia Donovan & Emmett Bregman, lol. And they both looked amazing out of uniform!!

Alec was alright - I did feel very sorry for him by the end.

Captain Shefield. Heh.

Definitly noticed the lack of Jack. Although from what we did see, he seems to be settling into 'General O'Neill' There was quite a lack of Teal'c too, but we've had a couple of Teal'c heavy eps recently, so I won't complain about that!!

A good ep for Sam, she came across very professional particularly with Donovan.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
            I don't think it's nessecarily the lack of RDA, as much as it is that they are trying to imply Jack's presense in scenes and shoot his parts of scenes seperately from other people. It lacks feeling when they shoot a 4 person scene around Jack.
            Yes I'd go along with that. Couldn't express myself properly above

ANCiENTS & TOLKiEN
            One race to found them all, one race to zap them,
            One race to guide them all, and in the universe transcend them

ODE TO JOY
            Freude, schöner Götterfunken, Tochter aus Elysium,
            Wir betreten Feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum.

Deine Zauber binden wieder, Was die Mode streng geteilt;
            Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

Comment

Originally posted by shelsfc
              There was quite a lack of Teal'c too, but we've had a couple of Teal'c heavy eps recently, so I won't complain about that!!
              Yep. They were probably shooting "Affinity" and "Avatar" around the same time. It seems to me that Jack was in more of this episode than those.
              Rocky

Comment

1. Highlight of the ep had to be

Jack: We've called in a marker
                Sam: We have?
                Jack: Yes we've called in a marker...we've called...*enter Thor after ages*

2. I did not bank on the clone Asgard, nice move there.

3. Alec was a cocky SOB about Stargate security but such people do exist.

4. This ep was a better entrance for the Trust - dead cert.

Overall smooth ep.
                I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G
                  4. This ep was a better entrance for the Trust - dead cert.
                  Originally this episode was supposed to air before Affinity. I've never heard a very good reason for why they changed it.

Comment

Liked this one

I did not see the Asguard clone coming so i really was surprised over that one.

Nice looking new Alpha site and i hope we see
                    more of that in s9.

I have to say at the begining i really did not
                    like Alex but by the end he just sort of grew
                    on me so i hope to see him again.
                    ......TARA......

Comment

Originally posted by tara3583
                      Nice looking new Alpha site and i hope we see
                      more of that in s9.
                      We see more of it in season eight!! "Endgame" to be specific.
                      Rocky

Comment

I wasn't looking forward to this episode at all, I thought it would be another waste episode, like some in the early S7 .. however the episode turned out really good in my opinion.

I like how Sam / Daniel took the professional approach to Alec at his company HQ, and how they went to deny everything, but immediately had it all thrown right back at the by the pictures on the screen.

Shame Alec's friend hung himself, but I was expecting him to die anyway, so it wasn't much of a shock. We're also finally learning more about The Trust, although we don't know a lot in detail about it right now, but I heard more is described later in S8.

The Asgard that Alec used to prove life .. that was very clever, I really thought it was a real asgard at first and then it all turned around.

Bringing Alec to the SGC to meet with Thor was great, the gate, technologies and the new alpha site .. which looks so much like the SGC in many ways, that I do think it is the SGC.

And I love the bit with Thor sitting in O'Neill's office with Dnaile and Jack. When Sam walks in and say they have a meeting with the President in five minutes .. Sam stares being confused and they beam up .. and down. Great stuff.

Teal'c didn't say an awful lot in this episode apart from the odd one or two words, I hope we get to see a lot more dialogue from him soon, like we've seen in Avatar and Affinity.
                        __

__

Comment

1. Where's Teal'c
                          2. cute Daniel (mmmmmmmmmm)
                          3. Good Sam.
                          4. didn't see the Asgard clone coming, so that was good
                          but
                          5. Capt. Sheffield?????? get outta here!

OK, so this ep wasn't actually bad, but ... I can't quite put my finger on it. I wasn't exactly bored, and I was bouncing around waiting for Atlantis (sorry, cheating on Stargate with Atlantis - I can't help myself) and I was also writing a short story.

All in all, not a bad ep, and I will watch it again. But it won't be up there with my favourites.
                          In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

I wasn't too excited about this episode, but after watching it I thought it was pretty good. I liked the casting of Alec- thought he was played well. And also we got a bit more info on The Trust. But Teal'c was hardly in it at all! He had like 5 lines!....okay well maybe more than that, but he didn't really add anything to the story. I thought it was an okay episode though.

Comment

I enjoyed the first 2 episodes of this season, then found the next 5 average at best. So it was with a heavy heart I tuned into this episode, expecting little. Boy, was I surprised. This was a much better episode, back to something approaching the previous seasons.

The interactions between the main characters seemed more natural, much less forced than earlier eps., and everybody looked as if they were enjoying themselves.

Loved the Asgard clone and Thor's intervention.
                              Liked the new Alpha site, nice to see some offworld action and the stargate.
                              sigpic

Comment

I think Jack was so funny when he had to meet the president and then beemed out of the SGC with Thor. I dont know if anyone noticed and I know it doesnt really matter, but there was a discontinuity error with the gate when Alex (i think) was going through the gate for the first time. The triangle things normally open and then close when a chevron is locked but it didnt.

Comment

Working...
                                X