Covenant (808)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by acdj31
    I liked this ep. It had a great storyline, should they tell the world or keep it a secret. I liked Colson. In a way if I was him I would do the same thing. I think I order for Colson to have changed they should have took him to the planet in Icon or a planet destoryed by the Gou'ald. Some times seeing is believing.
    Good idea, for a minute there, i thought your going to say leave him there, hahah...
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by Harlan
      Ok ! Soory I must have missed Sam's quote about Asgard DNA Sample .

Talking about the Ba'al Hologram :
      maybe your explanations is right ...

But I have two arguments to 'convince' you folks
      that Ba'al is using an Asgard Hologram Projection :

- In Zero Hour, we can easily hear exactly the same sounds when the hologram of Ba'al appears, the same as the Asgard hologram. It's also the same sounds when the hologram is steady, and when it disappears.

- At the end of Redemption Part I (S6), an Holographic Anubis appears at SGC (there's the famous 'Prepare to meet your doom'). Then Carter deduces that Anubis stole the Asgard this holographic projection system.
      In Season 8, we learn that Ba'al took all the remaining troops of the 'defeated' Anubis. Actually, we learn he took everything in the empire of Anubis. So I think he stole the Asgard Hologram System to Anubis ...

And maybe there's a 'keep the hologram image's original colors' button on the asgard device,
      and Ba'al put it ON lol ...
      Anubis may have stolen exactly how the tech works from Thor's brain, but maybe he didn't have the resources, or see the need, to impliment the 'change hologram based on conditions in the environment' feature.
      sigpic

Comment

I felt this was an 'ok' episode.

The Asgard clone was a good twist, but the rest seemed a little predictable.

When they were discussing the fact that they used different contracts to study the alien technology they have gathered, I was a little upset. Then I got to thinking, that they have been lucky this hasn't happened before. (I know, TPTB have that control... ) But if the SGC has been 'throwing around' alien technology, then they shouldn't be surprised when something like this happens and should have been more prepared on how to deal with it.
        No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

sigpic

Comment

I liked the ep but I thought this was a missed opportunity to expand the story. Up the storytelling. I was really hoping that the truth would get out. It wouldve been a lot more interesting and I bet you it wouldve been great if did right. Kinda dissapointed me that at the end it was all wrapped up. Although thats what I expected.

I liked the ep a lot though. Enjoyed it more then I thought it would!

Did anybody else notice that they redressed the Atlantis set and made it the headquarters of Coulson headquarters? I thought the banisters looks famillar then I realized they were from Atlantis. Or maybe they just used the same material? I am not sure. But they look alike!
          "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

Sam: " Welcome to my world."

Sums it all up.

I thought it was a good, strong episode. This could have been an average episode, but good casting (again) gives us excellent performances which makes Stargate SG1 fun to watch.

Also, to repeat what someone else said, kudos to Sci Fi channel for not giving away the Asgard portion of the story in the preview. That was a good surprise.

Dolby1000

Comment

Originally posted by Dolby1000
              Also, to repeat what someone else said, kudos to Sci Fi channel for not giving away the Asgard portion of the story in the preview. That was a good surprise.
              Even the spoiler pictures that were out there didn't really establish what the heck was going on in them. I rather liked being surprised.

Comment

well, I was away at the con, and standing in a queue when they showed this ep but I have finally watched it! I quite enjoyed it myself, more than any of the other earthbound eps so far this season. And even tho I had seen the photos with the Asguard I was still suprised at how they did it. And quite impressed! I would never have thought of using the Asguard technology that way - very ingenious!
                I thought packing Alec off to another planet was a bit of a cop out, and I wish they'd shown this in the order they had originally intended (seeing as Daniel's off the cuff remark about "The Trust" last week bugged me quite a bit).
                Still, overall I was intrigued, and entertained. I just hope we get some teamwork and perhaps even a trip through the big round thing in the very near future....

Comment

You know what, although i forgive the show for being different (because i'm one of those people who like the episodes so far), i almost forgot what the circle ring thing was Haha...
                  Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

To heck with the 'grow your own crystals' kit or Chia pets--I want an Asgaard kit! (Do you suppose I'd get anywhere by putting it on my christmas list?)

What happened to Sam's car from Desperate Measures? Although the red one is snazzy...

Comment

I iwsh i had something positive to say about this, i really do...well, jack and thor doing the white light thing to see the president was cool, but..i was so bored.

i couldn't care less about alec colson or his company. not only was jack hardly in it, but neither was teal'c. and why introduce a new character now, so close to the end, with so few loose ends tied up?

no, wait..the continutiy was good. using the reporter from prometheus and daniel getting bregman's meesages. but otherwise, please, don't ever show me alec colson again. and for pity's sake, don't waste any more episode time on new characters.
                      Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

I was just watching my tape of the show while waiting to leave. I saw water dripping off the stargate (it was a closeup). Do they have water it to keep it from over heating in such close quarters?

Comment

Was it me or did the Colson Industries logo look suspciously similar to the Sci-fi Channel's logo?

Hmmm . . .

Comment

Originally posted by LMichelle
                            Was it me or did the Colson Industries logo look suspciously similar to the Sci-fi Channel's logo?

Hmmm . . .
                            Yes, it's been discussed and their are caps upthread.

Comment

Ok episode. Not setting off any major coolness vibes. Didn't like the new Alpha Site. One there were no .50Cals facing the gate. Two it looked far to advanced for something they cooked up while limited to the equipment you can fit through a Five-meter stargate. Myabe the had the promie fly some major construction stuff over bit it stiff didn't ahev the feel off the old one i knew and loved.
                              sigpic
                              Banner By JME2

Comment

An okay episode. I actually don't mind the new Alpha site. The only thing that really stood out for me was the appearance of Thor. Always a bonus when he's in an episode.

Comment

Working...
                                X